Long Term Scooter Rental?

Ambrosia

Rates are nowhere near that level Hans. general long term hire rates are now circa 2500bt/month for honda click/yam mio autos; you can get 135 Nuovos, and the new finos, scoopy for 3000bt month.

but I am surprised to see the 150PCX at a whopping 6k a month.

every bike rental now is overstocked with bikes so its a good time to get one, shop around and find one that DOES NOT REQUEST YOUR PASSPORT as security, photocopies are acceptable in several places.

Before I bought my MC, I got my monthly rental from a very large shop located outside the Chiang Mai (south) gate. You go past the gate to the outside of the moat and cross the street. Go to the right for a short distance, then make an immediate left. Go down Suriyawang Rd. for about 100 meters until you the sidewalk filled with loads of MCs. I got a Click for 2400B/month last November. It included the minimum insurance.

North Wheels on the moat was very professional, and even gave me a credit voucher when I turned my bike in early.

Not cheap, but totally on the up and up.

If you're renting for more than three months, just buy one. You'll never lose as much as the rental price when you resell. Often, you lose nothing.

I think you can find a Honda Wave 100 to rent longer term for 1500 baht a month plus a few thousand baht deposit in place of leaving your passport.

There is a guy near the juice hut on the road in side the moat that lines up with Loy Kroh road.

Buying a used bike however and it will break even well under 2 years of renting and then big savings after that.

I think you can find a Honda Wave 100 to rent longer term for 1500 baht a month plus a few thousand baht deposit in place of leaving your passport.

There is a guy near the juice hut on the road in side the moat that lines up with Loy Kroh road.

Buying a used bike however and it will break even well under 2 years of renting and then big savings after that.

A friend bought a Dream for 14,000, drove it for four months, and sold it for 13,000. This happened within the last six months.

A friend bought a Dream for 14,000, drove it for four months, and sold it for 13,000. This happened within the last six months.

That's even better.

However if you fork out 14k plus insurance, some repairs and maintenance costs, registration and residency cert then you have spent more like 18-20k and that would be more about 9-10 months @ 2000 baht per month.

A lot of 14k m/c's btw are quite a downgrade from something you would want to rent.

Totally agree its a no brainer if you consider resale. Plus not having to visit the rental guy to pay and get maintenance every month.