Thai, Malaysian Leaders Say Thaksin Involved In Peace Process

webfact

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bitterness is in full flow here. It must be hard being a Thaksin hater these days as he, his sister and his party go from strength to strength. Come Monday he'll be in control of Bangkok as well.

Instead of being abused by his spiteful, jealous enemies he must be highly commended for playing a major role in a significant step towards a more peaceful South.

'He'll be in control'....?

Oh no! One of the few Thaksinistas on TV and even you don't believe Yingluck is the real PM.

Can we trust no one any more?

hahaha... biggrin.png

Just goes to show how difficult it is to be a "Thaksin Lover" these days.

Heap praise on him at the expense of revealing Yingluck to be the clone her brother said she was.

It's a fine balancing act that, as evidenced, is beyond the capability of most of them.

What is your point? The party's slogan was 'Thaksin thinks, Peua Thai does'. Yingluck said she rings him for advice. Detractors try to make out there is a big problem and loss of face for the government here, but they are clutching at the very few remaining straws.

You & the other army apologists may think it's a big issue, but the Thai electorate simply doesn't agree with you. You are all as out of touch with Thailand & the Thai people as AV. Thai people voted to have TS as an integral part of the government.

I am confused! who do I believe Yingluck or Rich Teacher? Will the real PM please stand up.

"I'm the real prime minister" : Yingluck

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra denied on

Thursday in an international news report that her elder brother, ousted premier

Thaksin, controlled the cabinet remotely from abroad via various telecommunications channels and that her daily

job involved just cutting the ribbons and making the speeches.

http://news.silobreaker.com/im-the-real-prime-minister--yingluck-5_2266575715585490996

But wait....

The Thai prime minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, is facing criticism for allowing her brother, the deposed leader Thaksin Shinawatra,

to summon government ministers for a meeting by webcam from his self-imposed exile abroad.

"Ministers squirmed uncomfortably in their chairs as Thaksin acted like a teacher, 'lecturing' some of them who failed to

Thaksin went into detail on plans for a big increase in the minimum wage and a rice intervention plan, it said, adding that

he would chair similar meetings each week. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/23/thai-prime-minister-brother-meeting

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Thursday brushed aside a report in the New York Times that during her year-and-a-half in office most of the important political decisions were made via Skype from overseas by her elder brother and former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

http://www.niuzer.com/Asia/Yingluck-I-am-the-real-prime-minister-16231892.html

Former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has played a role in an agreement towards peace process, signed between Thailand and a Muslim insurgent group in the Malaysian capital on Thursday, according to Thai and Malaysian prime ministers.........Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra confirmed her brother’s involvement which led to the signing of an agreement.

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=5130156c150ba040040000c8

This triggered instant criticism: the press believed that the real Prime Minister was the brother, and that Yingluck was just a puppet manipulated from Dubai. What does she think? “It’s almost been a year since I became Prime Minister. If I had to depend on my brother for everything, I wouldn’t have made it through,” she says.

She refutes that she is in permanent contact with him, or that she is only here to recite a script that is written in Dubai. “I use my own qualities as a leader in power. I need his support, yes, but the clear message that I send to everyone is this: I am the Prime Minister,” Shinawatra says.

http://www.worldcrunch.com/yingluck-shinawatra-thailands-novice-leader-looks-back-one-year-later/world-affairs/yingluck-shinawatra-thailand-s-novice-leader-looks-back-one-year-later-/c1s5904/

I guess the proof is in the pudding, as Thaksin is leading the peace process in the south, as he is liasing with the Malaysian leadership and the Thai government then I guess Red Teacher is right, The convicted criminal and fugitive from justice,Thaksin is the real Thai PM.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

I hope two of the demands from the Muslim side during the negotiations are the people who were responsible for the Krue Sae mosque and the Tak Bai massacre have charges brought against them with an ensuing trial.

The trial should be under the Shariah law.

