Rent A Motorcycle On Ko Chang?

Is it possible to rent one on the island?

We have three days holiday for Songkran on Ko Chang and I think renting a bike might be the best way to get around the island.

Any recommendations for a good deal on rentals would be appreciated.

Thanks for any advice guys.

Tilted Grin, on 14 Mar 2013 - 03:50, said:

Cheers mate...I will keep this in mind!

Prepare to get really wet riding anywhere during Songkran. The island fills up with Bangkokians too...

Thanks for the heads-up but I guess getting soaked with water doesn't sound like a bad thing given that it is the hottest time of the year in Thailand.

Prepare to get really wet riding anywhere during Songkran. The island fills up with Bangkokians too...

Thanks for the heads-up but I guess getting soaked with water doesn't sound like a bad thing given that it is the hottest time of the year in Thailand.

Yes it is but the roads are wet too makes it pretty dangerous in curvy declines on the islands.

Getting wet is okay...it's the ice cubes that cause the damage tongue.png

I hope you take the warning about hiring motorbikes seriously. I was their about a month ago & within an hour or so two Western couples on bikes lost control in front of me when driving, luckily they were not seriously hurt. The owner of my guest house told me that in 2011 their were 52 deaths on Koh Chang with motorbike drivers/passengers (locals and tourists)

Local baht bus taxis are cheap and are frequent.

I did this many times renting 2 yamaha mio s they are the most easy to handle .

We payed 600 baht a day for them talking 2009 and 10 here.

You get them with a dem tang when you bring it back you need to pay the fuel wich go in there again.

They also run service pick it up at the resort I think the hole thing is relaxed but they will need a thai driver license if not possible another one

or a pasport.

So you come back with it

And about the danger you have to drive slow where people are thats al

The beauty of it is you can not get lost its one long round way up to the last 100 meter there it stops so you can not drive around al the way

only on foot.

Along the road there are many wine bottle fuel sellers so running out of it is almost impossible to.

I wouldn t recomend hiring a Harley Davidson this is possible to

Edited by roadrunner300

Is there large (as in +1000cc) choppers for rent on koh chang ?

Al I know big bikes are for rent there for more info you should go to the farang biker cafe /restaurant .

I forgot the name but its easy to find comming from the ferry turn right go over the mountains then after 10 km or so its on the left side