Which Agent Has Succeeded In Marrying A Myanmar Citizen?

Ray7

I understand from one forum topic on this site that some members
have succeeded in marrying a citizen of Myanmar, some through an agent.

An area of concern is getting the affidavit or “freedom to

marry” affirmation for my fiancée at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok. Which
agent or company do you know has succeeded in doing this before?

Besides their name, I am also interested to know the address and
contact details (e.g., phone nos., email, etc.) of the agent who successfully
helped you obtain the affidavit and/or marry.

I would appreciate your kind comments or assistance in any way,
even if you’re not a member as yet.

Ray7 - I'm asking around for you to try and get some information - in the meantime be patient, it may take a day or two before this gets a wider audience.

Any members who can assist with advice on the OP's questions please assist.

The problem is the Bangkok based Myanmar embassy at present will not issue the affidavit needed. The way around it has been to get a registrar who will for a price will only demand the two papers from Burma. However is fine if your a nationality that does not require a copy of the Kor Ror 2 as proof of marriage. But no way for those needing UAE visa or their country requires a Thai foreign ministry certified as part of their paperwork requirements.

It does not make the marriage illegal, as technically is at the discretion of the registrar but with such risks of future promotions being delayed, few I know will do it. They all ask a very "sizable gift" but I am sure will be little concern if true happiness is made possible.

But it can be done. Be aware of the limitations but if returning to most home countries is not a problem.

Good luck, I tried to marry a Myanmar citizen for over 3 years in Chiang Mai with no luck. I tried every agent I could find, followed every lead I heard about, made multiple trips to Bangkok and a few trips to Myanmar all with no luck. I even sent her back to her village and she got all the gov. papers signed and stamped, brought them to Yangon got more gov. papers signed and stamped. Brought them all to the local Chiang Mai gov. amper and was told I needed one final Myanmar stamp from the Myanmar embassy in Bangkok. One more trip to Bangkok and all is well ?? The Myanmar embassy in Bangkok told me "we don't give that stamp any longer" and they closed the window and walked away, period, End of story

I finally had to apply for a fiance visa to the USA and after one year more ( and $$$ ) I got her to the US and married her there ( 2 years ago ). I have never been happier and wouldn't trade her for ANY Thai woman.

Be careful some agents clame they can get you the "flowery marrage certificate" but it's expensive and NOT legal.

You can try the web site "<<invalid URL removed>> they have help with any country's visa in the world ( marrage or otherwise ).

Best of luck to ya

A Montana redneck

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
removed URL from post

• 2 weeks later...