Where Do Normal People Go Out?

WinnieTheKhwai

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Normal People" don't live in Pattaya cheesy.gif

"Normal People" live in the Western World

I should have said 'Normal Thai people', but yes.

A lot of Thai people hang out in the various bars up and down 3rd road. A few nice ones where the traffic light is between Central and North Pattaya roads.

Yes a few there mostly clubs differ etc, one bar is quite nice called easy corner

If it is music and good company the OP seeks, if he has dropped by the TQ in the afternoon whilst on his errands, he should know that it is perfectly safe to take his wife there for some good company, cold beers, good pours on spirits, no hassle ladies and of course, fine rock 'n' roll.

....after 8 PM!

If it is music and good company the OP seeks, if he has dropped by the TQ in the afternoon whilst on his errands, he should know that it is perfectly safe to take his wife there for some good company, cold beers, good pours on spirits, no hassle ladies and of course, fine rock 'n' roll.

....after 8 PM!

+1. Great intro to the go-go scene. Music has improved lately (less of the annoying pseudo-heavy-metal wannabe) and as always is played at decent volume so that you don't need earplugs and can actually talk if so desired.

What about that jazz place near PLC on 2nd Rd.? Is that still there?

Not sure whether to even bother replying to this but what the hell.

Define "normal" people? Are peolpe working in the tourism industry lower than others?

Do you consider yourself high class?

Calm yourself there. The OP knows all about the less salubrious aspects of what passes for entertainment in Pattaya. I think he is seeking a nice night out with his better half that avoids the tourist traps and fleshpots.

Indeed, its quite obvious that the Op doesn't want to take his wife somewhere she might feel uncomfortable.. Normal people is an unfortunate phrase with further implications if we try to look too deeply into its meaning, but for the sake of common sense its not difficult to understand exactly what the Op is getting at.

I'm sure many forum members may visit Pattaya at some point with their respectable other halves and wish to relax and enjoy themselves in an appropriate environment...

This thread will provide some useful information if those of a small mind can avoid blowing minor points out of proportion and derailing the thread.

My input: There is a large Open Air sea-food eatery called 'Mum Aroi' - its very popular with many Thai's and Westerns and feels like a very 'normal' place to eat.. I'd be stuck to find 'appropriate / normal' night life though..

You dudes forget your Bi-Polar meds this morning. Good Grief.

There is a great Steak House called Manhattans on Thipaya Road. Expensive, but worth it. Probably too much for the un-normal folks however.

A few off topic posts have been removed from view.

There are lots of places to visit that would fit your requirements. Try the Purple Space Monkey, Hard Rock, Gullivers, Green Tree, Moon River Pub. I like the beer garden on the right just before you enter walking street. Leo's Blues bar has a pretty regular group visiting there. Though not all would be called "normal" w00t.gif Just kidding. Leo is a great guy.

If you are looking for something to do tonight, there's a charity event at The Village on Suk and Chayiapruek for a local musician. Should be some good music to listen to and lots of others there to help support Andre and his family.

https://www.facebook.com/events/355903001189173/

I`ve been to all the places mentioned there( middle paragraph) and think any would be suitable.

Despite living in naklua and Purple Space Monkey being the furthest away, for me it just edged out the others.

Hard Rock bottom of the list, all the others in between depending on personal taste.

I`ve also been in some of the Thai bars along 3rd Road, forgotten the names but busy and friendly, never had any problem there

A post has been removed due to a violation of forum rules. Specifically:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

wai2.gif

A few off topic posts have been removed from view.

There are lots of places to visit that would fit your requirements. Try the Purple Space Monkey, Hard Rock, Gullivers, Green Tree, Moon River Pub. I like the beer garden on the right just before you enter walking street. Leo's Blues bar has a pretty regular group visiting there. Though not all would be called "normal" w00t.gif Just kidding. Leo is a great guy.

If you are looking for something to do tonight, there's a charity event at The Village on Suk and Chayiapruek for a local musician. Should be some good music to listen to and lots of others there to help support Andre and his family.

https://www.facebook.com/events/355903001189173/

I would agree. The Pattaya Beer Garden is just a nice place for a nice dinner. Can't recall if they ever have music, but they have the ambience. Staff is very professional, which means a lot to me.

I am surprised nobody suggested Hopf on the beach road. A huge pub, with nice live music and great Italian food, and of course their own brewed beer. It is almost always full of people, nice atmosphere. In my opinion. And yes, there are also normal people living here like me and my gf. smile.png

Hopf is great. Packed with Thais on the weekends. No reservations, so get there early! Great music also. Love when the manager does some opera. He's fantastic.

• Like 1

I am surprised nobody suggested Hopf on the beach road. A huge pub, with nice live music and great Italian food, and of course their own brewed beer. It is almost always full of people, nice atmosphere. In my opinion. And yes, there are also normal people living here like me and my gf. smile.png

Thanks.

That is one place I`ve never been to, aware of it of course.

if anyone knows whether live music is on every night of the week or not and up until what time,I`d be grateful to know.

Cheerssmile.png

Whereabouts on Beach Road would that be, please?

I'm pretty sure it's on soi 13/1. Right on Beach Road. Here's some pics:

http://www.soidb.com/pattaya/restaurant/hopf-brew-house.html

I'm pretty sure it's on soi 13/1. Right on Beach Road. Here's some pics:

http://www.soidb.com/pattaya/restaurant/hopf-brew-house.html

Thanks, craig.

The amount of times I have been down beach road over the years and never noticed it before. We will have to pop in and give it a try when we are out next weekend.

• 1 month later...

I always take first dates to the beer Garden, then into Bamboo and see how the mood is as to where next. new dates are non bar so need to get a measure of what's acceptable and the beer garden fits the bill for me on that one along with the views and good food, so should fit the bill as a normal start to a night.

• Like 1