Will My Uk Xbox Work In Thailand And Is Gta 5 Out Here Yet?

britgent

Yeah, it will work with no problems - the only difference between Thai TVs and UK ones is in the actual signal sent over the air, and the 360 doesn't use a modulator.

There are a couple of things you should be aware of, though - one is that if you have an Xbox Live account that is registered in the UK it will normally match you with other UK users even if the console is not in the UK anymore - this can result in very poor multiplayer gaming. The other is that getting original PAL software is basically impossible in Thailand - most of the games are copies, and the ones that aren't are generally NTSC:J and hence may or may not work on your console depending on if the developer region locked it.

Cheers for the heads up. I keep reading here about getting xbox's chipped. Is it possible with my xbox and how much will it cost and for subsequent games etc ? Apologies for the bone questions but really know very little apart from playing it.

the best for you would be to get it RGH so you can enjoy all dlc an xbla aswell as games on hdd.

what's your dash version?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you play much on xbox live? If so I would go with flashing your xbox rather than rgh. Games can be bought go 100 baht. Your xbox is pal so you need region pal games. Here they use region ntsc-j . Most games are region free meaning they work on any console. But you will come across the odd game that is locked to NTSC-j.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I am very sorry to ask my own questions on your thread but i dont know how to create my own .. But I am moving to Southern Thailand to live with my family over there. They have WIFI Access in all rooms but I wasnt sure what my UK xbox one would allow me to do over there.. Can i play online? Will the games work that i have taken into the country from the UK? I have been puzzled for weeks but have no way of finding out any specific information.. So will i be able to play online and interact with others over party chat and game play etc?

PLEASE HELP!

• 5 weeks later...

I am very sorry to ask my own questions on your thread but i dont know how to create my own .. But I am moving to Southern Thailand to live with my family over there. They have WIFI Access in all rooms but I wasnt sure what my UK xbox one would allow me to do over there.. Can i play online? Will the games work that i have taken into the country from the UK? I have been puzzled for weeks but have no way of finding out any specific information.. So will i be able to play online and interact with others over party chat and game play etc?

PLEASE HELP!

It works...I use PS3 and PS4 with EU account..and is fine...you must use a decent internet service (low ping) then is fine...is not like playing in europe (the servers for european players are all there)..if possible set the game in a way to give priority to closer players (for example FIFA 15 has this option).

PLEASE HELP!

Ive been doing a bit of research into this.

The xbox one has a regional setting in the settings. No matter where you are in he world as long as you don't change the regional settings on the xbox. You will be able to play games that are from the UK or from the UK marketplace. Apps use geolocation so bbc iplayer or netflix won't work. unless u use a service like uno telly which tricks the box in to thinking your in the UK.

P.s physical discs are region free so if you buy a game from the UK it will be fine.