Laguna Beach - The Maldives

jbrain

Now there's another one called the Caribbean? Surely the whole point of building in Thailand is that you're selling the Thai character of the place.

They seem to have gone on to using any name that possibly conjures up sea/sand etc. with nothing even remotely Thai about it (the Gulf of Siam is not well known for its Spanish Galleons though these figure quite extensively in many new condo swimming pools).

"Seven Seas" is perhaps the most extreme name at the moment, with its "themes" from seven different parts of the world.

These ideas are copied from the "World" development in Dubai, I suppose.

My tip for the condo never to be built is the Grande Caribbean on Thappraya Road. They have been advertising it heavily for over a year but they haven't even dug a hole in the ground yet. Even when (if) they start it will be at least 2017 before it's finished.

Surely it will be build.. The investors are rich Thai-Indian people from Bangkok, who paid huge money to Khun Suchada, the developer of the Chateau Dale condos/village.., for the 12 rai..

But indeed, my guess will be : completion around 2017....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My tip for the condo never to be built is the Grande Caribbean on Thappraya Road. They have been advertising it heavily for over a year but they haven't even dug a hole in the ground yet. Even when (if) they start it will be at least 2017 before it's finished.

Surely it will be build.. The investors are rich Thai-Indian people from Bangkok, who paid huge money to Khun Suchada, the developer of the Chateau Dale condos/village.., for the 12 rai..

The Grande Caribbean project seems to have started around a month ago.

Diggers and cranes on the site, six months later than previously mentioned

to me by the sales reps.

So it looks like it will be built.

• Like 1

Whatever happened to the 90 storey "worlds tallest" condo that was supposed to be build in the Bali Jai pier area a few years back? Heavily promoted and advertized by the usual Pattaya real estate rags and property pimp suspects and I think deposits and maybe even prepaid sales were taken and if course nothing ever materialized.

Is the developer still tooling around town in his Ferrari? Pattaya condos are for suckers!

Whatever happened to the 90 storey "worlds tallest" condo that was supposed to be build in the Bali Jai pier area a few years back? Heavily promoted and advertized by the usual Pattaya real estate rags and property pimp suspects and I think deposits and maybe even prepaid sales were taken and if course nothing ever materialized.

Is the developer still tooling around town in his Ferrari? Pattaya condos are for suckers!

The only 90 storey i heard about was Ocean 1 that was supposed to be built

in Jomtien around 2005/6. Never materialised.

There is a 51 storey condo being built in Bali Hai pier though called the

Park Plaza Waterfront.

Here's there website:

http://www.colliers.co.th/pattaya/result-detail.asp?id=S01481

http://www.waterfrontpattaya.com/construction-update/construction.php

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1

Park Plaza Waterfront.

Here's there website:

Yeah that was it...Ocean One. Did they ever stick a shovel in the ground?

Why anyone with money would want to live in a posh condo in pattaya, a sex tourist and Chinese/Indian low-cost group tourist destination, located along a shallow polluted bay between a very large and toxic petrochemical and oil refining region (rayong) and a large container port terminal (Lem chabang) just boggles the mind.

• Like 2

If the location is on beachroad, then why it isn't beach front ?

Look at the map on the link I posted.

Think I answered most of your other questions also. Plenty of sub-1MB condos around if you go small enough. Nothing very new here.

Site is blocked by Malwarebytes.

But the point isn't about sub 1 million condo's, but the what you get for it.

I could get to the site of Laguna Heights, which seems to be of the same company, and that site stated that the propject was finished June 2010 and they had just 1 appartment left now.

Is this correct information ?

Laguna Heights is on Soi Naklua 16, on Wong Amat Beach, right next door to the Park Beach. Seven story complex with beach front.

Park Plaza Waterfront.

Here's there website:

Why anyone with money would want to live in a posh condo in pattaya, a sex tourist and Chinese/Indian low-cost group tourist destination, located along a shallow polluted bay between a very large and toxic petrochemical and oil refining region (rayong) and a large container port terminal (Lem chabang) just boggles the mind.

