Hour-Long Rescue Of 3 Year Old Stuck In Locked Car In East Pattaya

Rimmer

Hour-long rescue of 3 year old stuck in locked car in East Pattaya

car-6.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Monday rescue services were called to Soi Neun Plub Wan in East Pattaya to assist a Mother and Father who left their 3 year old child in their car for less than a minute. The Child decided to lock the doors from the inside and the car key was left inside the car.

Rescuers arrived and first were able to pull down the front passenger side window to ensure the child would not suffocate.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/76428/hour-long-rescue-3-year-stuck-locked-car-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-02-26

Seriously? Never once did it occur to rescuers that MAYBE they should try to BREAK OPEN THE WINDOW?

As a parent - I'd probably think the cost of replacing a window is worth the life of my child.

Exactly, I have actually done that, smashed the front side window and then charged the parents with leaving a child unattended in a vehicle. In Melbourne it is ilegal to leave a young child in a vehicle because there have been to many deaths from heat related ilnesses.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

"Do you want the ice-cream? Wind down the window then and we'll pass it through". Haven't these people had children?

Have, but they also have a car with electric powered windows!

My 16 month old girl knows how to turn a key in a lock and operate electric windows.

--- EDIT ---

In fact if I left my daughter in the car with the keys that would be her first port of call!

Edited by draftvader

Rescuers arrived and first were able to pull down the front passenger side window to ensure the child would not suffocate.

Suffocate in a car. rolleyes.gif

Bright kid though, locking the doors to keep kidnappers at bay. smile.png

Edited by Semper

• 1 month later...

These things scare me so much, i have a 3 year old and would never leave him in the car even for a second.

Have just read another article about a 3 year old who was left in the school van ALL DAY!!! How this can happen is beyond my comprehension...pure negligence and stupidity by the school/van driver. She had been fighting for her life for the past 14 days or so but sadly died yesterday.

This sounds like a story that was here about a month ago, could it just be a re-run? Anyway, that is BS, that they just left the child in the car for a minute. Why would they even lock the car, if it was just for a minute, and why didnt one of the parents stay with the child? Same story from everyone that leaves a child in a car, "only for a minute". Dont they know how hot it can get in a car? Sure, there is enough air in the car, thats not the problem, its the HEAT. Key left inside the car! Must be idiots or worse.