Urgent Request Blood Ubon

sammycic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for their wonderful support in helping our aussie mate. As stated above the doctors are operating at the moment and if not for the donators, roi et, yasathon and the frenchman here in ubon would not have happened.

Tony and I heartfelt thanks to everyone and pray for him to make it thru as said a very dangerous operation.

Thanks to everyone from jeff and tony

Could you only call Tony for now as his phone is not working with sms.

Edited by sammycic
  • Like 1

thaivisa should have a section in their forum called "Rare Blood Types" and people can post there blood type and location for when things like this happen. People can track down donors and location of donors easily. I have A- blood and it would be great to know if anyone else in my area (Rayong) has the same blood type just in case of an emergency!

• Like 1

thaivisa should have a section in their forum called "Rare Blood Types" and people can post there blood type and location for when things like this happen. People can track down donors and location of donors easily. I have A- blood and it would be great to know if anyone else in my area (Rayong) has the same blood type just in case of an emergency!

Agree 100%

When things go wrong it would be nice to know your fellow TV members have got your back, it could be a very good way of adding extra publicity to the site and saving some lives.

Rhino you have a great idea there. I am also A neg with the RH factor. For now atleast in am in Rayong area also, hopefully we won't need any blood products, but if the need arises keep me in mind. It's also a good idea if you know youre going to have elective surgery to have a friend or family with same type bloOd to donate that morning or day before as whole bloods shelf life isn't long 24-48, blood plasma with formed elements is much longer as the RBCs breakdown, the PO2 ( oxygen levels deteriate rapidly).

• Like 2

An old German guy needed the same type a while ago. It took weeks for them to get blood and he passed away right after the -not free- donation. Will check on a friend who offered blood at this time.

Please keep us up to date, it's difficult as only 2% Thais do have this type if blood.Hope it works out. More important is to make sure that he's in a single room, as some "ordinary" rooms are full with all sorts of virus and bacteria.

Will make some phone calls now.

Cheers-wai2.gif

Actually it's only 0.3 % of Thais have Rh negative blood. I am A Neg and in Ubon. I will be calling the number in a moment.

• Like 1

Not all A Neg blood has the RH factor.

Negative (for any blood group) means that it is negative for the Rhesus (Rh) factor. So if your blood is A negative, that is Rhesus negative.

thank you so much that you are going to donate

The operation was a success and helmuth is in recovery. the operation would not have taken place last night if not for the wonderful support from thaivisa readers.

He still needs blood but we have 3 donors today and the blood bank in bangkok is open today which was a problem with it being closed yesterday.

thanks to everyone who contributed to this post.

cheers jeff & tony.

Good to hear that. Please do not rely on Bangkok blood bank. It's pretty much similar to the educational system here. Could take them weeks, happened just a few months ago, but then arrived too late. Gerhard went home....... Cheers-wai2.gif

• Like 1

I have the A negative blood type so if anyone starts a list I would be happy to be listed as a donor. I live in Hua Hin.

Just a thought; in the U.S. you can donate blood in advance for yourself in case of emergency. It is advisable especially if you have a rare type. I don't know how the blood bank preserves it or for how long but if they do that here, even if at a small cost for storage or preservation, it may be something to think about for us with rare types, or a business opportunity for someone with a medical background in storing blood. I'd pay for the service if it was within my budget.

update 2 of our donors could not be used. We have been informed by the hospital that they can use O -, so if any body can help please call Tony and he can give the details of what is needed. We really need local ubon people please.

thanks Jeff

update 2 of our donors could not be used. We have been informed by the hospital that they can use O -, so if any body can help please call Tony and he can give the details of what is needed. We really need local ubon people please.

thanks Jeff

Just received a phone call from a woman working in Bangkok for a German institution, helping foreigners in Thailand. She had just spoken with the doctor at Sapphasit, who'd told her that they do have enough blood. Please clarify, can't be a misunderstanding, as the woman who called them is Thai.

Cheers- wai2.gif

P.S. Phone call was at 9.35 Tourist Police Ubon are informed and they're looking too, if still needed.

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

The latest is that 4 out of 6 donors could not be used. We still need blood as at time 10.a.m. we can use O neg.

The problems we are getting too old, too much medication etc. My wife has just gone to the muay thai school here, maybe get lucky some healthy young boxers.

We definately do need more blood.

Cheers.

The latest is that 4 out of 6 donors could not be used. We still need blood as at time 10.a.m. we can use O neg. The problems we are getting too old, too much medication etc. My wife has just gone to the muay thai school here, maybe get lucky some healthy young boxers. We definately do need more blood. Cheers.

Will try to find somebody soon.

The latest is that 4 out of 6 donors could not be used. We still need blood as at time 10.a.m. we can use O neg. The problems we are getting too old, too much medication etc. My wife has just gone to the muay thai school here, maybe get lucky some healthy young boxers. We definately do need more blood. Cheers.

Just called the lady from the German institution in Bangkok who'd spoken to the doctor at the ICU at Sapphasit. She'll call him again, will let you know asap .

They'd clearly told her that they don't need more blood. Might have been the guys who couldn't donate? Cheers- wai2.gif

Please send your wife to some schools, as they know the students' blood group, some teachers (foreigners and Thais) might have the right type.

Rajabhat might be a good place to check.

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

I am A RH negative but I am on Phuket.

Please let me know if I can donate on Phuket for transport to Ubon.

I am ARh neg, and recently a friend needed it, but I was rejected because they have an arbitrary age limit for blood donors. Luckily it wasnt a life or death situation, just a big op.

Sorry, but i don't get it. The lady from Bangkok just phoned me and was just talking to doctors and nurses from Sapphasit. They'd told her that no more blood is needed now.

Should that information be wrong, please consider a ride to Sisaket. Many foreigners are working at Anuban Sisaket and the school called Sisaket Wittayalai next door.

Please keep us informed!--wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai