Need Gps Mount To My Bike.

dagling

Have an older Garmin GPS located that are no longer used in the car, when the car already has GPS. So then I wondered if it's any good universal mount that will fit on my Honda Forza?

Had preferred to order this on line. Some good tips or links?

Cheerswai2.gif

Tried to attach GPS `n with the original suction fitting that I spent in the car. Looks to sit well, but will have to test this out with a long drive tomorrow to find out if it tackles practical use and bumps on the road ...

post-84957-0-78943800-1362669835_thumb.jpost-84957-0-35182200-1362669839_thumb.j

I had the suction cup base drilled so that I could fit a U bolt to it around the handle bars. Then I had a mechanic attach the receptical for a cigarette lighter to the battery. Then I just clip on the GPS holder and attach the wiring when I want the GPS in use. I remove the GPS and wiring at night. It works very well.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried to attach GPS `n with the original suction fitting that I spent in the car. Looks to sit well, but will have to test this out with a long drive tomorrow to find out if it tackles practical use and bumps on the road ...

attachicon.gif1.jpgattachicon.gif2.jpg

Hi,

Did this work for you or have you found another solution?

Thanks.

I'd attach some sort of chord or something to that just in case.

With those handlebars you could probably get one of the RAM mounts for mountainbikes that would screw on.

Take a look at the various RAM mounts. Plenty of catalogues and dealers out there.

• 2 weeks later...

how about mounts for gps and mobile phones? i have seen ram mounts at shops like gps4u there store at fortune it mall and also one shop in mbk. touratech also good some. but they are all very expensive and i wouldnt feel safe letting those equipment stay on the bike in the public garages.

anyone knows a cheaper but strong and stable solution? appreciate some advices. im also thinking of purchasing a garmin gps and connect it through the cigarette jack from the battery. but those prices of 20k will have to wait and the iphone will have to due for now running both sygic and tomtom gps navigation system.