Dentist Recomendation

markuk

Hi there,

I hade a broken thoot (english??) a part of it split away+1 have destroied and a few small cases.

I went to Asavanant dental clinic (email: [email protected], url www.asavanant.com in sukhumvit road.

I told the guy I want only the best.

He made pictures of every problem, discussed it, made an xray of everything and the problematic cases, i got two ceramic fillings (newest technologie) 3 or 4 normal white fillings and clean everything at 30.000.

Everything was perfect.

Hi guys - one of my fillings just fell out - anyone recomend a dentist and any experience of the costs for a filling in Bangkok??

Cheers

Hi there,

I hade a broken thoot (english??) a part of it split away+1 have destroied and a few small cases.

I went to Asavanant dental clinic (email: [email protected], url www.asavanant.com in sukhumvit road.

He made pictures of every problem, discussed it, made an xray of everything and the problematic cases, i got two ceramic fillings (newest technologie) 3 or 4 normal white fillings and clean everything at 30.000.

Everything was perfect.

Hi guys - one of my fillings just fell out - anyone recomend a dentist and any experience of the costs for a filling in Bangkok??

Cheers

is that 30 baht or 30,000 baht???? :o

Hi there,

Everything was perfect.

Cheers

I paid around 1000bht for a ceramic filling at asavanant, in and out within an hour. Its on the cornner of soi thonglor.

Had all my teeth done, crowns, bottom denture etc, superb dentist, highly recomended and good prices, not expensive, he is Dr Chachris, Dental surgery centre, 6th floor, Mahboonkrong Centre, MBK, Pratumwan, Bangkok, Tel no 026117018.

I actually sent him a letter congratulating him on his work & Surgery.

This is the guy i will always use in the future.

"""Bangkok Dental Hospiotal on Soi 49 is excellent and reasonably priced. They have a web site (don't know it often, try google)"""

I disagree - it costs a fortune. It was opposite my house but I didn't go there.

I got a filling last month and they replaced a crown that had fallen out. Everything - 200 baht upcountry.

In Bangkok, the best in the area mentioned is at Phrakhanong. Take the number 38, 513, 48, 511, 502 bus or the BTS. It is under the BTS station on the left hand side(going outward).

Very reasonable - I got 3 root canals, which cost 8,000 baht. He started at 12,000 but I got him down.

Edited by Neeranam

sorry 30.000,00 Baht or 30K Baht

thailand is cheap but not that cheap....

Hi there,

Everything was perfect.

Cheers

Little dental clinic that I use is on same side of Suk Rd as Bangkok Dental Hospital and is part of a small row of shops less that 1 minutes walk north(east).

Think ladies name is Ms Pensri (aint they all)

I needed an extraction(tooth going side-a-ways?) about a year ago and she arranged to borrow some equipment from the local building site and between the 4 of us pulled the bugger.

Go on every trip now for a clean and polish..... :o

I have used Bangkok Dental Hospital on Soi 49 for over ten years. I have recommended it to dozens of friends, who in turn were all impressed for the great professional care given. As for cost, one friend found it cheaper to fly her 22 years old son here from the East Cost to have 4 wisdon teath removed, than to do the same procedure in her home town.

The Dental Hospital is a 4 story modern building that is always full of expats and well to do Thai people who want great care.

Its phone number is 02-260-5000.

I have tried other detal facilities here and in Singapore, and they did not come close to the quality of the Bangkok Dental Hospital.

I went to BNH a few weeks ago to start deep gum cleaning. The Dentist was professional, and great. The trouble started with the billing, after my appointment. It didn't match to what the Dentist was charging, and what I initially saw in a billing book at reception.

The reception billing quoted 2,000 baht per visit for root scaling and planing (deep cleaning). After my first visit (I needed two, according to the dentist), I was charged 3,780 baht. I was then informed that it was 1700 baht per QUADRANT. What could I do at this point - I went back. The entire job cost me just under 8,000 baht. I thought this was excessive, but I'm not sure. Anyone else know?

After my last appointment, she has me see a young male dentist about 2 possible teeth implants in the back of my mouth. He quotes me 180-200,000 baht! I thought: first time my mistake, but there is no way I'll be his cash cow.

Does anyone have experince with BNH, or can comment about the above prices?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you tell him that he shall make me a filling for free for bringing you there?

