What Men Want

khall64au

Well... to tell the truth, I've been romanced this week by two perfect gentlemen (2 western males romancing a western woman in LOS...YES ladies & gents it's true).

Romance is alive and well in the world! I do believe that we can enhance each others lives once we discard our "western" expectations. I'm enjoying myself, so it must be true!!!!!!!!

:o

Did they split the bill :D ? I hope you had a wonderful time!

LaoPo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paris Hilton-types

Paris Hilton is under the illusion that men want her but in my experience the 'modern' man wants somebody with a little more substance.

Paris Hilton and her father have been described as 'as thick as they come'.

I dont know about every man, but i know what i want........ My wife has pretty much everything i want. But please dont tell her this. :o

Ok a list of what i want in no particluar order.

Funny

Caring

Loving

Generous

Pretty

Smart

Just my opinion of what makes me happy, i couldnt really put them in any order, but pretty probably wouldnt be top of my list, i guess i am just lucky my wife is pretty :D

My wife is all of these too. A fabulous woman. However a larger pair of breasts wouldn't go amiss.

Paris Hilton-types

Paris Hilton is under the illusion that men want her but in my experience the 'modern' man wants somebody with a little more substance.

Paris Hilton and her father have been described as 'as thick as they come'.

You're right Uma! Basically it's not about money or beauty.

I always said that there are 2 basic different kind of women (hope no one feels offended though...)

1. The Lady you proudly want to introduce to your Mother...

2. The one you do not wish to introduce to your Mother... :o

LaoPo

Same with men, but then my mother never liked any of my boyfriends. I think they were pretty much scared of her too... She can be quite overpowering.

Like mother/like daughter?

That happens with more mothers (and Fathers!) of daughters....NO man is good enough for their daughter, no matter what. Yes, when you're a young girl it can be a difficult and painful experience I suppose.

I have no idea if this goes on....like Mother/like daughter; could be completely the opposite...or not?

LaoPo

Same with men, but then my mother never liked any of my boyfriends. I think they were pretty much scared of her too... She can be quite overpowering.

Like mother/like daughter?

That happens with more mothers (and Fathers!) of daughters....NO man is good enough for their daughter, no matter what. Yes, when you're a young girl it can be a difficult and painful experience I suppose.

I have no idea if this goes on....like Mother/like daughter; could be completely the opposite...or not?

LaoPo

I thought usually it's the mothers who easily fall for their daughter's boyfriend/husband, and the fathers are the most difficult to please! :o

my perfect woman in no particular order

Doesnt have to be pretty....but have pride in herself

strong enough to fight me and put her point across

strong enough to support me. Even when I am wrong

can be a lady or a whore as the situation dictates

strong enough to carry on when I am not there

knows when to let me think I am the boss

accepts me and my faults as I do hers

who understands me, accepts me and still loves me after that.

:o:D

:D:D

Beautiful.... :o:D:D

LaoPo

I admit to borrowing this idea from another blog but an interesting topic nonetheless....

What men want

In an age where scantily-clad Paris Hilton-types are ubiquitous, internet dating has become de rigueur and according to many blokes "there are too many princesses in this town" - more and more women are asking, "what in the world do modern men really want?"

The original version can be found here: http://blogs.smh.com.au/samandthecity/arch...t_men_want.html

But well, what do TV men want and what do TV ladies think they want?

Depends on want we want from them. There is a kind of woman we wanna marry and a kind of woman we wamt to....well, it can be more complex than that, but that's it in a nutshell.

Well... to tell the truth, I've been romanced this week by two perfect gentlemen (2 western males romancing a western woman in LOS...YES ladies & gents it's true).

Romance is alive and well in the world! I do believe that we can enhance each others lives once we discard our "western" expectations. I'm enjoying myself, so it must be true!!!!!!!!

:D

Did they split the bill :D ? I hope you had a wonderful time!

LaoPo

Thankyou LaoPo have had a wonderful, innocent time....and tonight, I even paid the bill! :o

Wow Gburns..... you are a gentleman after all! :D Nice to see your comments and help to restore my faith in Aussie mankind! :D

Edited by khall64au

here's another comment from the original website ( I gotta agree with this girl!) :o

To all the Aussie girls out there!

Enough of the men on this forum accusing us of being vacuous, materialistic, image-obsessed bimbos!

I'm going to tell you all right now why these men think we are like this by letting you know about my experiences.

I am 25 years old, a lawyer from Sydney and a part time model. In other words I am not stupid and I do not look grotesque. I enjoy intelligent conversations and because I make my own money I don't need to look for money from guys and I always buy a guy a drink if he buys one for me. In fact I usually end up being the 'money maker' in a relationship.

