Explorer Removal.....

skippybangkok

Have ( belated ) installed Firefox, and it was clear I should i should of done it yonks ago. How to I un-install explorer ?

Thanks for your help

I would suggest not removing it. For one it is fairly integrated into the system and will probably break something, but 2nd and more important there are still sites out there that will not work properly without the IE engine. Internet banking for one. You can make it work better for the times you must use it by using something like Avant browser. It uses the engine but adds a better looking interface and a lot of nice features. Then you can just remove any links to IE from your desktop/Startup menu and forget about it.

Edited by tywais

Have ( belated ) installed Firefox, and it was clear I should i should of done it yonks ago. How to I un-install explorer ?

Thanks for your help

I use firefox too , but i still have IE still there. I believe you can not uninstall IE. Thats why they all fuming about....

The best way to avoid IE is to Install Linux and don't run Windows at all...

rcm :o

This is what the law suits against MS have been about.

You cannot remove IE, it is bundled in and will clutter up your disk whether or not you want it.

Sad to say, some web sites will not work without it.

yes,is recommended not remove IExplorer,also think about update the system,is possible to do with xp-lite,but not recommended

the best way is use some firewall that blocked IExplorer always and allow only opera or firefox,maybe tou can create an advanced rule thet when you visite microsoft update with IE he can go,but only for this site

From personal experience I can say "DON'T REMOVE EXPLORER!!!

First of all, Windows itself uses explorer to present some things. Some web sites use explorer and won't work without it. A number of programs use explorer for various tasks and won't function without it. For example, any business, etc. using QuickBooks must have explorer installed or QuickBooks will not run -- it won't even open! I suspect, since both come from Intuit, that Quicken will have the same problem.

I tried removing explorer a couple of years ago. It took me months to get everything back to operating the way I wanted.

Never again!