Arma 3

Somtamnication

What pc you have?

I really hope for dedicated servers in South east asia.If you try some multiplayer let us know.

And also,its only a alpha version,game is gonna be much more optimized be the time it hit the stores(or steam:-))

Home built. I have a duo core e4500 intel chip. The quadcore chip is as expensive as the newer i3 quad cores. So I may upgrade the mb for the newer z77 with thunderbolt and get a cheaper i3 or i5 cpu for the time being. Nvidia 8800 gt card. 4 gigs of ram.

Machine is sputtering along with the newer games, but I do need to upgrade soon. Cannot enjoy it with resolution at standard on arma 3, after seeing the reviews at full resolution.

Home built. I have a duo core e4500 intel chip. The quadcore chip is as expensive as the newer i3 quad cores. So I may upgrade the mb for the newer z77 with thunderbolt and get a cheaper i3 or i5 cpu for the time being. Nvidia 8800 gt card. 4 gigs of ram.

Machine is sputtering along with the newer games, but I do need to upgrade soon. Cannot enjoy it with resolution at standard on arma 3, after seeing the reviews at full resolution.

Well your pc has proven a point that even an old pc hardware like you have,like a console ,can play newer games.

ARMA series tend to be more CPU hungry so it would be nice to get an quad core,get Z77 motherboard only if you want to overclock,if not, H series would be enough.And yes your GPU has seen its days long enough,time to get some GPU with dx11.

There isnt much games that are coming soon,not sure when exactly Arma 3 will be released,but maybe its a good idea to wait 2-3 months more and get a new

Haswell CPU.They will come along with a new series of motherboard. So would be good idea to wait and get new cpu and new series of fatherboard that won't be abandoned really soon.

Just bought it myself, its <deleted> great and a steal at $32. I think best way to summarise it would be as CHKilroy (famous Arma player with shacktactical) said on FB 'It's like Arma 2 but with good controls'. The graphics are also fantastic, sorry dont ask me about how it runs on low specs as I have a pretty high end PC and it runs on the highest settings automatically without any problems cool.png

Only gripe is that unless you want to build missions (Ive never had the patience) there isnt much to do for lone players, the 4 showcase missions are good esp. the scuba one but all can be done in a couple of hours. Im going to try some of the user created ones here later today though:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma3_files

Multiplayer is hard to review because as usual there are next to no SE Asia servers. There is a Thai one thats popped up a few times in the last few days and I managed to get into a TDM players vs bots game and with the control improvements it was MUCH better to play. Ive found a few 'wasteland' ones that were ok, ping pretty high though. I did try doing some co-op missions with computer controlled squad members, tbh I didnt see much improvement with the AI from Aram 2 but it was late when I played it and didnt give it a proper shot.

Finally there is a SE Asian games community here:

http://www.omgeek.net/about-us/

They had Arma 2 sessions twice a week, I only played with them once and it didnt really work out well as I had some mods missing and after that I got absorbed in other games but they seemed like good guys and keen for more people to join. Im sure they will be doing Arama 3 sessions soon if not already.

I agree. Wonder what a server costs to rent? Being kicked out of servers that allow only 100 pings is a bit ridiculous.

For dayz, some of the DE servers (German) allow higher pings, but for the past week I have not played dayz.

Not tried mp for Arma 3.

You dont need to pay for a server to do your own temp mp/co-op games. You just run one from the mp area and make sure its set on internet and not LAN and then anyone can join.

I did some co-op games last Sunday and had quite a lot of people joining within 5 mins of starting it. Unfortunately a lot of them were complete noobs who Im guessing got into Arma on the back of Dayz and it was a bit of a cluster <deleted> whistling.gif

Some of the co-op missions can be pretty tough and if you are doing it with a team you really need everyone on voice and knowing their role plus a good leader.

Im gonna open a game now actually and will be on it this weekend.

Lots of custom co-op missions being uploaded to Aramholic.com now btw

Also, arma lite has been released. If anyone wants some free keys, let me know here.

For those who did not know, when you purchase the alpha version, you get to invite 3 players to download the game in LITE version, that is, no multiplayer, but sp is enabled.

Davej, when I can upgrade my rig (either an nvidia 660 or higher) I will get into mp. As it is now, graphics on my old 8800gt is not good enough, nor is my duo core cpu.