When I go out at night I find that guys will talk to me. This will last all of ten minutes when they find out that I am a lawyer, have intelligent conversation and then they will say 'you know, you are much more intelligent than you look' and then they will leave.

I decided one night to conduct an experiment. I decided to act like a bimbo. I did not change the way I dressed, just the way I acted. I have never had so much attention in my life. I let guys buy me drinks all night so I didn't spend a cent. I giggled a lot. When they asked what I did, I pretended I didn't understand and said I liked to dance. I couldn't believe the result. The guys were all over me. These were well-dressed, respectible looking men who could not get enough of this bimbo act. It was really sad. To think that we women have to act like this to get their attention.

In other words, guys, have a look at yourselves and stop blaming girls for acting in the only way that gets your attention. Maybe if you started actively looking for girls with all these attributes that you insist you want instead of the bimbo with the short skirt, the giggle and too much make-up, then you would all find what you want and stop whinging!

What do you have to say about this guys? :D

here's another comment from the original website ( I gotta agree with this girl!) :o

Enough of the men on this forum accusing us of being vacuous, materialistic, image-obsessed bimbos!

I'm going to tell you all right now why these men think we are like this by letting you know about my experiences.

I am 25 years old, a lawyer from Sydney and a part time model. In other words I am not stupid and I do not look grotesque. I enjoy intelligent conversations and because I make my own money I don't need to look for money from guys and I always buy a guy a drink if he buys one for me. In fact I usually end up being the 'money maker' in a relationship.

When I go out at night I find that guys will talk to me. This will last all of ten minutes when they find out that I am a lawyer, have intelligent conversation and then they will say 'you know, you are much more intelligent than you look' and then they will leave.

I decided one night to conduct an experiment. I decided to act like a bimbo. I did not change the way I dressed, just the way I acted. I have never had so much attention in my life. I let guys buy me drinks all night so I didn't spend a cent. I giggled a lot. When they asked what I did, I pretended I didn't understand and said I liked to dance. I couldn't believe the result. The guys were all over me. These were well-dressed, respectible looking men who could not get enough of this bimbo act. It was really sad. To think that we women have to act like this to get their attention.

In other words, guys, have a look at yourselves and stop blaming girls for acting in the only way that gets your attention. Maybe if you started actively looking for girls with all these attributes that you insist you want instead of the bimbo with the short skirt, the giggle and too much make-up, then you would all find what you want and stop whinging!

Well, I think the lawyer girl is right.

1. when these guys find out she's a well mannered intelligent girl, just enjoying herself, and not up to an easy 1-night-stand, they go off.....hunting for a more 'easy' target.

They just found out she has either a higher education or better job or maybe both. Men are afraid of such women when they're having a night out in town 'with the boys'.

A sligthly more sensitive and intelligent guy would see right through her and will try to have a nice conversation...hoping for a romantic dinner with her.

2. If she's acting/behaving like a bimbo....ALL the guys think she's hot and will fight for an easy 'lay'...because they think she's easy to get.....men are so simple and stupid*....sometimes... :D but not always :D

*off topic but true:

Some years ago I overheard a former friend of mine talking to a very attractive girl in a bar that he 'had' 500 (!) women in his life.... I couldn't believe my ears that he was so stupid to tell this to a Lady he just met. He was even proud telling her so and laughing...what did he think.....? this Lady wanted to become No. 501 :D ?

Untill this moment he has bever been married :D

Sometimes I really don't understand my own sexe...

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

She was just putting out the signs that she wanted a good rogering, and the blokes were all over her... she won't find a boyfriend from this, all those guys were after was no strings fun, which they could throw away in the morning.

totster :D

Ok, im an aussie lad and i will tell you how it works.

When a girl is a bimbo we just think its easy to get them into bed because it doesnt take much to trick them with stupid lines and get laid.

When guys are the the pub we are usually looking for the one night stand and usually an intelligent girl will not put out and know we are full of shit with our lines.

For relationship wise you would be great, but most people when at the pub are too shit faced to be thinking about the future and just want a easy lay.

Ofcourse im not like that and like a chick with abit of brains and someone who does walk into walls. But in my teens i have to say it was the thing to go for if you not wanting a relationship.

Especially with all your mates you want to be a player.

Well thats our theory

That's ripped straight off an old episode of Sex and the City - where Miranda goes speed dating and doesn't get a second glance when she tells men her real profession (lawyer), but immediately hooks up with a guy when she changes tactic and says she's an air hostess.

