Motorcycle Track Suits

loserlazer

I was on a two day track training event this weekend and i liked it.

I need to buy a one piece leather suit as it was like riding naked although my street gear is not bad.

I know all brands but i am not sure which one is good and which one is bad.

Found a komine for a good price but i have less knowledge on this and do not want to buy something without any ideas.

What are your recommendations?

If you have one piece leather - or textile - suit or any track gear, which brand and why?

Thanks in advance and respect for all your answers.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to buy & wear Teknic in full suits,Boots & gloves

http://www.teknicgear.com/

All good stuff & I think available in BKK

Dainese for everything else street etc their track stuff is great I'm sure

but was too expensive for me back then sad.png

I Still buy Dainese now for street

Komine stuff I see online looks fine but never seen it up close

Rev'it looks good too?

Fit & availability will probably be your deciding factor. Look for quality in the zippers (YKK )

& of course the stitching

If your not going to be on the track for racing & just doing the odd track day you might consider two piece

If you get or have a good jacket already it probably has armor & a pocket for the back protector

as my Dainese does.

But it also has a full circumference zipper inside the waist to attach a set of pants

So that may be an option for you especially if you already have a good jacket & just thinking of the odd track day.

But again, tracks are very addictive so you might end up there often wink.png

PS: Track will be leather for sure. Textile is ok for street but I do not think you will find a full textile suit

or even textile pants that allow sliders. ( I could be wrong )

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Well i got this one

P1040648_zps2239facc.jpg

20130115_135653.jpg

The main reason was price. I forget exactly but under $400 plus shipping and customs. I did read the reviews and its a quality suit. Much better suits can be gotten but i needed to realize this is something i may use 12 times a year i hope. I looked at dianese in thailand and there is no f@&kin way i will pay those prices. I am not sure the suits you see in 320sp and those shop are legit. The ones at paddock might be your best bet if your not going to import.

I need to get on the track as bira is less them 5 minutes from my casa.

• Like 2

Have a look on mocyc.com

Blacksteed do RST stuff. You will find quality stuff at Panda Rider. Maybe look at a 2 piece then you can use it for touring as well. Perforated is a must.

Komine is good if it fits you. My perforated leather jacket is Komine (but a large size,surprisingly)

• Like 1

Well i got this one

P1040648_zps2239facc.jpg

20130115_135653.jpg

The main reason was price. I forget exactly but under $400 plus shipping and customs. I did read the reviews and its a quality suit. Much better suits can be gotten but i needed to realize this is something i may use 12 times a year i hope. I looked at dianese in thailand and there is no f@&kin way i will pay those prices. I am not sure the suits you see in 320sp and those shop are legit. The ones at paddock might be your best bet if your not going to import.

nice suit and even nicer bike. I especially like the flip flop - leather combo clap2.gif , sorry, just couldn't resist

• Like 1

If u think u gonna be serious about the track get a full leather suit from somewhere like Paddock. I wasn't sure how much i was gonna get into it, so bought a pair of Alpine Star leather pants and wore my Komine jacket for 12 months. I ended up getting a one piece suit in the end though. You can get knee protectors with a knee slider attached, this is a budget option and perfect until you sure u wanna spend 30K or so on a one piece suit.

cheers

DM

• Like 1

If u think u gonna be serious about the track get a full leather suit from somewhere like Paddock. I wasn't sure how much i was gonna get into it, so bought a pair of Alpine Star leather pants and wore my Komine jacket for 12 months. I ended up getting a one piece suit in the end though. You can get knee protectors with a knee slider attached, this is a budget option and perfect until you sure u wanna spend 30K or so on a one piece suit.

cheers

DM

30,000 would be cheap for a brand name suit here in thailand.

i have seen komine s41 for 12.000 thb and s42 full leather for 19.500 thb in paddock. But komine s41 is from 2009 so an old model. does it matter?

they have alpine starts charger model suit for 19.500 thb too.

I do not want to pay more than 20 k now for it.

Guys at the even said no to Alpine starts and recommended me dainese, revit and bks but way too expensive in Thailand. starting from 32 k.

I am also considering a combi warrior suit as i can use the jacket sometime. revit has a good combi suit for 29 k, i might go for that. but 12k thb for a komine jacket sounds tempting, it looks cool and is the same red like my bike.

photos are komine s41, komine s42, alpinestars charger, rev it warrior two piece combi suit respectively.

post-114750-0-66965300-1363580799_thumb.

post-114750-0-00813800-1363580814_thumb.

post-114750-0-54374100-1363580830_thumb.

post-114750-0-63692400-1363581616_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

Well i got this one

P1040648_zps2239facc.jpg

20130115_135653.jpg

yankee, we can organize a day at the bira track with some more TV members one day, i hope soon, why not?smile.png

Go and check out the komine one at Paddock. Check it closely all along the stitching. Check the lining. The only problem with 2009 may be the leather has got a bit hard. But I think a good leather treatment would sort that. Maybe someone with more experience with leather will give advice. Oh on a side note. Does any one know where to get leather cleaned.

