Air Asia

This is a new service.

There is also a connection via Seatran port which I have used. (Pantip)

I think this has been discussed in another thread if you feel like searching.

I don't know the Air Asia costs, but Pantip cost 300 baht one way.

What's the cheapest way from BKK to KPG? I've always flown with Bangkok Air to Samui myself but I have friends coming over and they're on a budget... Where do you catch the cheap bus from BKK to KPG? How much is it, when does it run etc.?

Air Asia seems to be around 1,800 - 2,000 bht one way incl. ferry.

The best bus is the VIP Government bus to Koh Phangan that leaves either from Morchit or the Southern bus terminal. 24 seats, takes about 10 hours to Donsak then Raja ferry over to ThongSala. Around a 1000 thb. Sleeper train is another option. Journey is a few hours more but good for sleeping through the night!

Pantip is 300 from Donsak to Suratthani airport!!???

That's very expensive. From Samui to BKK, the government bus is only a bit over 500 bt.

I believe the ferry from/to Samui is included in the 300 baht. (But not 100% sure).

What's the cheapest way from BKK to KPG? I've always flown with Bangkok Air to Samui myself but I have friends coming over and they're on a budget... Where do you catch the cheap bus from BKK to KPG? How much is it, when does it run etc.?

Air Asia seems to be around 1,800 - 2,000 bht one way incl. ferry.

Look into prices for getting the train from BKK to Chumpon and connecting with the Lomprayah catamaran to KPH. Thats probably the cheapest route

I've travelled by train from Surat Thani to BKK myself once, it wasn't bad. No idea if you'd have to book in advance though, they'll be flying into BKK early in the morning on the 21st. Do you reckon they'd be able to get a seat on a train that day without booking in advance? The ferry shouldn't be a problem.

Pantip is 300 from Donsak to Suratthani airport!!???

That's very expensive. From Samui to BKK, the government bus is only a bit over 500 bt.

I believe the ferry from/to Samui is included in the 300 baht. (But not 100% sure).

It is.

I've travelled by train from Surat Thani to BKK myself once, it wasn't bad. No idea if you'd have to book in advance though, they'll be flying into BKK early in the morning on the 21st. Do you reckon they'd be able to get a seat on a train that day without booking in advance? The ferry shouldn't be a problem.

Booking would be advised, especially if you think they want a bunk. I had to wait 3 days in BKK once to get a seat on the day train.

Edited by Eric1949
  • Like 1