Turns out, of course that the guy had also been lying - saying he was a doctor - to get her into bed. :D

It's all a big game. The 'art' of seduction has very little to do with the truth - which is why it is such fun.

By the by, the quoted story makes no sense whatsoever. First she complains that men see her and other women as "being vacuous, materialistic, image-obsessed bimbos!", then proceeds to act like one to prove... errr... that men actually like airheads. So what's the point, Ms. Lawyer? That men should not complain that women are bimbos because they secretly like IQ deficient women when they're drunk in a bar? That women only act like bimbos to get men but are all really intelligent? Stick to the modelling, girl, you're discrediting your gender.

I have to agree Gburns - you've outdone yourself with this list :D

... I decided one night to conduct an experiment. I decided to act like a bimbo. I did not change the way I dressed, just the way I acted. I have never had so much attention in my life. I let guys buy me drinks all night so I didn't spend a cent. I giggled a lot. When they asked what I did, I pretended I didn't understand and said I liked to dance. I couldn't believe the result. The guys were all over me. These were well-dressed, respectible looking men who could not get enough of this bimbo act. It was really sad. To think that we women have to act like this to get their attention. ...

What do you have to say about this guys? [/i] :o

Actually, it was a Sex in the City episode, but it was also a research topic for a journalist in New York. A friend and myself were 2 of 25 female *research bait* that basically came up with similar results. Although, I have to admit, that choice of venue had some influence.

However, the research article and Sex in the City have been substantiated by professional, scientific research at 11 participating international universities which have recently declared the same findings --- many men do not want women who are too intelligent.

*But it's ok, because most intelligent women are not seriously interested in these types. We need someone who is at least as intelligent as us, which clearly, are not these guys.

By the by, the quoted story makes no sense whatsoever. First she complains that men see her and other women as "being vacuous, materialistic, image-obsessed bimbos!", then proceeds to act like one to prove... errr... that men actually like airheads. So what's the point, Ms. Lawyer? That men should not complain that women are bimbos because they secretly like IQ deficient women when they're drunk in a bar? That women only act like bimbos to get men but are all really intelligent? Stick to the modelling, girl, you're discrediting your gender.

uhm, I think you missed her argument. Basically, it is contradictory because her whole point is about the contradictions between what certain types of men say they want, and what they actually chase.

Edited by kat

Study finds intelligent women have more trouble marrying

Also concludes men have opposite problem

By DAVID COHEN

Alligator Writer

Highly successful women may have more trouble finding Mr. Right, according to a recent study.

“Powerful women are at a distinct disadvantage in the marriage market,” said researcher Stephanie Brown of the University of Michigan. “Men may prefer to marry less-accomplished women.”

Brown said this is because men believe women in important jobs are more likely to cheat.

“Female infidelity is a severe reproductive threat to males only when (emotional) investment is high,” Brown said. “A preference for subordinate partners may provide adaptive benefits to males in the context of only long-term, investing relationships -- not one-night stands.”

The study was conducted on 328 undergraduate students.

Constance L. Shehan, UF professor of sociology, echoed Brown’s findings.

“Very well-educated women are less apt to get married,” Shehan said. “Almost half of the labor market is now women, and educational attainment is higher in women as more of them enter college.”

Shehan noted that typically, the balance of power in a relationship “leans toward the male,” but added that “men who marry high-achieving women receive high economic benefits.”

The economic incentive for women to get married “may be completely gone,” Shehan added.

Men may think women in high-paying jobs are more apt to cheat on them because “it’s a matter of opportunity.”

“Women in high-paying jobs are most likely surrounded by high-status men,” Shehan said.

In recent films such as “Spanglish” and “Love Actually,” men pursue their secretaries and housekeepers, even though some of the women do not speak English. Shehan is skeptical about the movies’ realistic applications.

“In real life, people tend to be much more matched and homogeneous,”said Shehan.

A British study found correlating results.

According to a study conducted by four British universities, for every 16-point rise in a man’s IQ, he is 35 percent more likely to marry, while for women the opposite is true - every 16-point increase in IQ results in a 40-percent decrease in likelihood of getting married.

There is a possibility that relationship rivalry can result in violence and suppression, according to Michael Murphy, UF clinical associate professor and staff psychologist.

“There is an interesting balance in relationships regarding power,” Murphy said. “Some men feel threatened by women in high-paying jobs or advanced academic programs, especially men with more traditional backgrounds.”

However, Murphy was quick to defend UF. “Everyone in this environment tends to be fairly well-educated and more accepting of highly successful women,” he said.

