Good Seafood Restaurants In Pattaya ?

Yahooka

I`ve been searching for good seafood restaurants both here on TV and in general,but most of the info is either years old or it leads me to a few places in WS,Jomtien or far away from central Pattaya.It don`t need to be a flashy and expensive restaurant,a Thai style place will be good as long as the food is fresh.

Been going to Phuket for years and Im spoilt there with seafood restaurants almost everywhere.

If you don't mind going out of town a bit there is mum arroy on the sukhumvit north of the town. Apparently they have a branch somewhere in town now.

The one on Sukhumvit is on the beach and packed out, not as good as the original in Sri Racha , but still good.

If you don't mind going out of town a bit there is mum arroy on the sukhumvit north of the town. Apparently they have a branch somewhere in town now.

The one on Sukhumvit is on the beach and packed out, not as good as the original in Sri Racha , but still good.

Seconded

Thx for the advice guys.Looks like visits to a seafood restaurant requires a bit of planning.Have also been told that Mum Aroi in Banglamung is good,so will try that too.

Edited by Yahooka

The best and freshest Seafood Restaurants around pattaya will either be the High Priced places in Pattaya/Jomtien or more relaxed less expensive Restaurants on the Waterfront or Beaches further south than Jomtien in NaJomtien (Ban Amphur, Bang Saray, or Sattahip).

If you want something "dramatic", try Rimpa Lapin. Past Ban Amphur and before Bang Saray. Beautiful location. Food is not cheap, and can be hit and miss. I've been 3 times and it's been great 2 times and OK the third. Make reservations on weekends as it's packed!!!!

Closer by is Pupin at the end of Jomtien beach. Big blue crab out front. Again, crazy packed on weekends.

If you want something "dramatic", try Rimpa Lapin. Past Ban Amphur and before Bang Saray. Beautiful location. Food is not cheap, and can be hit and miss. I've been 3 times and it's been great 2 times and OK the third. Make reservations on weekends as it's packed!!!!

Closer by is Pupin at the end of Jomtien beach. Big blue crab out front. Again, crazy packed on weekends.

On my last visit to Pupin Seafood I discovered they have a special menu printed up just for their farang visitors.

Scumbags.

• Like 2

Moom Aroy on the Sukhumvit ?

The Moom Aroy I love is at the far end of Naklua.

Also a branch of Moom Aroy on 3rd road, same menu, just not the same view.

Tangkay also good in Naklua.

As is Plaa Tawng.

PooPen in Jomtien sometimes good, sometimes terrible, but probably the best of a bad bunch.

Poo Pen have several menus, one Thai, one English, one with photos, all prices were the same last time I looked (about a week ago.)

Question about prepartion of seafood- shrimp. If one orders stir fried shrimp with garlic or shrimp in some other kind of other arrangement, it is always prepared with the shell on. I find it a pain to take out the shell after cooked and that the "de-shelled" shrimp absorbs the butter, garlic, or whatever the sauce is 10 times more than if covered up with the shell. Has any one tried to order grilled or stir fried shrimp "shelled" before it is cooked?

Edited by toenail
  • Like 1

Many of the Beach Front and On the Beach Restaurants in Ban Amphur and Bang Saray are very good.

Recently tried Dang's Seafood on the Beach in Ban Amphur. Less expensive by a few baht, but overall good Seafood.

And could not believe Large Leo for 60 baht.

Edited by KimoMax

Khrua Lung Sawai Restaurant 2 is still my choice.

You can either ride/drive towards Na Chom Tien, keeping an eye out for the Public Prosecutors office on the right. Turn right at the lights once you see it. The restaurant is at the end of the road there.

Otherwise, all the way to the end of Chom Tien beach road and then follow the road around until you arrive at the fishing village.

You can either ride/drive towards Na Chom Tien, keeping an eye out for the Public Prosecutors office on the right. Turn right at the lights once you see it. The restaurant is at the end of the road there.

Otherwise, all the way to the end of Chom Tien beach road and then follow the road around until you arrive at the fishing village.

That's Huay Yai road, right? The restaurant is on that canal?

Yes, at the mouth of the canal.

No, it is exactly opposite the Huay Yai Road. It's on the water/west side. You need to turn right coming from Pattaya, not left.

It's in a fishing village.

ChangFai, on 13 Mar 2013 - 02:34, said:

craigt3365, on 12 Mar 2013 - 23:48, said:

Jiu-Jitsu, on 12 Mar 2013 - 17:02, said:

Yes, at the mouth of the canal.

It is not on the Huay Yai Road. It is at the end of the Lieap Hat Chom Tien Road which is on the west side of Sukhumwit. Huay Yai is on the east side.

Map here

The best and freshest Seafood Restaurants around pattaya will either be the High Priced places in Pattaya/Jomtien or more relaxed less expensive Restaurants on the Waterfront or Beaches further south than Jomtien in NaJomtien (Ban Amphur, Bang Saray, or Sattahip).

Preecha's in Ban Amphur is fantastic. And very reasonable.

I eat there alot and its always good and consistent

May as well mention The View. The location is quite nice. You can eat right on the sand. A house band plays most nights. Food is a bit pricey and can be hit and miss. But I think it's worth a shot. Just before the Ambassador and after the Huay Yai traffic light. Very nice facility.

Not too far from there is The Glass House. Again, right on the beach. It's a bit of a Thai hi-so meeting place. Food is very expensive. But they play jazz music, dress nicely, and the location is great. Benches with pillows to relax and watch the sea. I've been there for drinks and it was quite nice. It's a bit harder to find but there are signs on Suk. Do the U turn at the Sign for The View and it's the turn just past the Shell station. A soi before the Pinnacle resort.

I'd also recommend Drifters, but not sure when they will open again. It's like an old beach shack (in design) that's right on the water with bar stools so you can watch the sea. Great pizza. The place next door is open and has a very nice outdoor patio. Again, right on the beach. We ate here last week and the pizza and seafood were quite good. These places are north of the Glass House a bit, near the Pinnacle resort. Several restaurants there on the beach also, but can be hit and miss.