Your Funniest Moments In Thailand

infinity11

Thats your funniest moment in Thailand ?? Man, you've really gotta' get out more !!!

One that springs to mind: In my first year in Thailand, whispering in a mates ear that it was a ladyboy he was kissing...His reaction was priceless, one of shock and horror... Her stunned and incredulous response to his reaction was even funnier... (she was actually an attractive girl and not a LB)...

• Like 2

Nana Plaza, long ago, Saturday afternoon, one bottle-fatigued foreigner takes the escalator. One of the hand rails was not working, and that was the one he'd hung on to. It only took a few seconds before his feet, (on the escalator), overtook his hands, (on the non-moving hand rail), and so his feet passed his centre of gravity and he fell onto his back - proceeding to the top of the escalator feet first, on his back to the howls of mirth from the early shift girls at the top.

We saw him, later, with the tram lines of dirt on the back of his shirt which occurred as he reached the top, on his back, whilst the moving escalator continued its motion.

Reminded me of a tortoise on its back.........

Think about it.

• Like 1

Problem with this thread is surely that all of us living in Thailand see utterly so many ridiculous things every single day that nothing really sticks out anymore. I always tell myself I'm going to email myself or write something down, but I just never get around to doing it as there will be more entertainment in just minutes.

I used to manage a hotel in Phuket. I was interviewing for new chefs and I would normally let them prepare a dish so that I could judge their cooking skills.

Anyway, I wasn't really hungry so I asked this one candidate to make a hamburger. One minute late the waiter brings me a plate and I was surprised as it should have taken a bit longer to prepare the hamburger. I looked on my plate and on it was a burger bun with a slice of ham in the middle of it. I was sure that he was taking the piss so I asked the chef what the heck he had done. Believe it or not, he told me that it was a hamburger as it was a piece of ham inside a burger bun. If I had wanted a real burger I should have asked for a beef burger.

• Like 1

Problem with this thread is surely that all of us living in Thailand see utterly so many ridiculous things every single day that nothing really sticks out anymore.

You realise that when you are with people who have come to Thailand for the first time. They say wow look at that or some such but when you gaze in the direction you see nothing unusual. Turns out it was 5 people on a motorbike or a truck full of coconuts with a monkey sitting on top.

Sitting in Bangla in Phuket at the bar opposite the outdoor katoey place where they all dance on the tables and the ladyboy hawkers try to get punters in. Small, skinny guy walking with his huge red-cheeked rolly-polly bride from Finland or somewhere walking by, the husband starts to gawk at the ladyboys, and his wife screams and hauls off and sucker-punches him cold. Entire street was in tears as she frantically tried to revive him on the ground.

I doubt if either of them knew he wasn't staring at women.

• Like 2

Not in Thailand but Laos..... Drinking in a bar opposite a short time guest house, up walks a middle aged Farang with his new found sexy girlfriend hand in hand.

My mate turns to me and says "I wonder if he knows she is a he?"

20 minutes pass and they walk out together, this time the sexy new 'girlfriend' has a face like thunder and the Farang just looked totally bewildered.

I will never forget the look on his face when he saw that me and my mate had witnessed the whole event. w00t.gif

I like the impromptu Thai language, culture, history and politics lessons me and my cousin reguarly get from drunk "teachers' who've been here 6 months...

The looks on their faces when it dawns on them that the 2 long haired 'backpackers' they think they've been tying to impress actually know more than they do is far more impressive than any 'ladyboy mishap face' as that can happen to anyone...apart from me of course...

Lived in Hua Hin when I first came to TL and was walking along the main Rd a bit out of town when a farang on a Harley passed, just chugging along then about 150 M behind came a cop on a 100cc motrcy bent over the handles in hot pursuit with the poor thing screaming in mortal agony. Don't know what was in the cops tiny little mind but he didn't have a show, doubt the fella on the Harley even knew he was there.

Also remember a sign outside a small hotel in Pattaya:

SET ALIGHT TV.