True Move Inter Sim

willfreeman

Not sure, could be many issues: SIM expired, no validity, no balance, SIM not registering with the network, no coverage, phone not configured properly.

http://www.truemove.com/en/Inter-SIM-Prepay.rails

Can you call 1331?

What happens when you enter #123# SEND/CALL?

FWIW, TrueMove no longer offers 3G, so if you require higher speed mobile data maybe go with TrueMove H, or DTAC/Happy.

i doubt sim would be expired, i just bought it, has nor credit i assume as i havent even been able to activate it. my iphone from australia is unlocked and when i have australian sim in it shows me on DTAC carrier. When i take it out and put true move sim in says no service and i cant call any of the activation numbers to activate the sim. Seeing as my australian sim would run through dtac network i went and bought happy sim, but same thing when i put it in it reads no service in top corner and i can not activate the sim.

It sounds like some issue specific to the iPhone. Have you ever used another SIM in your phone?

Maybe ask in the Apple sub-forum, or ask a Mod to move this thread there?

Found this: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/538810-cant-activate-brand-new-iphone-4s-from-denmark/?hl=%2Bsim+%2Bunlock#entry5116344

Not sure if this is causing your issue, but maybe a search will lead you to some potential solutions?

Edited by lomatopo

There's a good chance the option to use a different SIM is locked (as is usually the case with phones supplied "on contract", especially from the US). My guess would be you need to have the phone 'unlocked'. Many phone shops in many plazas can probably do this for you, prices vary a lot (it should be fairly cheap) so do shop around.

You should be able to check your phone's IMEI online, and find out whether it's locked to a carrier or not.

Not sure, could be many issues: SIM expired, no validity, no balance, SIM not registering with the network, no coverage, phone not configured properly.

http://www.truemove.com/en/Inter-SIM-Prepay.rails

Can you call 1331?

What happens when you enter #123# SEND/CALL?

FWIW, TrueMove no longer offers 3G, so if you require higher speed mobile data maybe go with TrueMove H, or DTAC/Happy.

Actually this is not quite the case. 3G is still available in some areas using a standard Inter SIM.

phones from australia, got in from a mate but we both used same carrier so maybe the phone is locked for international sims only. checked with my australian teleco and they said the phones age as long as i update via itunes the phones software as i have done it will be unlocked, maybe it is only locked for international sim?

tried manually selecting true with my aussie sim in but said no service, but the local haves true service here on koh chang i believe, will consult a loca phone shop later and see not sure if anyone on koh chang can unlock it one place i tried said they couldnt, if not wait till i get back to mainland in a few days