Pattaya Drink Prices - Too High!

BoonToong

Just moving to the dark side has same effect as moving to Isaan nowhere,

too far away to gogo so you're stuck in the house, and spend a grand total of 100 baht a day, eating kao pat, gai yang & similar

Edited by poanoi

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya Bar Prices are no higher or different than anywhere else in Thailand.

If you don't know what prices are; ask for a Drink Menu if available, or ask how much for a certain drink. Many Bars have Happy Hour and other special prices for certain drinks. Premium Drinks and Lady Drinks are often more expensive to make up for the low priced "Specials".

But always Ask.

You can get charged a seperate price at some places for a whisky and a coke as an example or just a set drink price. See the drink menu or Ask.

Bars that are basically empty with pretty girls sitting alone is often a dead giveaway that, the bar there is higer price.

Choose a Bar full of patrons. You will find prices there are often more reasonable, but as always: ask how much.

Many of the cheaper priced bars will even have live bands etc.

I often will pay a higher price at a Go Go where they will have a Great Show. Also at Go Go's, look for the special priced drinks like a Draft for a reasonable price.

Just check around and you will be happy.

Value for Money is whatever makes a particular customer Happy. If one is not Happy, don't go back to that establishment.

You know nothing of prices outside of patts,BKK,etc. Up country a large leo is ususlly 70-80baht. For whiskey bring your own and pay 40 baht for mixers.

Seems you know nothing of Pattaya prices.

There are a number of bars right in town where you can get large Leo 55B free ice.

Up country or even in my soi on the Darkside many bars restaurants have pricing as above.

Living in the sticks may work out cheaper cos there is f all to do, but falang food and drink is cheaper here smile.png

There are a number of bars right in town where you can get large Leo 55B free ice.

Walked passed them many a time on my from/to the Butchars Arms in soi BK.

Apart from the price, small Leos 35 baht and as you say large 55, there is nothing inviting about them, small dingy open fronted shophouses.

Personally I would rather pay extra and drink in some place like Jamesons.

Pattaya Bar Prices are no higher or different than anywhere else in Thailand.

If you don't know what prices are; ask for a Drink Menu if available, or ask how much for a certain drink. Many Bars have Happy Hour and other special prices for certain drinks. Premium Drinks and Lady Drinks are often more expensive to make up for the low priced "Specials".

But always Ask.

You can get charged a seperate price at some places for a whisky and a coke as an example or just a set drink price. See the drink menu or Ask.

Bars that are basically empty with pretty girls sitting alone is often a dead giveaway that, the bar there is higer price.

Choose a Bar full of patrons. You will find prices there are often more reasonable, but as always: ask how much.

Many of the cheaper priced bars will even have live bands etc.

I often will pay a higher price at a Go Go where they will have a Great Show. Also at Go Go's, look for the special priced drinks like a Draft for a reasonable price.

Just check around and you will be happy.

Value for Money is whatever makes a particular customer Happy. If one is not Happy, don't go back to that establishment.

You know nothing of prices outside of patts,BKK,etc. Up country a large leo is ususlly 70-80baht. For whiskey bring your own and pay 40 baht for mixers.

Seems you know nothing of Pattaya prices.

Up country or even in my soi on the Darkside many bars restaurants have pricing as above.

Living in the sticks may work out cheaper cos there is f all to do, but falang food and drink is cheaper here smile.png

Walked passed them many a time on my from/to the Butchars Arms in soi BK.

Apart from the price, small Leos 35 baht and as you say large 55, there is nothing inviting about them, small dingy open fronted shophouses.

Personally I would rather pay extra and drink in some place like Jamesons.

No problem.

I generally do not drink in them either, although I certainly would not be drinking in Jamesons either.

The point is that Pattaya offers the choice at every level and can be as cheap, or indeed cheaper than any other place in Thailand.

Edited by kevkev1888