Flight Booking Scam

rayfork

Today, I believed I had booked a round trip to the Philipinnes with Philipinnes Airline using a website, of a travel agency, by booking online with my bank card details. Later, I received an email message to say my ticket booking had been cancelled and 'Please phone _________ in case of a problem'. I phoned, had a reply to say that there was no response from me - call again. Called again, same reply. A scam - beware.

Edited by Mario2008
name removed per forum rules

One reason I usually book directly via the airline. I've had many problems in the past booking via online agents. Nice to be able to talk directly to a representative while you're at the airport if you have issues with your tickets. Even gotten a few free upgrades that way! wink.png

Can't see the point in using the website of a travel agency.

Use a travel agent, fine. Use an airline website, fine.

Use a travel agent website? No chance. How do you even know if there's bricks and mortar?

Why would anyone in this day and age not book directly from the site OR at least visit the agent, pay the ticket and before leaving call the airline and confirm your tickets.

Whatever your problem, you have no sympathy. Cant begin to tell you how dodgy buying a ticket here was decades ago.

23 posts, maybe a troll. Esp he has not returned to comment on the incomprehensible post and the issue itself.

Dont feed the trolls

Edited by bangkokburning