....wouldn't make any difference...the one/s involved would simply do a runner again, say to some friendly (Muslim) nation... just a thought...

In some Muslim nations they would be a hero for doing in members of in there opinion the false Muslim religion.

It is not exactly a peaceful religion inside it's own doors.

It is not always non Muslims there attacks are aimed at.

The bitterness is in full flow here. It must be hard being a Thaksin hater these days as he, his sister and his party go from strength to strength. Come Monday he'll be in control of Bangkok as well.

Instead of being abused by his spiteful, jealous enemies he must be highly commended for playing a major role in a significant step towards a more peaceful South.

Oh no! One of the few Thaksinistas on TV and even you don't believe Yingluck is the real PM.

hahaha... biggrin.png

Heap praise on him at the expense of revealing Yingluck to be the clone her brother said she was.

It's a fine balancing act that, as evidenced, is beyond the capability of most of them.

Especially this poster.

I strongly suspect he already has another name he posts under.

Kind of like shades of Calgaryll.

He planted his foot squarely in his mouth while balancing on the other one in mid air while he posted.

• Like 2

Oh BTW Dont implicate it to politics.

August 2011 the real PM Ms. Yingluck read out her government's policies and even named a few to be implemented in the first year

1.5 Expeditiously return peace and security to peoples life and property in the Southern Border Provinces along with alleviation of poverty, narcotic drugs and dark forces by adopting His Majesty the Kings guidance to understand, reach out, develop as the principle of peaceful conduct by emphasizing the promotion of cooperation in all sectors of society in the area; ensure justice and fairness; enhance the opportunity for education and quality of life; create opportunities and equality; develop the economy and society; respect identities, local customs and traditions; promote decentralization of local governance in line with constitutional local practices. Furthermore, there will be integrated administration to ensure unity at both policy and operational levels in all sectors of society, the improvement and development of relevant laws and rules in congruence with the actual nature of the problem, as well as the provision of remedies to persons affected by violence.

FAIL

(and that's even giving her an additional six months beyond her one year time frame)

Don't forget her brothers promise to make every one rich in six months.

They could become known as the worlds first joke clones with a following.

Makes no difference how flat on their face they fall there loyal following will be there to pick them up and blame it on Abhist.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gif

I hope two of the demands from the Muslim side during the negotiations are the people who were responsible for the Krue Sae mosque and the Tak Bai massacre have charges brought against them with an ensuing trial.

<deleted> why? Hasn't law evolved in the last 1500 years? If nothing else we've decided that slavery and sexual abuse of children are not acceptable.

Allegedly. There is still a lot of it about.

What a bizarre story. After Tak Bai, I would have thought there would be a contract out on Thaksin, rather than a position at some sort of south Thailand peace brokering...... This has to be some sort of feel good bullshit cooked up as part of the whitewashing of Thaksin.

If fatwa can be issued against Salman Rushdie I'm very surprised that there isn't one out on Thaksin.

I believe that these talks will just evaporate into nothing like all the previous announcements of talks. Because

1. The Thais are talking to people who have no power on the ground in Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat.

or

2. The Thais are not prepared to give any meaningful concessions.

or

3. The Thais in the talks have no power to put into place what has been agreed at the talks. Perhaps because it would be rejected by senior statesmen such as members of the Privy Council. It has happened before.

or

4. It is all an exercise in being seen to do something whilst doing nothing.

or

5. The odd Thai belief that the Malaysian government is pulling strings with the insurgents. There is no evidence to support this and it runs counter to what the Malaysians want, a stable border.

Edited by Briggsy

We'll see about Bangkok on Monday - funny you should say Thaksin's in control. Shame about Yingluck & the furby.

'Significant step towards a more peaceful South'? You're only fooling yourself (or trolling). As pointed out above, this is only one of many insurgency groups & there is considerable doubt that the signatory command anything. Odd (maybe not) that you've overlooked the possibility of a PR exercise here.

