What Happened To The Fast-Track For Re-Entry Permit In Chonburi?

About half a year ago I went to Chonburi Immigration office in Jomtien for a re-entry. They had a so called fast track so you would have your re-entry within 40 minutes.

This afternoon I went in and was told that there were more than 100 waiting before me. It seemed that now it is being handled by the same counter as extensions of tourist visa etc.

I spoke to a friend who urgently had to go to Laos and he was sent away 2 times and only the 3rd time he succeeded after an almost 4 hour wait.

I can accept a wait for the renewal of my retirement visa , even the 90 day report does not bother me but this is an absolute disgrace!

I think you're probably right, as there must be some reason why there is always such a queue for re-entry permits and extensions, while anything else takes only a few minutes. Its difficult to believe there are that many wanting re-entry permits.

One option would be to go to the immigration office in Sattahip/Maptaphut, which was almost deserted when I last went there (if its still open -I'll check next time I'm passing).

Edited by LeCharivari

If you are on extension of stay you must use the immigration office where you live to get a re-entry permit.

If you are flying out there are also re-entry permit offices at both airports in Bangkok which you can use on departure.

• Like 1

If you are on extension of stay you must use the immigration office where you live to get a re-entry permit.

If you are flying out there are also re-entry permit offices at both airports in Bangkok which you can use on departure.

Any experience how long the procedure takes at the airport?

I did it recently and it took 10 mins. There were two people working it, and I noticed its sometimes just one. There is not space for more than 2 so you can do the maths. However, Ive only ever seen one other person waiting. This at swampy. I noticed at Don Muang its a little office with a single desk.

Edited by OxfordWill
  • Like 1