Flying With Dog

English Noodles

Hi all, I am going down to Hat Yai at the end of the week and will be flying on a Thai airways flight.

My question is, can i take my dog on the flight with me? He is a Shitzu very well behaved and does not make any noise. i.e. barking, yapping etc.

Has anyone done this? Do you have to let airline know in advance and do you have to pay?

Thanks.

Noodles.

In Saudi a load of years ago the locals used to take thier animals and especially their goats with them on the planes.(internal flights)

Sitting there hoping for a beer (No Chance )and then along comes "billy"and not looking to happy :o... why ....they are about to give him the quick face in you know what direction and say bye bye to this earthly coil.

Didnt mind that too much but did get annoyed at the idea of the bonfire in the back of the plane to cook him on....

Air hostesses were very quick that day.......

From thaiairways.com

Can I take my pet ?

Yes. One dog, cat, or small bird may accompany you in a cage in the passenger cabin. A second (or more) pet may be carried in the passenger cabin but it must be in a cage and you must make arrangements with THAI well in advance of your departure date. The pet and its container must not weigh more than 10 kg. (22 lb.). The cage must not be larger than 55 x 37 x 30 cm. (21.5 x 14.5 x 12 inches). The weight of the pet and its container are not included in the free luggage allowance; instead, the normal excess luggage rate shall be levied.

I assume that if the dog is large then it will need to go on a cargo flight, just guessing. :o

Naka.

As long as your dog is small and fits into the pet-container with m/ments mentioned, you can keep him with you in the passenger cabin.

Larger pets can be booked to be on the same flight but will be carried in the cargo compartment that is accessible from passengers areas for the crew. No need for a cargo flight, which let's keep for horses etc.

You def. have to pre book in either case to avoid that too many pax arrive with pets for one flight :o