Well what did AV do about it, or anything apart from talking?

This isn't about AV, it about a convicted criminal exercising authority in a situation where he is rolling a turd uphill from the start, and that without any mandate to do do. Going off at a tangent is Lesson 101 in 'how to confuse a situation.' Teacher, educate yourself.

BTW we all know how teachers become rich in this country. You would seem to fit in well with the voluble academics in LOS whose salient feature is that many spout rubbish indicating that their heads are stuck up their fundamental orifice.;

What a bizarre story. After Tak Bai, I would have thought there would be a contractout on Thaksin, rather than a position at some sort of south Thailand peace brokering...... This has to be some sort of feel good bullshit cooked up as part of the whitewashing of Thaksin.

Tony Blair is a peace missionary now. His track record of starting many wars has won him this role. Thaksin is following the same trail. If this sort of thing can happen in farang countries, why can it not be so in Thailand??

Two wrongs do NOT make a right.

<deleted> why? Hasn't law evolved in the last 1500 years? If nothing else we've decided that slavery and sexual abuse of children are not acceptable.

Allegedly. There is still a lot of it about.

Not only is it still about but it is part of the Islam faith. Now they don't call them slaves they call them wives and you can have more than one.

hahaha... biggrin.png

What is your point? The party's slogan was 'Thaksin thinks, Peua Thai does'. Yingluck said she rings him for advice. Detractors try to make out there is a big problem and loss of face for the government here, but they are clutching at the very few remaining straws.

You & the other army apologists may think it's a big issue, but the Thai electorate simply doesn't agree with you. You are all as out of touch with Thailand & the Thai people as AV. Thai people voted to have TS as an integral part of the government.

Actually if you would take the time tio get your foot out of your mouth and check on the reality of your statements you would soon find that 52% of the voters did not want that band of crooks in.

That is hard cold facts I don't expect a reply to reality from you.

The man whom allmost started a civil war is now involwed in peace talks?blink.png

Where as those who carry responsibilty for the unfortunate deaths at Tak Bai remain prime targets for bombs and assassinations......I think you guys have the blame game a little distorted.....

I use a little more than Tvisa threads to gather information and maintain a balanced view Buchholz.... coffee1.gif

The TV threads reflect dozens and dozens of both international and local newsprint media, television news, magazine articles of every ilk, anecdotal verbal conversations of every socioeconomic strata, and accepted (by most) the factual depiction that Thaksin's assassination ploys were just thin air.

If you elect to use some off-beat, unvalidated source to gather your conspiratorial information, so be it... but that certainly doesn't balance with how the overwhelming majority of the rest of the world sees it.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

The very fact that you concentrate on Thaksin and some face book comments and rather appear to have missed the point that many military have been assassinated in the south, and many of the insurgent attacks are aimed specifically at the military, would suggest you require a more comprehensive reading list to increase your awareness and understanding.......but you are welcome to continue thinking you are well informed....

• Like 1

The very fact that you concentrate on Thaksin and some face book comments and rather appear to have missed the point that many military have been assassinated in the south, and many of the insurgent attacks are aimed specifically at the military, would suggest you require a more comprehensive reading list to increase your awareness and understanding.......but you are welcome to continue thinking you are well informed....

Perhaps if you stopped misusing the term "assassination" for the murder of RTA personnel, the discussion would be more co-ordinated. Unless of course you are referring to the murder of some prominent public figure of which only you are informed.

It certainly goes much further than your minimalist Facebook suggestion, but perhaps if you were less obtuse in your original post (perhaps not waiting until the third reply to actually spell out what you're saying), it would help.

But when you speak of those responsible for Tak Bai and in the same breath, speak of assassination... the previous summation is the logical one.

Foot soldiers involved in an insurgency aren't usually classed as "assassinated" when killed, but I do agree that military facilities have been targeted since Thaksin vastly expanded the death and mayhem in 2004.

