Need Advice Please

Hi

A friend wants to buy some bike parts in Europe worth about 80k Baht. He's worried about customs and tax, so he asked me if I could bring them to Thailand next time I go back home. I don't mind helping him out, but what would the implications be if I do that?

Are there any other ways to save money?

Any advice much appreciated.

thank you

Lots of people smuggle motorcycle parts to Thailand this way. They rarely check, but if they do and they determine that these aren't for personal use you may very well have to pay some duty on them. If they aren't multiple items of the same thing, you should be able to get away with it by explaining they are for your personal bike. So long as your friend knows that there is a risk and if he is willing to accept that if you do get checked and charged than I wouldn't worry about it. You're not going to detained by police or cited or anything like that. Only long enough to pay the duty. If they do check, this is Thailand so palm the guy 500B and you'll likely be on your way.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

I bring stuff back from Hong Kong all the time. I have never been stopped. They once held my friend up for having some helmets and an Akrapovic exhaust. He said they were for personal use and they let him through. You should be fine. Best of luck.