Pattaya Police Uncover Elderly Swiss Drug Dealer

Rimmer

Tiny quantity. This is pretty outrageous. They don't believe him, why? Because a snitch with his own corrupt (and understandable) motivations claimed he was a dealer? I think the Swiss man needs a doctor not a prison cell. Really tragic.

Big enough quantity to be illegal. Not at all outrageous. Deserves all that he gets.

Given we don't know what he will get - and cause to have less than unconditional faith in the Thai justice system - that's quite a remarkable (and oddly malicious) comment.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

It's an opinion. My opinion. I don't care whether you construe it as remarkable (or oddly malicious). I have my reasons for my opinions.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be argued that every other types of criminal need treatment also, not just addicts, where would you draw the line?

It could? Not logically.

Where to draw the line...Perhaps between things that are potentially medically treatable and those that are not. (Examples: Addiction? Yes. Crime for for profit? No.)

Not hard to find a place to draw such a line if one wishes.

Depends on your logic, of course.

Are you in a professional position to judge which crimes are potentailly medically treatable and which are not? Wasn't this Swiss allegedly selling drugs for a profit? Where's your logic?

Tiny quantity. This is pretty outrageous. They don't believe him, why? Because a snitch with his own corrupt (and understandable) motivations claimed he was a dealer? I think the Swiss man needs a doctor not a prison cell. Really tragic.

Big enough quantity to be illegal. Not at all outrageous. Deserves all that he gets.

Given we don't know what he will get - and cause to have less than unconditional faith in the Thai justice system - that's quite a remarkable (and oddly malicious) comment.

It's an opinion. My opinion. I don't care whether you construe it as remarkable (or oddly malicious). I have my reasons for my opinions.

Yes, obviously an opinion and obviously yours. As obvious to me is the fact that there's no reason you should care what I think of it.

So your superfluous post notwithstanding, my intention was to point out how unsupportable and strange it was and I did so. No big deal.

It could be argued that every other types of criminal need treatment also, not just addicts, where would you draw the line?

It could? Not logically.

Where to draw the line...Perhaps between things that are potentially medically treatable and those that are not. (Examples: Addiction? Yes. Crime for for profit? No.)

Are you in a professional position to judge which crimes are potentailly medically treatable and which are not? Wasn't this Swiss allegedly selling drugs for a profit? Where's your logic?

* No, I'm not and never implied I was. I'm neither in the medical profession nor involved in legislation or law enforcement so that lack of qualification is irrelevant. Why ask?

* Have I (or anyone) suggested he needs medical treatment for dealing drugs? It was YOU who had the rather absurd idea that perhaps all criminals need medical treatment, not I.

* It's not "my logic", it's just logic -- and it's self-evident.

Yes, obviously an opinion and obviously yours. As obvious to me is the fact that there's no reason you should care what I think of it.

So your superfluous post notwithstanding, my intention was to point out how unsupportable and strange it was and I did so. No big deal.

What makes any of my posts anymore superfluous than yours or anyone else's? If it doesn't agree with yours then it's superfluous? My opinion is certainly not unsupportable nor strange,except apparently in your mind.

It could? Not logically.

* No, I'm not and never implied I was. I'm neither in the medical profession nor involved in legislation or law enforcement so that lack of qualification is irrelevant. Why ask?

* Have I (or anyone) suggested he needs medical treatment for dealing drugs? It was YOU who had the rather absurd idea that perhaps all criminals need medical treatment, not I.

* It's not "my logic", it's just logic -- and it's self-evident.

I'll tell you why I asked; you gave two examples of what you consider to be treatable/non-treatable.

• 2 weeks later...

Possession of more than 0.5 g's of ICE is classed as dealing regardless if it was found in his room or on him it doesn't need the typical sting to get the charge to stick.

That 0.9 g's will get him between 4-6 years if he accepts the charge by pleading guilty the court will reduce his sentence by 50%. Problem he will have is the 12 odd month wait for the case to go to the criminal courts then most times simply out of spite the police will appeal ANY sentence just to hold him for up to 3 more years on appeal not untill the appeal is over will he actually start serving his time. Any time on remand is deducted when he is repatriated.

Let's see...if someone informs on another person, and the police proceed to not go after that person but rather the person who informed, I wonder how often police would get people informing for them?

Its doesn't work that way here.

The police run everything so they nick a bottom rung Thai for drug usage/possession/dealing and give them the choice to either work for them or go into prison. People don't 'walk' into Soi 9 and grass they are told every now and then to give a name up of another dealer so the police can make an arrest gaining BiB points and a cash bonus for arresting a Farrang while the grass stays out of prison till the next time.

They don't realize they are expendable and as soon as they are unable to provide the police with what they want they are banged up typically in the same prison as all the people they grassed up in the first place!

This will undoubtedly be a BIG additon to the Crime Solved figures to demonstrate the effectiveness of the 'Crime Free' drive in Pattaya

thumbsup.gif

I know its a joke.

Problem is the BiB's don't like competition especially Farrangs

Let's see...if someone informs on another person, and the police proceed to not go after that person but rather the person who informed, I wonder how often police would get people informing for them?

The police run everything so they nick a bottom rung Thai for drug usage/possession/dealing and give them the choice to either work for them or go into prison. People don't 'walk' into Soi 9 and grass they are told every now and then to give a name up of another dealer so the police can make an arrest gaining BiB points and a cash bonus for arresting a Farrang while the grass stays out of prison till the next time.

They don't realize they are expendable and as soon as they are unable to provide the police with what they want they are banged up typically in the same prison as all the people they grassed up in the first place!

It works that way in many western countries as well nothing new in that approach. Police are lazy in general and that is a tried and tested method of getting drug busts without too much hard investigative work.

It works that way in many western countries as well nothing new in that approach. Police are lazy in general and that is a tried and tested method of getting drug busts without too much hard investigative work.

I don't doubt it but where I was brought up if anyone was found to be a grass they weren't seen again.