Crystal Bay Beach Resort

FDog

I would appreciate it if someone on the island could give some info.

My brother is going to Koh Samui in April. I've never been to Koh Samui but for some reason because I have spent a lot of time in Thailand he thinks I MUST know about the best places to stay.

He is considering the Crystal Bay Beach Resort.

I have no idea what this place is like. I have checked it out on the internet and note it is a couple of Klm's from Chaweng Beach so imagine it is too far to walk and a little quiet, hence, it may cost him a bit for the taxi mafia each day in fares.

Sooo, would one of you enlightened board members please tell me if you know of this resort? Is it good? Are there any similar resorts he could stay at for a similar price within walking distance of the 'action' or do you think the taxi fares would be reasonable from there to Chaweng.

If you need more info just let me know.

Cheers

good evening,

Crystal bay resort is located on a very quiet and beautiful little beach between Chaweng and Lamai.

For someone who does not rent and drive a motorbike (10 mn drive), and wants to spend the evening in Chaweng, I would rather recommand an other location, 10 mn walk from the center part of Chaweng ( and cheaper and quieter),

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/samui/chawengresort/

http://www.tripadvisor.fr/Hotel_Review-g676072-d455082-Reviews-Chaweng_Cove_Beach_Resotel-Chaweng_Koh_Samui_Surat_Thani_Province.html

good evening,

Crystal bay resort is located on a very quiet and beautiful little beach between Chaweng and Lamai.

For someone who does not rent and drive a motorbike (10 mn drive), and wants to spend the evening in Chaweng, I would rather recommand an other location, 10 mn walk from the center part of Chaweng ( and cheaper and quieter),

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/samui/chawengresort/

http://www.tripadvisor.fr/Hotel_Review-g676072-d455082-Reviews-Chaweng_Cove_Beach_Resotel-Chaweng_Koh_Samui_Surat_Thani_Province.html

Agreed! Awesome place the whole takian bay crystal beach area but I always rent a car when I stay there. If you have to use taxis it will get expensive. The beach there is small but nice and it's a very good place to chill away from lamai and chawang.

It's one of a lot of nice beach areas on Samui, it all comes down to what sort of atmosphere people want during their stay.... Nothing wrong with Chrystal Bay beach, it's a nice area.... But too so are many other beaches, just as nice or nicer! .

They range from being quiet to being over crowded .... some people like that, others don't. .... You see that going around the island, all areas have people staying.... not everyone wants crowds of people around...

In April except perhaps around Songkran, things are generally quieter anyway.... It depends too on the price range one wants to pay too.... wink.png

Crystal Bay is a great place - with absolutley nothing to do except eat, drink and relax. thumbsup.gif

Taxis will be an issue. After a few days your brother will want to move on if he is under 40 years old. (Unless he has a nymphomaniac girlfriend who can turn water into beer. whistling.gif ) Definitely move closer to Chewang if he wants to party. drunk.gif

April 13th is Songkhran - Chewang will be pedestrian only and a complete mess. Some love it others stay away. It is party time for 36 hours. Everyone gets very very wet (put phone and money in plastic bags) and no one is safe from the water.partytime2.gif

Try getting a bucketful of cold water with ice cubes in your face when you are driving along at 30 kph on a motorbike. Not always nice - highest death rate on the roads in Thailand over that 5 day period.crying.gif