But Murphy did not dismiss the possibility that relationship rivalry can cause men to try to control or devalue women.

“In the population at the university, there is no question that can happen,” Murphy said.

Shehan did not pass judgment on UF either, saying she believes the men and women of the UF community exhibit more egalitarianism and equality toward each other.

In keeping with that sentiment, Shehan encouraged high-achieving women to “look for someone with the same amount of education” because “there would be a better chance of a successful relationship.”

http://www.alligator.org/pt2/050121marriage.php

*UF is the University of Florida

________________________________________________________________________________

As for other perspectives .... (tried to separate into 2 different posts, but reply function wouldn't allow it)

From "Men Prefer Sexy, Smart UnStepfords, Yes, Really," by Rivers and

Barnett. 08/04/04 http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/1937

Exerpts:

"Research shows that today, the more education a woman has, the more

likely she is to be married and the less likely she is to be attracted

to a man on the basis of his earning power. In fact, mate selection is

now more of a two-way street and men, in turn, are freer from the

financial pressures that used to be the primary qualifier for any

bachelor seeking a wife."

"Mary Balfour, director of Drawing Down the Moon, an executive dating

agency based in London, says that college-educated and professional

men in their 20s and 30s now want women who match their intellect and

earning abilities. "It is only those in their 50s and 60s who tend to

take a deep breath when introduced to powerful women," she says."

"Today, more than 42 percent of married women in the United States

earn more than their husbands. According to Stepford theory, these

couples should be sexually frustrated (especially the men) and highly

divorce-prone. Not so."

"Unlike the threatened Stepford men, modern husbands are not turned

off by women who can succeed at work. Women's earning power does not

appear to get in the way of pleasure. Psychologist Janet Hyde

conducted a year-long (1996) longitudinal study of 500 couples. She

found that couples who said they had the most rewarding intimate lives

were those in which both partners worked and experienced high rewards

from their jobs."

"A 1999 nationally representative sample--meaning it mirrors the

population as a whole--of 4,405 couples found that divorce was more

likely when a woman has no earnings than when she brings home a

paycheck. In particular, the marriage of a woman with no earnings was

more than twice as likely to dissolve as that of a woman who had a

paycheck."

==

From "New Research Shows Never-Married Single Men Want to Settle

Down." Press Release. July 12, 2005.

http://www.iac.com/index/news/press_releas...ail.htm?id=7167

According to a recent survey if male members by Match.com:

"87% think it's sexy to date a woman who earns more than they do."

"We know that the ‘Ben Jones’ bachelors are looking to settle down,

but what they don’t want to do is settle," said Kristin Kelly, dating

expert for Match.com. "Our research found that these amazing single

guys contribute to charity, they aren’t threatened by a woman who

earns more than they do, and they value friendship and kindness as the

ultimate attributes in a potential romantic partner."

==

From "The New Trophy Wife," By Deborah Siegel. Psychology Today

Magazine. Publication Date: Jan/Feb 2004.

http://cms.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-3210.html

Excerpts:

"New trends in the mating game - marrying someone like yourself - plus

an unstable economy breathe new life into the term "peer marriage." In

previous generations, successful doctors, lawyers and bankers sought

wives who looked good, were well-bred and made a mean Stroganoff to

boot. Now, more and more alpha males are looking for something else

from the A-list: accomplishment."

"According to a Match.com poll, 48 percent of men (and an equal

percentage of women) reported dating partners who drew the same income

as they did. Twenty percent of men reported dating women who earned

more."

"Men’s attraction to professionally achieving mates is one piece of a

much larger story. "We’re experiencing a historic change in the things

people want out of marriage, the reasons they enter into it and stay

in it," says historian Stephanie Coontz of Evergreen State College in

Olympia, Washington. Men in their 20s and 30s embarking on first

marriages are relieved to no longer be the sole breadwinner and

decision-maker, a burden many watched their fathers shoulder. "These

men are truly redefining masculinity," says Terrence Real, a

psychologist and author of How Can I Get Through to You? Closing the

Intimacy Gap Between Men and Women. And the pursuit of a high-achiever

is not solely the province of youth. Status-conscious tycoons want to

have second marriages - and affairs - with alpha women. "Older men

want the most impressive achiever in the office. In the eyes of a

man’s peers, the woman with the career and degrees counts for more

than Miss America," says Frank Pittman, psychiatrist to Atlanta’s

elite."

"When Scott South, a sociologist at the University at Albany, State

University of New York, examined the characteristics most desirable to

black and white men ages 19 to 35, he found that a woman’s ability to

hold a steady job mattered more than her age, previous marriages,

maternal status, religion or race. Men were more willing to marry

women with more, rather than less, education than they themselves had.

