Has Anyone Seen Weather Stripping Here?

pumpuiman

I'm in need of some weather stripping. The kind that comes in a roll and has one side foam and the other sticky tape. I'm trying to fill a void on my new window screens, which came with a near useless plastic flap to cover this void. I need about 3/8 of an inch thickness...width can be anywhere from 3/8 to an inch.

What an idiotic design, but would be a quik fix if I could find some foam tape or weather strip.

I've searched my local shops to no avail.

I was considering a trip to home pro,In Korat, but this requires a full day's expenditure for me, and a long bus ride.

I wouldn't mind...if I knew they carried it, but hate to make the trip if they don't.

Does anyone know if it is available and if so where?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Eric

I was looking for this very item today, in Phayao...way up north. Didn't find anything here, which did not surprise me. I will have to go to either Chaingrai or Chaingmai to see if it is available at all, at least up here in the north. I would think it could be had down in BKK, but don't know for sure. You can go to Google.th and try there....Alibaba might revel someone that carries it. And yes, the window design here...well let's not call it design...it is beyond BS. They only think in the short term here. Good luck with finding what you need....pp

I have seen the sticky foam stuff in HomePro (Rangsit), but not 3/8" thick, that's a pretty big gap :(

Tesco have self adhesive draught excluder strips intended for the bottom of doors, we have one to keep (reduce) the rain coming under on door which gets the full force of the storms.

I have seen the sticky foam stuff in HomePro (Rangsit), but not 3/8" thick, that's a pretty big gap sad.png

Tesco have self adhesive draught excluder strips intended for the bottom of doors, we have one to keep (reduce) the rain coming under on door which gets the full force of the storms.

I was looking at the draught excluder today, trying to figure a way to make it work...not really what I need. I was asking around for the weather stripping that seals car doors...got blank stares.

Amazon has lots of exactly what I need, but cost and shipping time makes it prohibitive.

Anyone know where I may find some rubber tubing of the appropriate size? I could possibly make that work...of course finding a proper adhesive will probably require an act of God............sigh.....

How thick was the homepro stuff? I could possibly build up a base before applying it...with some aluminum strips and rivets.

Anyone know of a store which sells replacement door or trunk lid gasket material for cars? I've again asked at my local automotive supply and had no luck.

Thanks,

Eric

Tried junk yards? There's quite a few reasonably new cars written off in accidents that might have some reusable gasket material.

Regards

R21

Anyone know of a store which sells replacement door or trunk lid gasket material for cars? I've again asked at my local automotive supply and had no luck.

Thanks,

Eric

Tried junk yards? There's quite a few reasonably new cars written off in accidents that might have some reusable gasket material.

Regards

R21

I have no local auto salvage, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the response,

Eric

Have you tried an auto body repair shop? I was able to buy a sheet of the textured vinyl "cloth" that they use on dashboards and other car interior surfaces, which I used to cover a desk. Maybe they would part with a length of trunk/door gasket material?

Have you tried an auto body repair shop? I was able to buy a sheet of the textured vinyl "cloth" that they use on dashboards and other car interior surfaces, which I used to cover a desk. Maybe they would part with a length of trunk/door gasket material?

Yes, I've tried several, no luck.

Yesterday I found some of the brush like door gasket material. It's not quite thick enough, but I think with some tinkering I'll have it sorted out now.

Thanks to all for their help and their time.

Eric