Songkran: Thai Interior Ministry On Course To Launch Anti-Road Accident Campaign

webfact

It's their country and their holiday, if you don't like it go home! As far as the carnage on the highways, best to stay home. Our village always has things scheduled for people to stay close to home. Remember this is Thailand not the USA, England, Germany, etc etc, as the saying goes, love it or leave it!

It's their country and their holiday, if you don't like it go home! As far as the carnage on the highways, best to stay home. Our village always has things scheduled for people to stay close to home. Remember this is Thailand not the USA, England, Germany, etc etc, as the saying goes, love it or leave it!

Your reply is part negative, go HOME you said, it is my home and we comment here because that is what TVF is for, I have heard this (if you don't like it go home) so many times, it is becoming sick to read.

• Like 2

Your reply is part negative, go HOME you said, it is my home and we comment here because that is what TVF is for, I have heard this (if you don't like it go home) so many times, it is becoming sick to read.
Are you Thai? If not and you dislike it here and the way Thai people do things go back where you came from or shut TFU.

Another pathetic narcissistic public servant claiming headlines for personal gain for his family album. He should therefore take responsibility for equal or more deaths that last year if he claims he can resolve that. If not, tender his resignation or will he just pass this off just simply another case of Mai Pen Rai?

Edited by Locationthailand

Are you Thai? If not and you dislike it here and the way Thai people do things go back where you came from or shut TFU.
I think you missed the part where he said Thailand is his home.

With apologies to Bob...

How many times must the buckets be tossed

Before they're forever banned?

How many deaths will it take till he knows

His life is worthless as sand?

Yes 'n how many roads must a man walk down

Before he learns this law of the land?

The answer, my friend, is 'mai pen rai'

The answer is 'mai pen rai'

So you agree that Americans have the right to shoot schoolchildren and no-one should comment?

No comments on under age sex and prostitution or vote buying?

get real.

Will you say the same if a member of your family dies this SadKran?

Edited by Soi Sauce

If Thai's and some visitors would stop using vehicles as toys as
they drunkenly and recklessly drive around, a lot of lives would be
saved.

The government should make it illegal during sonkran for people to
load up the back of pickups with people, (its illegal already to put
non seated passengers in the back of a truck)

Unfortunately any so called crackdown is just a way for the very
crooked and inept police to make even more money.

bah.gif

• Like 2

As Thailand is short of water in many places including my local reservoir. You can see the grass growing from the edge of the reservoir toward the centre,

I thought they would have cancelled Songran this year owing to the shortage of water. I suppose missing wetting everyone would be a great disappointment and they would rather go without water to shower etcetera,

No, they will just transport filthy:D klong and river water and throw it in yer face

When I first came here over ten years ago, I thought it was great fun, chucking water over people, after a few years I didn't see the point anymore and thought it was actually quite stupid and dangerous. Now, I don't whinge as Thais will be Thais and it is very difficult to change anything with these people. so now, for Songkran, I avoid it, I wouldn't go out on a motorbike if I was paid, I don't even like taking the car out as they blind you. It is a pain in the ass, but it is their "tradition" Who am I to change it - The Grinch that ruined Christmas?

What would be interesting would be to know what the law would be if say some group of idiots blinded me with buckets of water whilst driving my pickup and I ran over and killed / maimed them all? Would I be at fault or could I be accused of assisted Darwinism? Believe me, it is tempting!

I suppose it could be fun firing water pistols from the pickup cab - but does Sulphuric Acid react badly with plastic pistols or would Haiter Bleach be better?

You have lived here long enough to know that there is no rule of law in this country .

saved.

bah.gif

i thought it was allready illigal to have people in the back allready , heard a fw days ago that the backseat of my vigo smartcab that it is not allowed to have passengers sitting there

When I first came here over ten years ago, I thought it was great fun, chucking water over people, after a few years I didn't see the point anymore and thought it was actually quite stupid and dangerous. Now, I don't whinge as Thais will be Thais and it is very difficult to change anything with these people. so now, for Songkran, I avoid it, I wouldn't go out on a motorbike if I was paid, I don't even like taking the car out as they blind you. It is a pain in the ass, but it is their "tradition" Who am I to change it - The Grinch that ruined Christmas?

What would be interesting would be to know what the law would be if say some group of idiots blinded me with buckets of water whilst driving my pickup and I ran over and killed / maimed them all? Would I be at fault or could I be accused of assisted Darwinism? Believe me, it is tempting!

I suppose it could be fun firing water pistols from the pickup cab - but does Sulphuric Acid react badly with plastic pistols or would Haiter Bleach be better?

You have lived here long enough to know that there is no rule of law in this country .

maybe fill up a fire extinguisher with quicklime

i reccon do not do this or any of the other if one is annoyed by the way the thai celebrate just keep out of harms way

i do agree that throwing water in the roads is a risky thing to do

Edited by retell

wai2.gif

"Mr. Wiboon added that Interior Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan has

expressed concern over the safety of holidaymakers during the Songkran

festival and instructed all related offices throughout the country to

integrate preventive measures to minimize the number of road accidents

this year.

What measures?

"Moreover, the Interior Ministry is now collaborating with all Buddhist

temples nationwide to actively and seriously promote serene and

traditional Songkran celebration and activities on their grounds, said

the Permanent Secretary for Interior"

How will that help the road carnage?

The only connection between the Temple and the road carnage is the funeral rite. I guess he is calling for a "serene and traditional" celebration of the various dead people's lives. NO NEED the monks have this covered - they always perform serenely and traditionally. But why bring the monks into this.wai2.gif

Big paydays ahead for the monks. They collect big time for attendance at funerals.

saved.

bah.gif

Nearly every day I see pickups loaded down with people, seemingly manual workers from building sites, all standing up. I guess they must be Cambodians, they don't count as people do they?

saved.

bah.gif

i thought it was allready illigal to have people in the back allready , heard a fw days ago that the backseat of my vigo smartcab that it is not allowed to have passengers sitting there

Yes its illegal and has been for as

long as I have been in Thailand (30 years now) the problem is the

police, they don’t want to enforce the law in a normal manner but

instead want to pick the areas where they can make an easy couple of

hundred Baht. The police in Thailand don’t have any honor, respect

or professionalism.