Location Of Dlt (Dept Of Land And Transporation) In Cm

connda

Where is the DLT office here in Chiang Mai? I plan on buying a second-hand motorcycle with valid green book from the original owner, and would like to go with the seller to have the cycle checked paperwork processed prior to handing over the cash. But I have no idea where DLT Offices are? And address would be good -- a Google Placemark even better!!! :) Thanks!

South on Hang Dong Road from Airport Plaza area. Keep a sharp eye out after passing the Tesco on your left. The offices are also on the left, near a pedestrian bridge. If you reach the big intersection to Saraphi, you've gone two blocks too far, and need to turn back.

I had to change my plate from another province to Chiangmai for my bike and I had to have the bike checked at the Land Transport office in Chiangmai Nong Hoi near the Holiday Inn. I was told that this is the place for bike inspection when you sell-buy as in Hang Dong is for car and truck.

Maybe another member can confirm or refute this.

This is the right place. Maybe there is more than one place, but the one in Nong Hoi is where we go. I always thought the other places was for DL's etc.

Here's a marker:

Transport office

I had to change my plate from another province to Chiangmai for my bike and I had to have the bike checked at the Land Transport office in Chiangmai Nong Hoi near the Holiday Inn. I was told that this is the place for bike inspection when you sell-buy as in Hang Dong is for car and truck.

This is the right place. Maybe there is more than one place, but the one in Nong Hoi is where we go. I always thought the other places was for DL's etc.

Here's a marker:

Transport office

Correct...that's the place for motorbikes,the other place is for DL's and cars reg....

...or maybe they do motorbikes as well?...correct me ,if I'm wrong,but I always use the place in Nog Hoi for motorbikes...smile.png

Edited by funcat

The one on Hang Dong does plates, taxes and DL for cars for certain, just not sure about MCs. Perhaps a call would answer the question.

The one on Hang Dong road. the 114/116/117/118 appear to be extensions to different internal offices.

0-5327-8570 , 0-5327-0410-2 (IP-Phone)250200-1

http://www.chiangmaidlt.go.th/main.php?pp=contactus/contact_us.php&lm=

The one in Nong Hoi:

0-5314-0405 (from the DLT website)

post-566-0-93703000-1361854191_thumb.jpg

Nong Hoi does name changes for motorbikes and tax for cars and bikes.

Hang Dong does everything.

Does 'tax for cars' mean registration renewal? Also, exactly where is it in relationship to the hospital or Holiday Inn?

Thanks

Does 'tax for cars' mean registration renewal? Also, exactly where is it in relationship to the hospital or Holiday Inn?

Thanks

Nearly directly across from Holiday Inn.

Street View

The very tall building to the right of the above street view is the Holiday Inn.

Thanks

Nearly directly across from Holiday Inn.

Street View

The very tall building to the right of the above street view is the Holiday Inn.

Thanks Tywais. I was looking out for it on the road that crosses the river.