Pattaya Police Uncover Elderly Swiss Drug Dealer

Rimmer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so much noise for little quantity ? sounds very strange ......

His first mistake was having drugs, second mistake was not having a work permit and third mistake was working in a profession only Thais are allowed.

And his last mistake was being on dope himself, which with the large quantities found on him make the whole story so relevant...

Tiny quantity. This is pretty outrageous. They don't believe him, why? Because a snitch with his own corrupt (and understandable) motivations claimed he was a dealer? I think the Swiss man needs a doctor not a prison cell. Really tragic.

Surely no dealer with that quantity, and yes, maybe he needs a doctor, but then a shrink... for being stupid enough to do anything with drugs in Thailand... and then he needs some serious slaps (maybe a few weeks in a cell) and then back to Switzerland after being blacklisted.

Tiny quantity. This is pretty outrageous. They don't believe him, why? Because a snitch with his own corrupt (and understandable) motivations claimed he was a dealer? I think the Swiss man needs a doctor not a prison cell. Really tragic.

Surely no dealer with that quantity, and yes, maybe he needs a doctor, but then a shrink... for being stupid enough to do anything with drugs in Thailand... and then he needs some serious slaps (maybe a few weeks in a cell) and then back to Switzerland after being blacklisted.

If only they would do that to anyone found guilty of any alcohol related offence, the country would be a much nicer place.

The snitch is most likely the dealer that sold it to the Swiss guy in the first place. Of course the Thai rolled over on the farang, he was trying to save his own arse and threw the BiB a name.

Having possession of Drugs is illegal isn't it ?? ..........so !

Drug Dealer ??? that is a stretch unless there was in his possession Equipment for weighing,measuring 'baggies' for packaging etc. Certainly not an that amount without supporting equipment.

.95 ?? not even 1 gram of Ya ice...8.3 grams of Ganja ??? that's less than a third of an ounce. ??

BUT ..possession of Drugs is illegal . The noise far outweighs the offence from this report.

ALSO big score on that Rim - a DOUBLE Point & in ' Cuffs .. Good one , the standard of Pics just keeps on getting more pointed

wai.gif

Just snitch the guy he was buying from, and let's hope he is not a cop :-P

probably was a cop somewhere along the line,for those farangs who work with them in Thailand,very sad ,because you know what goes on,and are happy to be part of if,free visa ,and t-shirt.,tea money,could never be a cop in your own country,,or if you were you should be even more disgracedjerk.gif

Edited by COXYATCITY

the ''blitz''is over and they need some headlines fast...and by the way 61 is not ''elderly''..

61 + smoking ya ice = elderly, or very soon to be elderly...but same holds with 61 and drinking Lao Khow or Chang Beer by the bucket.

Not exactly the same...Never heard of someone going to prison or being deported for drinking alcohol, not even for supplying, as it's not against the law.

I expect the Swiss man was selling a bit on the side to finance his own habit - which is by far the most common scenario when it comes to small-time dealers - and explains the small quantity in his possession.

selling? .9 grams is not a dealers stash, I highly doubt he was selling but someone sold him down the river!

having any is bad enough and he obviously sold to a customer so I suspect they didn't look hard enough for his main stash - and he sold himself down the river...serves him right som num nah

Big enough quantity to be illegal. Not at all outrageous. Deserves all that he gets.

That's your opinion. I think addicts need medical treatment, not incarceration.

I hear what you are saying "but" I hate drugs, I hate what it does to people, it is responsible for crime at all levels - suppliers - dealers - users - they put us all at risk, drug use in Thailand has become a serious problem compounded by the fact that the supply infrastructure is embeded into law enforcement agencies - now if you can crack that case open Inspector Clouseau I await to hear just how that's going down

• Like 1

Big enough quantity to be illegal. Not at all outrageous. Deserves all that he gets.

Is he really an addict? From the quantities, it does not tell us. Maybe he wanted to try it for some fun and just get high for some special action... however that is not the point:

- if he is an addict, he can get free medical treatment back in Switzerland

- doing drugs - whether use or sell - in a country with such strict rules as Thailand is just pure stupidity

- their is no medical treatment to put brains back into an idiot

That is why I agree with everybody who says "he get's what he deserves".

So if his legal troubles lead to death in a Thai prison for carrying TINY quantities of drugs, one of them recognized as a legitimate medicine, then he DESERVES that, does he? So he was stupid. OK. Deserves to die for being stupid? What do you think it means for a possibly frail older westerner to go to Thai prison?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

That sure isn't a large quantity for a so-called dealer to be in possession of. I highly doubt he was selling if the story is true.

Maybe he'd already sold his stock?

Yes, and maybe he also committed a whole series of crimes all over the world...

What good is a "maybe"? (You certainly can't justify a criminal charge on it).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

...it sounds like a 'set-up'....not a drug dealer....

...he confessed he was a user....he should be forgiven and pardoned...like all Thais are...

...maybe they should investigate to stoolie.....

Let's see...if someone informs on another person, and the police proceed to not go after that person but rather the person who informed, I wonder how often police would get people informing for them?

Given we don't know what he will get - and cause to have less than unconditional faith in the Thai justice system - that's quite a remarkable (and oddly malicious) comment.

Whats not mentioned here is his financial position, probably another destitute farang trying to carry on living the dream.

If he needs medical treatment he could have checked out any time he wanted and gone home.

As for incarceration, well yes , however this is Thailand their country their laws.

How about setting up some public stocks at the enterance to Walking Street and put him on public display, acts as both a deterent to others and saves the need for incarceration, think of it more as community service.

Anyway back to the medical treatment option, scenario, next time you go for your annual visa renewel the nice immigration official points you to a donation box, cheques or cash only, 100k baht to help feckless farang and provide free medical treatment, will you be contributing?

Thankfully this is Thailand, not the facist west of the EU where big brother knows best, I dont pay taxes to support these people, suits me just fine.

Sure is my opinion. I agree with you though, addicts should get treatment, but if in the course of their illegal activities they run the risk of incarceration then so be it, they all know the risks when they first get into it.

It could be argued that every other types of criminal need treatment also, not just addicts, where would you draw the line?

So if his legal troubles lead to death in a Thai prison for carrying TINY quantities of drugs, one of them recognized as a legitimate medicine, then he DESERVES that, does he? So he was stupid. OK. Deserves to die for being stupid? What do you think it means for a possibly frail older westerner to go to Thai prison?

No, I don't think, neither did I suggest, that he deserves death in prison for commiting an offence; you brought that suggestion up. Had he been prescribed the legitimate medicine you refer to? I missed that part.

You seem to think that going to prison automatically means dying there.

And, yes, I do know exactly what it can mean for a older Westerner to go to Thai prison, do you?

It could be argued that every other types of criminal need treatment also, not just addicts, where would you draw the line?

It could? Not logically.

Where to draw the line...Perhaps between things that are potentially medically treatable and those that are not. (Examples: Addiction? Yes. Crime for for profit? No.)

Not hard to find a place to draw such a line if one wishes.

That sure isn't a large quantity for a so-called dealer to be in possession of. I highly doubt he was selling if the story is true.

Maybe he'd already sold his stock?

Yes, and maybe he also committed a whole series of crimes all over the world...

What good is a "maybe"? (You certainly can't justify a criminal charge on it).

Didn't say you could.