Ramon Dekkers Dead

needforspeed

was this the muay thai fighter that used to train around patts.in the eighties,if it is i remember he was the first farang fighter to be invited to fight at lumpini.only talking about him last week hard man.R.I.P.

You might be thinking of Rob Kaman. Not long before I met him, a friend of mine almost caused me to get into a physical confrontation with him - neither of us realizing who he was, and me being fairly confident in my ability to look after myself, I wasn't eager (a big and fit guy who looked extremely confident) but I was willing to help my friend out...to say that I am exceedingly lucky that situation didn't escalate would be a massive understatement. (He turned out to be a very nice guy when I got to know him a bit over ensuing months, as far as I'm concerned, but others have said differently)

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

was this the muay thai fighter that used to train around patts.in the eighties,if it is i remember he was the first farang fighter to be invited to fight at lumpini.only talking about him last week hard man.R.I.P.

You might be thinking of Rob Kaman. Not long before I met him, a friend of mine almost caused me to get into a physical confrontation with him - neither of us realizing who he was, and me being fairly confident in my ability to look after myself, I wasn't eager (a big and fit guy who looked extremely confident) but I was willing to help my friend out...to say that I am exceedingly lucky that situation didn't escalate would be a massive understatement. (He turned out to be a very nice guy when I got to know him a bit over ensuing months, as far as I'm concerned, but others have said differently)

thanks for that it is rob i was thinking about,also i did see ramon fight many times,can you remember which one it was that ko.d a thai with one punch,first fight in thailand.

thanks for that it is rob i was thinking about,also i did see ramon fight many times,can you remember which one it was that ko.d a thai with one punch,first fight in thailand.

Ramon born 6 September 1969 at Breda (The Netherlands)

Started Thai boxing in 1986 with his trainer Cor Hemmers who married his mother later, won many fights in Lumpinni stadium between 1997 and 2006. He started as Featherweight.

Retired from Thai boxing in 2006 and went to K1 and other mix fights.

He left us on 27 February 2013.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am shoked. I saw him almost every year at the Sidyothong camp. At last 3 years ago with a girl from Holland. Him start to be a Little bit fat. :-)

Same me!!! No muay thai, no running, no climbing anymore about knee problems (Arthrosis).

Sidyothong past away too last years and a lot of coaches moved to singapure 3 years ago.

Edited by snowgard