:o:D

Cheers guys i went to Asavant - very good service, all i have to do now is go back and fix the other teath!!

Did you tell him that he shall make me a filling for free for bringing you there?

:D:D

Cheers guys i went to Asavant - very good service, all i have to do now is go back and fix the other teath!!

nah i am getting the freebie!! :o

• 1 month later...

oucherism

I paid around 1000bht for a ceramic filling at asavanant

you most certainly did not get a ceramic filling for 1000b.

ceramic fillings are extremely expensive , you probably will have had a composite filling for that price.

i would recommend the dental hosp. on soi 49 , but note that as a new patient there , you will be seen by a dentist for a check up and some x-rays , and then have a short consultation and you will be informed and have explained to you any other problems that were detected on the x-rays.

then you will be given a quote for the treatment and sent to the relevant department for any treatment that you agree to have.

if you dont want treatment there , ask for your x-rays , and you will save having them re done at the next place you go to. that will not only save you some money , but save you from being exposed to a second dose of radiation.

the c/u and x rays will cost about 1200b , and a white composite filling anywhere from 700-1500 depending on the size and complexity of the cavity to be filled. less for an amalgam filling.

they are thorough and professional there , but the prices are at the high end.

i would go nowhere else.

kat

The reception billing quoted 2,000 baht per visit for root scaling and planing (deep cleaning). After my first visit (I needed two, according to the dentist), I was charged 3,780 baht. I was then informed that it was 1700 baht per QUADRANT. What could I do at this point - I went back. The entire job cost me just under 8,000 baht. I thought this was excessive, but I'm not sure. Anyone else know?

After my last appointment, she has me see a young male dentist about 2 possible teeth implants in the back of my mouth. He quotes me 180-200,000 baht! I thought: first time my mistake, but there is no way I'll be his cash cow.

hard to say if the scaling was expensive or not without actually seeing what what your periodontal condition was and looking at a full set of x-rays. if you needed root scaling and planing , as opposed to just a regular 30 or 45 minute scaling , then the price seems ok.... its a fiddly and delicate procedure , although it doesnt always seem delicate if you are on the receiving end.

as for the implants , again , its difficult to say without seeing your x-rays etc. and knowing exactly which teeth are involved , but the price doesnt seem too excessive , roughly about the same as uk prices , and probably cheaper that usa prices.

neeranam

Very reasonable - I got 3 root canals, which cost 8,000 baht. He started at 12,000 but I got him down.

and it probably took him say , 40 minutes , using materials of poorer quality , instead of doing it thoroughly which might take , before finishing the procedure with a filling or crown preparation ,say 90 minutes to 2 hours , (using first rate german ,usa or japanese materials ) , which is what 3 root canals would take if done by an endodontist in say the uk or usa ...... or a thai dentist who considers he is being paid properly.

its fine to bargain the price when buying underpants or soap in the market , but for healthcare you should consider what exactly is involved during the operation or procedure before automatically assuming that the price is high.

If you are still in need of dental care visit Bangkok Smile Dental Clinic for a free consultation. Write me an Email and I can give all the information you need. Visiting the website at http://www.dentalthailand.com is also a great resource for information, but a consultation by a doctor is best. For expatirates, you can sign up for a membership card or a family dental plan to help reduce costs. Bangkok Smile meets international guidelines, such as the ADA and OSAP, and sterilization is a high priority. After you consultation you will find that dentistry in Thailand is by far much better than back home!

Bangkok Dental Hospital is very impressive, but only offers on location that is difficult to get to. They don't offer cosmetic dental treatments as well and I think the size of the dental hospital is similar to visiting a hospital. We found that patients generally try to avoid the hospital as much as possible and why each of our dental clinic has a unique theme and style. We currently have 3 branches located near the BTS Sky-Train and/or MRT Subway (Ekkamai, Asoke, and Ploen Chit). Maps are on the website listed above.

Also if you are working here in Thailand and interested in setting up a dental plan for your office please let me know. We can work out discounted dental fees for your employees and fill your office with bright smiles.

Either way hope you get the dental care you need. Don't pass up the opprotuinity of getting the dental care that you always wanted done in Thailand, because it is so much more afforadable and so much more enjoyable. Ring me if you want more information, I'll give you a tour :o

-Rich

[email protected]

01-904-5212