I would recommend a careful inspection. I wont buy komine as it is a unknown brand to me. This probably doesnt make sense but if its not sold in the usa i have concerns of its quality. I looked fro reviews but couldnt find any. I have gotten good at spotting copies but with a unknown brand who knows?

fyi i just bought some nice alpine star copy pant at kawasaki big bike this afternoon. Dont think my ass will be protected in aslide.

Well i got this one

P1040648_zps2239facc.jpg

20130115_135653.jpg

that bike looks mean ,you been playing with the lights at the back ,seems to be a wire hanging around or you have got a black mark on your car door

Well i got this one

P1040648_zps2239facc.jpg

20130115_135653.jpg

I hope those thongs are aerodynamically stable at the 270kph speed your bike is capable of. biggrin.png

Well i got this one

P1040648_zps2239facc.jpg

20130115_135653.jpg

Love the sandals!

Are you looking for a track-day-only suit, or one that will be good on the street as well? Track-oriented suits are very uncomfortable off the bike (and they're often tight and hot on the bike, even if they're ventilated) and have a very aggressive pre-shape that makes it difficult to stand upright when you dismount- they're geared more toward being worn for sessions of anywhere from 20-45 minutes- depending on your budget, they usually run over $1000 (unless you can find a discontinued model where you could save a bit). Alpinestars (Atem suit), Dainese (Laguna Seca Pro), and Spidi (Track Wind Pro) all make great examples (as do several other companies).

Alpinestars has just come out with 2 new suits that will work well on the track but are also built with longer street riding sessions in mind- the Motegi and the Orbiter (I'm planning on ordering the Orbiter)- they run $799 and $899 respectively- they both have a lot of stretch panels and are designed to be more comfortable off the bike as well as on it, while still offering a very high level of protection, and have excellent perforation. The new Dianese Crono suit at $999 is also a good, lightweight suit.

Note that your measurements (height, weight, chest, waist, hips, etc) will also have an effect on which brands fit you best, as some are cut more for certain body types (have someone measure you- don't guess at your size)- you don't want a suit that's too loose- tighter is usually better as it will break in over time (though if you're tall and thin you might have trouble finding a properly-fitting one-piece suit unless you go the custom route).

Import tariffs will probably add 30% to the price if you have a suit shipped to Thailand, but that will often still be better than buying one from a local shop- having someone bring it in for you is always the best option, of course.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 2

Are you looking for a track-day-only suit, or one that will be good on the street as well? Track-oriented suits are very uncomfortable off the bike (and they're often tight and hot on the bike, even if they're ventilated) and have a very aggressive pre-shape that makes it difficult to stand upright when you dismount- they're geared more toward being worn for sessions of anywhere from 20-45 minutes- depending on your budget, they usually run over $1000 (unless you can find a discontinued model where you could save a bit). Alpinestars (Atem suit), Dainese (Laguna Seca Pro), and Spidi (Track Wind Pro) all make great examples (as do several other companies).

Alpinestars has just come out with 2 new suits that will work well on the track but are also built with longer street riding sessions in mind- the Motegi and the Orbiter (I'm planning on ordering the Orbiter)- they run $799 and $899 respectively- they both have a lot of stretch panels and are designed to be more comfortable off the bike as well as on it, while still offering a very high level of protection, and have excellent perforation. The new Dianese Crono suit at $999 is also a good, lightweight suit.

Note that your measurements (height, weight, chest, waist, hips, etc) will also have an effect on which brands fit you best, as some are cut more for certain body types (have someone measure you- don't guess at your size)- you don't want a suit that's too loose- tighter is usually better as it will break in over time (though if you're tall and thin you might have trouble finding a properly-fitting one-piece suit unless you go the custom route).

Import tariffs will probably add 30% to the price if you have a suit shipped to Thailand, but that will often still be better than buying one from a local shop- having someone bring it in for you is always the best option, of course.

thanks rubbersidedown, a fine contribution in your first post, welcome.

I am also inclining towards a suit that i can use in my daily life too sometime.

I have noticed Revit Warrior combi two piece suit in Panda Rider which looks reasonable too. for 30 k

I love dainese laguna seca pro especially black/red model but pricey here in Thailand. Looks really great and safe. i will check Crono as well this weekend or maybe today as i am getting impatientlaugh.png

They have alpinestar motegi in paddock looks good too. but most reasonable there is Alpine Charger suit - 19 k - and Komine s41 - 12k.

I will come to a conclusion today i hope!

Edited by loserlazer

Did you end up getting a suit? The Charger suit is a good choice for Thailand as it has an excellent perforation pattern, but it doesn't have the newest Alpinestars armor (it came out about 4 years ago)- 19K isn't a bad price for here- when they were sold on close-out they were still about $550 in the US, which is close.

In the end, you will probably be happier spending a bit more to get what you want (if you really love the Laguna Seca Pro, get it- you might not love it as much after wearing it for over an hour, though- you have to make a smart choice based on your intended use- I know looking cool means a lot- I often fall into that trap as well;))- if you can keep off the pavement, a good suit can last for several years.

