Moving Soon What Does Immigration Want

BB1955

Will be moving into a new house in just a few days . I know I have 24 hours to report to immigration that I have moved . What will they want to see ? Or is just doing an early 90 day report with a change in address going to take care of it . All we have now is the blue book in wifes name at this point ....

i have moved a couple of times in the last 4 years and just put the new address in the 90 day report...never been asked for proof of any kind... but when i go for yearly renewal they do ask for copy of lease, but have never cross checked it against my 90 day report...

I believe that Immigration has to be informed of any address change within 7 days?

Take your wife with any documents she may have to prove new address, go to Immigration and register your new address with them.

That`s all there is to it.

Edited by Beetlejuice

What if you move to another province? I have heard and read that the 90 day report will not work for the new address. Does one have to submit a TM 28 for the change of address to another province?

Hi,

We have moved (my thai wife, our children and myself) from Bangkok to Chiang Mai last year.

I asked Bangkok immigration if I need to do something special. The answser was no. I just need to write my new address on my next 90-days report.

So, I did my first 90-days report to CM-Immigration by mail and the first time I've been to the office was for my visa extension (based on marriage). They just needed to see our rental contract.

Requirement is to notify immigration within 24 hours of changing location.

2. Question
: What do the house-master/owner or possessor of the residence have
to do,if the alien granted temporary stay in Thailand has stayed in
his/her house/residence? (Is it possible for an agent to do for?)

Answer :
He/She (The owner of the residence) must notify (by the Form TM.30) to
the competent official Of the Immigration Office located in the same
area of that house/residence within 24 hours from the time of arrival
of the alien. However, such notification could be made in person or by
an agent or sent with completed Form( TM.30) by registered post.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=faq

Form for Aliens to Notify Their Change of Address or Their Stay in the Province over 24 Hours (TM.28)

What if you move to another province? I have heard and read that the 90 day report will not work for the new address. Does one have to submit a TM 28 for the change of address to another province?

I just moved to Nan province and was told by Nan immigration to report my new address on the due date of my 90 day report. No need to report it as soon as the move is made according to them

Last time we moved (across town) I went to Immigration to report the address change and they acted like I was crazy for coming before the 90 day report was due. Wouldn't give me any form or information about how to file. Acted like they didn't know it was a requirement to report within 24 hrs of moving.

Well I just got back from Immigration and it was a BREEZE ..... Did my 90 day report then went back to Investigations and filled out an address change form total time less than 10 minutes ! Simple process and have a receipt to boot ,,

Well I just got back from Immigration also, it took me ten minutes of asking/to figure out what the new set up was, a further fifteen minutes waiting in line for a number, five more minutes to fill out the "correct form", a further fifteen minutes wating in line to see the same person again with the correct form (bad Immigration web site for lying to me), a trip out back to get two photo's (not one, two), fifteen minutes in the same line again, all to be told to pick up my certifciate of residence tommorow at 3PM, just so that I can spend 1 mill baht here and buy a new car, I ask you!

Well I just got back from Immigration also, it took me ten minutes of asking/to figure out what the new set up was, a further fifteen minutes waiting in line for a number, five more minutes to fill out the "correct form", a further fifteen minutes wating in line to see the same person again with the correct form (bad Immigration web site for lying to me), a trip out back to get two photo's (not one, two), fifteen minutes in the same line again, all to be told to pick up my certifciate of residence tommorow at 3PM, just so that I can spend 1 mill baht here and buy a new car, I ask you!

For some it's a breeze and some it's a storm. biggrin.png

A hint: Take what they say they require and multiply it by at least two. That's my policy anyway. wink.png