Lpg Installation Where To Find A Good Shop?

Gregga

Hi. was planning to use lpg on my mazda2 and I was told there is a shop on soi 51 and Petchkasem. But it seems to be closed permanently.

Anyone knows where to install such an equipment in Huahin area? In fact I want to utilize my spare wheel compartment for that. Please advise if you know where to do it.

Thanx.

Near Hua Hin Tan Samai there's a sign in thai that says something like: We install LPG and NGV.

Great i need to check it out. but where is Hua Hin Tan Samai ? what is it ?

I just Installed a DONUT in my spare wheel compartment and I'm more than happy

LPG seems to be working as good as a regular gas (benzine)- it switches automatically to LPG after the engine worked for a minute or two on a regular benzine (to warm up an engine)

There is a gadget inside the car that shows you amount of gas left in a tank. And you can manually switch to Benzine or back to LPG anytime.

It cost me 31 000 baht for a tank of 42 liters + all installation and 1 year warranty+full tank. The guy from the shop will go with me to register a new installation in Cha-am motor Vehicle department next week and some office in Petchaburi - this also included in the price.

But there is also an option to install a regular tank ( which cuts half of your trunk) of 50 - 60 liters for a 27 - 32000. All depends on a car though. This prices are for sedan car.

The shop is located on Soi 50 and Petchkasem It's right opposite Kings Palace. You wont miss it it has green CASTROL sign and its an only shop around.

Tell them you are from Mr. G - they promised a small discount to my friends.

P.S. No extra sounds or vibration were noticed so far.

Edited by Gregga
  • Like 1

My Honda was converted last year close to Cha-Am and I did 18,000km with it. So far I am pretty satisfied with it.

The donut tank type is space saving. Choose the biggest tank available as you can use 80percent of the volume only.

Mine is 54l, so usable volume is approx 44l, which is good for 380km with my 2.4l engine.

km costs are cut down to half, so it pays back pretty fast

My Honda was converted last year close to Cha-Am and I did 18,000km with it. So far I am pretty satisfied with it.

The donut tank type is space saving. Choose the biggest tank available as you can use 80percent of the volume only.

Mine is 54l, so usable volume is approx 44l, which is good for 380km with my 2.4l engine.

km costs are cut down to half, so it pays back pretty fast

I'm considering doing that to one of my cars also. However, I'm mildly concerned with the government's new policy to start floating the price of LPG up to 25 from it's current level.

I'm wondering if anyone has done the numbers on whether it is worthwhile converting at higher LPG prices? Maybe this should be in the motoring forum.