I just ordered the Orbiter suit (in black/white/red- I like to stick with mostly white as it runs the coolest, though it tends to get dirty) with the Alpinestars Bionic Race back protector (which uses their snap-in system) and the Bionic Freeride shorts (which will not only add protection in the hip area, but will also help fill the lower half of the suit out as my tall frame and narrow hips won't make for the best off-the-rack fit)- not sure if I can post a pic or link with so few posts but I'll try:

post-176811-0-83011900-1363910189_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

Did you end up getting a suit? The Charger suit is a good choice for Thailand as it has an excellent perforation pattern, but it doesn't have the newest Alpinestars armor (it came out about 4 years ago)- 19K isn't a bad price for here- when they were sold on close-out they were still about $550 in the US, which is close.

In the end, you will probably be happier spending a bit more to get what you want (if you really love the Laguna Seca Pro, get it- you might not love it as much after wearing it for over an hour, though- you have to make a smart choice based on your intended use- I know looking cool means a lot- I often fall into that trap as well;))- if you can keep off the pavement, a good suit can last for several years.

I just ordered the Orbiter suit (in black/white/red- I like to stick with mostly white as it runs the coolest, though it tends to get dirty) with the Alpinestars Bionic Race back protector (which uses their snap-in system) and the Bionic Freeride shorts (which will not only add protection in the hip area, but will also help fill the lower half of the suit out as my tall frame and narrow hips won't make for the best off-the-rack fit)- not sure if I can post a pic or link with so few posts but I'll try:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I could not buy one yet, bust nowadays with work.

i went paddock bangkok yesterday and alpinestar charger suit there but they are out of size for me:(, good price and good quality. I have seen rc1 and motegi and motegi is really cool.

I looked at spidi as well but mostly out of size again. they have wind pro rr and wind pro t2 for my size and they are also good products.

I checked one komine suit for 18k and although it is from Japan and good quality with titanium protectors, it is not full leather. yes most crucial parts are leather - 70 percent of the suit - and the rest is a good textile mesh. I am not sure how it protects though.

Tomorrow, i will check dainese saguna leca in daniese dealer as i liked the black one.

Besides will check revit warrior two piece suit at Panda rider also tomorrow. I do not want to buy something cheap but do not want to fork out an unreasonable amount for an overpriced product double the price of Europe too, i am sure i can catch a balance.

Want to buy and finalize this purchase tomorrow for sure and maybe head to BIRA on Sunday to catch up with some friends.

Edited by loserlazer

You won't have to pay double if you order a suit- you can find most of them with free international shipping on eBay, and Thai customs will hit you up for about 30% of the declared value- i.e. you can get the Motegi suit for $799 shipped, and you'll get hit for another $240 or so, which is about 30K baht (the baht is pretty strong at the moment)- how much is it at Paddock? Of course, that will mean possible size issues, so you will need to be sure of what will fit you if you go that route. The cheapest Laguna Seca Pro I've seen is just under $1000 shipped ($922 + $62 shipping direct from Italy), so it's probably 38K to get it here (and you have the advantage of being able to try one on at the Dainese shop first).

• Like 2

Maybe you could try the Dianese shop, about 100m before Honda Big Wing Bkk, someone told me yesterday that they have a sale on, 70% off.

i will be there tomorrow afternoon, thanks for the information mcknife.

last time when i passed from dainese shop - a week ago - , it was closed maybe they are closing their shop? i will check that out tomorrow.

Maybe you could try the Dianese shop, about 100m before Honda Big Wing Bkk, someone told me yesterday that they have a sale on, 70% off.

At 70% off im going there please let us know if that is the case.

i will inform you guys here, no worries yankee.

that is great mania, thanks for the links. I will check them out.

You won't have to pay double if you order a suit- you can find most of them with free international shipping on eBay, and Thai customs will hit you up for about 30% of the declared value- i.e. you can get the Motegi suit for $799 shipped, and you'll get hit for another $240 or so, which is about 30K baht (the baht is pretty strong at the moment)- how much is it at Paddock? Of course, that will mean possible size issues, so you will need to be sure of what will fit you if you go that route. The cheapest Laguna Seca Pro I've seen is just under $1000 shipped ($922 + $62 shipping direct from Italy), so it's probably 38K to get it here (and you have the advantage of being able to try one on at the Dainese shop first).

Motegi is 31 k thb in paddock so nearly the same price if we bring it from abroad.

Laguna Seca is great man.

And revit warrior, not many options left.

What do you say guys about 70 percent leather and 30 percent komine s 42? it really looks good and has good titanium protectors as well and crucial parts are leather for 19 k and definitely i can get it for 17 k as i know the owner for some time.

post-114750-0-86946400-1363935877_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

All the suits look ok to me think you need to start trying some on as slot is about how comfortable they are to wear.

What about boots ll the suits look a bit silly On without the boots....lol ....it's never ending once you buy the bike aftermarket parts safety gear etc =spend spend spend,the misses is always complaining the bike is the only thing I ever spend money on,just need to convince her now that's my mates gps is a bargain for 8000 bht,then after that need to start talking about the gopro camera......lol

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1