Thailand As An Electricity Hub

webfact

ENERGY
Thailand as an electricity hub

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's Energy Ministry unveils the plan to turn the Kingdom into an electricity trade hub, citing the geographical advantage.

In his opening speech at the seminar on "Thailand’s strategy on power grid", Energy Minister Pongsak Ruktapongpisal said that Thailand and China made the proposals to become the trade hub.

"I’m confident that Thailand has an advantage over China as we are connected with Asean countries like Myanma, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. These countries are staging new investment in power plants," he said.

The Cabinet approved the electricity hub plan two weeks ago.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-07

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

A hub of 99999999999999999,99999999999999999999 million-billion-trillion kachillian, fitzyugkchuctsfzrzgyhcychcrrrrhdxgxxxggzxrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrillllllliiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn reasons for stupidity and idiocracy, where elephants and pigs can fly cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MaxLee

Isn't it about time Thailand had a "crackdown" on the abuse of the word "hub"?

I can see the headline now: Thailand. Hub of crackdowns on gross overuse of the 'h' word.

I don't think they know Watt they are talking about. If they would just stop and think faraday then they would see. Next month they are cutting off electricity to my ohm and there will be some resistance.

Thailand will be the hub of electricity.....if Myanmar lets it !

• Like 2

I expect any day now to see the announcement that the two following people were Thai. George Simon Ohm a German who invented Ohm's law in 1826 along with Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta from Italy who founded the volt.

• Like 2