Edited by Buchholz

The very fact that you concentrate on Thaksin and some face book comments and rather appear to have missed the point that many military have been assassinated in the south, and many of the insurgent attacks are aimed specifically at the military, would suggest you require a more comprehensive reading list to increase your awareness and understanding......................

Perhaps if you stopped misusing the term "assassination" for the murder of RTA personnel, the discussion would be more co-ordinated. Unless of course you are referring to the murder of some prominent public figure of which only you are informed.

Oh dear Mick next time you double check the meaning of a word on wiki try to get past the first sentence, in this case as far down as the paragraph "as a tool of insurgents"...in my book any premeditated attack which is designed to shoot and kill a specific military person in a situation where that person is not given the option of being captured, imprisioned, and has no route of escape,.... is assassination........you are entitled to call it as you see it 'officers only' if you think that makes some difference

It certainly goes much further than your minimalist Facebook suggestion, but perhaps if you were less obtuse in your original post (perhaps not waiting until the third reply to actually spell out what you're saying), it would help.

But when you speak of those responsible for Tak Bai and in the same breath, speak of assassination... the previous summation is the logical one.

Foot soldiers involved in an insurgency aren't usually classed as "assassinated" when killed, but I do agree that military facilities have been targeted since Thaksin vastly expanded the death and mayhem in 2004.

You call my post obtuse rather than admit you are blinded by your obsession with Thaksin.......ok I can understand your need to do that.....

Edited by 473geo

You call my post obtuse rather than admit you are blinded by your obsession with Thaksin.......ok I can understand your need to do that.....
Obsessed with calling others obsessed is a failed effort to explain your unclear message and vague references with unstated points.

It's another geo day.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The very fact that you concentrate on Thaksin and some face book comments and rather appear to have missed the point that many military have been assassinated in the south, and many of the insurgent attacks are aimed specifically at the military, would suggest you require a more comprehensive reading list to increase your awareness and understanding......................

Oh dear Mick next time you double check the meaning of a word on wiki try to get past the first sentence, in this case as far down as the paragraph "as a tool of insurgents"...in my book any premeditated attack which is designed to shoot and kill a specific military person in a situation where that person is not given the option of being captured, imprisioned, and has no route of escape,.... is assassination........you are entitled to call it as you see it 'officers only' if you think that makes some difference

Sorry, i don't use wiki as a dictionary. I prefer something recognised as a source, rather than where any idiot can change the definition.

But I'll play your silly game. Please prove to me that the insurgents are targeting specific members of the RTA with their roadside bombs rather than anybody in a uniform who gets close. Have any senior officers been targeted, sucessfully or not?

Having just read the wiki definition, the section on insurgency does NOTHING to change the original definition which includes "Assassination is the murder of a prominent person or political figure........"

Edited by OzMick

The man whom allmost started a civil war is now involwed in peace talks?blink.png

The peace "deal" is a sham. 3 days before the BKK Governer election suddenly Yingluck announces a peace deal and she also claims that Thaksin helped to broker it.

They are a bunch of crooks. This whole peace deal is a lie and it was created to get more votes. Just unbelievable how low the Shins can go.. A decent person doesn't use the terrible situation in the south to mislead and cheat people.

• Like 2

Sorry, i don't use wiki as a dictionary. I prefer something recognised as a source, rather than where any idiot can change the definition.

But I'll play your silly game. Please prove to me that the insurgents are targeting specific members of the RTA with their roadside bombs rather than anybody in a uniform who gets close. Have any senior officers been targeted, sucessfully or not?

Having just read the wiki definition, the section on insurgency does NOTHING to change the original definition which includes "Assassination is the murder of a prominent person or political figure........"

Play your own game Mick your request is proof enough you have no idea......

Play your own game Mick your request is proof enough you have no idea......

Of course. Nobody knows what you know, and it's not your job to enlighten us. Do you type one-handed?