Coping With The Heat And Humidity

watgate

Back home in Canada I used to see TV adds all the time for removable screen doors that operate with magnets. If the hotel you stay at does not have screens then these magnetic ones would be a godsend. I haven't closed my screen door for the 5 months I've been in Thailand. Oh, well maybe once or twice in December when it was cool for a short while.

After three years, I find the "feel" of air-conditioning unpleasant. I have it, but never use it. The fans are more than adequate.

Walking outdoors in the afternoon is another matter, however.

To overcome that heat, I use strategically placed naps.

Edited by anselpixel

Live like a white person and use the Air I as a Black America can not believe all the Cheap Charlies and poor fools that do you

I read about all the money they have the great business in Thailand and Hi So Wife's but talk about the high cost of air,

My poor family in America on welfare are use air

Stop being cheap

It's easy to live large on someone else's money, isn't it ? I kept my A/C off to pay for yours, expletive deleted.

Edited by m51chris

Thanks for the translation. Might have known you'd understand such a random selection of letters wink.pnglaugh.png

What the fella from Pattaya might not understand is the climate is very different here up north. Cool evenings & mornings. No need for AC unless you live in a concrete box in the sun all day. My house is a comfortable 26 - 28C inside during the day. At night, open some windows turn on the ceiling extractor fans for about an hour, suck in the cooler air. Rooms are far too large, and ceilings too high to cool by AC. Wish I was welfare wink.png

Not sure if that was a compliment or not.biggrin.png I presume you have a lot of shade covering your roof.

Not sure about the cool mornings year around but defiantly a chill in the air in the winter months.sad.png

Maybe my mornings are earlier than yours smile.png . No shade on the roof, but we have a large garden, well shaded. The upstairs storey insulates the downstairs during the day. Windows are shaded, only receive direct sunlight early morning or late afternoon. Upstairs ceilings have extractor fans to expel hot air in the evening, pulling cool air from outside. Exterior walls are double bricked with space between.

Saw some brand new condos near the canal road / university area a couple of weeks ago. Floor to ceiling windows facing west. And the view was the next block cheesy.gif

Edited by MESmith

I have been living in Thailand for 12 years and still have NOT got used to heat and humidity. Not everyone gets used to it.

It is not really hot season yet. It is still the changing of seasons. Next month will be the real thing and air-con will come in handy.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Live like a white person and use the Air I as a Black America can not believe all the Cheap Charlies and poor fools that do you

I read about all the money they have the great business in Thailand and Hi So Wife's but talk about the high cost of air,

My poor family in America on welfare are use air

Stop being cheap

It's easy to live large on someone else's money, isn't it ? I kept my A/C off to pay for yours, expletive deleted.

Thank you very much Keep up the good work.

Living off others is a art.

They also get free cheese and steaks

Learn to paint