Curious: if the Pattaya area is truly the disaster zone that you describe, then why do you choose to live here?

• Like 1

Park Plaza Waterfront.

Here's there website:

Curious: if the Pattaya area is truly the disaster zone that you describe, then why do you choose to live here?

Note my use of the term "posh." If I had the money to purchase a B 20M(+) condo or house, I would not chose to live in Pattaya or even Thailand for that matter. There are plenty of scenic, clean, and economically developed regions where I would settle if I had such funds.

If one is looking for what can be a relatively cheap living destination, without much in the way of scenic or cultural offerings and one can tolerate the pollution and poor state of the infrastructure, then a case can be made for Pattaya. It is not my intent to Nash Pattaya, for as you say, I choose to live here, just that when I see ads for luxe condos, with their beautiful simulated photos I have to ask myself: <deleted> :)

PS: For me personally, there is also the presence of many beautiful and available ladyboys which enters into the equation.

• Like 1

Anywhere in Thailand is a sex destination, even Nakon Nowhere will have its abundance of karaokes, its the way it is here. Pattaya is close to Suvarnbumi which adds to the appeal. A walk down the Beach Road 10 years ago would have been sexpats with zimmer frames and their 18 year old bg......now the majority of people are couples and families. Yes there is WS, thats an icon the same as Soho in London. Pattaya offers good shopping with an array of international restaurants, it really is more than Soi 6. If its thought that 20 mil Baht would be better spent on a condo in the Carribean or Gold coast thats fine if it suits you but for someone that wants Pattaya for reasons specific to them those places are useless.

Park Plaza Waterfront.

Here's there website:

Pattaya is, and has always been a low cost destination, that's why low cost condos appeal to most

expats that come here.

From my experience, the low cost condos are bought and sold frequently amongst the expats, whereas

the high end value condos would probably be very hard to sell once bought.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

It is now clear that you were wrong <3

• Like 1

Buildings will be finished in less than a year.

Park Plaza Waterfront.

Here's there website:

I wonder if people who have bought a condo there will later complain about the noisy boats and jetski in front ?

hundreds of boats being dragged to the sea every morning and from the sea every evening, it's not like if it was hidden, right ?

I will look for it as people stupidity always amazes me <3

• Haha 1

With awesome quality no doubt.

I wonder if people who have bought a condo there will later complain about the noisy boats and jetski in front ?

hundreds of boats being dragged to the sea every morning and from the sea every evening, it's not like if it was hidden, right ?

I will look for it as people stupidity always amazes me <3

My understanding is that Waterfront sponsorised a lot the new marina, and all boats should have move from their actual park area to the marina before Waterfront is finished. Their was a project of a big garden in front of Waterfall.

The unsuspecting and stupid buyers of the Maldives will be in for a shock when they discover the all night karaoke bar down the road that we have been trying to shut down for over a year.

THUMP THUMP THUMP all night long with some drunks SCREAMING into the microphone till 6AM every night.

Torture.

• Haha 1

There is no way it will be finsihed in a year. They are still building the concrete frame, then there is a 1,000 condos to fit out and all the pools/grounds to establish. It will still be 2017 before it's up and running as a viable condo.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Any idea what happened to the Maldives Condo project? As of late October the incomplete buildings were erected but most crews left with only a few remaining. It being late November 2015 and giving a 2016 completion date you would think they may want to finish the roughed in buildings and start doing the huge pool they advertised?

Edited by gerry1953

• 3 weeks later...

A post has been removed, please re read the following rule that you agreed to when you signed up to the Forum:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Your overly optimistic prediction was incorrect and is nowhere near completed as of Dec 11, 2015 - 9 months after you said it would be finished in less than a year?

Yes, it;s true, I am sure that they need at least 1 more year and maybe Supalai Mare will be finished first even though they started it 1 or 2 years later ?

Your overly optimistic prediction was incorrect and is nowhere near completed as of Dec 11, 2015 - 9 months after you said it would be finished in less than a year?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...