A wise move, since women eclipse men at the same rates at which they

attain bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and the number of women

pursuing higher education continues to steadily climb."

Edited by kat

... I decided one night to conduct an experiment. I decided to act like a bimbo. I did not change the way I dressed, just the way I acted. I have never had so much attention in my life. I let guys buy me drinks all night so I didn't spend a cent. I giggled a lot. When they asked what I did, I pretended I didn't understand and said I liked to dance. I couldn't believe the result. The guys were all over me. These were well-dressed, respectible looking men who could not get enough of this bimbo act. It was really sad. To think that we women have to act like this to get their attention. ...

What do you have to say about this guys? [/i] :o

Actually, it was a Sex in the City episode, but it was also a research topic for a journalist in New York. A friend and myself were 2 of 25 female *research bait* that basically came up with similar results. Although, I have to admit, that choice of venue had some influence.

However, the research article and Sex in the City have been substantiated by professional, scientific research at 11 participating international universities which have recently declared the same findings --- many men do not want women who are too intelligent.

*But it's ok, because most intelligent women are not seriously interested in these types. We need someone who is at least as intelligent as us, which clearly, are not these guys.

Some guys not wanting to marry intelligent women may be true, but what many women fail to understand is that most young guys just want shags..end of story.They are different.many women find this had to understand.When they look at women, they are looking at breedind stock.It's the reason why we are men.It's genetic.A braindead bimbo makes it a bit easier (sometimes!) :D

You will also find that scientific research shows that a high percentage of women will be much more attracted to men with money than men who are on the bones of their ar$e.A wealthy man means that having and raising children is easier with money. Infact, have a look at the old ugly buggers with spunky young spouses in Thailand.If they didn't have a pot to piss in do you really think they would have a young lusty on their arm... :D Not just Thailand either.

Money,Power and Speed..the big three ..all attract Ladies. Have you ever seen an F1 driver with a girlfriend that has a face like a smacked bum??Nope! :D just because a guy can drive a car quickly does not mean that he has any emotional intelligence at all.They all get the spunky birds though.

Broad generisations...or close to the truth? :D

:D Chuchok, sweetie (see, I'm trying to be friends :D ) I hate to contradict, again, but, your equation is increasingly less of an issue. As the articles point out, women are starting to outnumber men in educational attainment. This has created a sea change in what women look for in a mate. A breadwinning provider is less of a pull for us now. Although alpha males are still (and will always be) a turn-on, money is no longer the necessary defining feature of that category. :o

*(Except of course, in Thailand, and pre-modern or "traditional" societies. These articles are discussing Western gender dynamics).

Also, all of my most intimate, deep, passionate and longest relationships were with men younger than me. So, I can assure you directly, they are not all after a **shag. But, they are entirely different than their counterparts of 10-20 years older, in ways that are highly complementary to modern women.

**Although, I must admit, we certainly weren't lacking :D

Edited by kat

:D Chuchok, sweetie (see, I'm trying to be friends :D I hate to contradict, again, but, your equation is increasingly less of an issue. As the articles point out, women are starting to outnumber men in educational attainment. This has created a sea change in what women look for in a mater. A breadwinning provider is less of a pull for us now. Although, alpha males are still a turn-on, money is not a necessary defining feature of that category :o .

Also, all of my most intimate, deep, passionate and longest relationships were with men younger than me. So, I can assure you directly, they are not all after a *shag. But, they are entirely different than their counterparts of 10-20 years older, in ways that are highly complementary to modern women.

*Although, I must admit, we certainly weren't lacking.

That's 'cause they were after a mother figure... :D (just joking!!)

There is one thing that I firmly believe..The brighter the bird..the better the shag! :D True!!They tend to be less inhibited and and more willing to please.. :D

Personally , I would care less if my partner had 3 more degrees than me, but I do care about her emotional intelligence.I would love it if my partner made more money than I do....can spend the extra dosh on more toys. :D

We are still animals.Modern society may mask our primary instinct at times,but it will never change us 100%.

Edited by chuchok

"That's 'cause they were after a mother figure... (just joking!!)"

:D I don't think I've ever met one guy that wants to shag his mom :D But, we've probably read about them in the newspapers after someone was gunned down or locked up :D

Not my types. Besides, I just dismissed *(for the summer) two 12-year-olds that had crushes on me during the semester. Now, THAT is WAY too young, but I've been very pleased with their academic improvements :D

boys :o

*edit

Edited by kat