Close Shaves In Thailand ..... Whose Had One, Or More?

pattayadingo

Riding my motorcycle in Downtown bangkok when the radiator cooling hose burst underneath the seat spraying scalding hot coolant all over my ass. I thought that the bike had caught fire and dumped it on its side. The green buses of death behind me managed to stop in time to avoid running into me (more appropriately the bike as I initially thought it was gasoline and was scared it might explode).

I posted pictures of my charred and swolen ass on the TV motorcycle forum. I was informed by the motorcycle forum never to do it again.

Anyone wanna see pictures of my charred and swollen ass?

Is that the excuse you are using for the run-in with the lady boy? ;)

• Like 1

I got caught in a storm while fishing out on a small boat off Ko Samet. That wasn't fun!!! Thankfully one of the ferries passed us and threw us a line. We managed to clamber on board and they towed the boat in behind....

Careful there .... accepting a line gives them salvage rights.

You should throw them a line to avoid that problem.

I got caught in a storm while fishing out on a small boat off Ko Samet. That wasn't fun!!! Thankfully one of the ferries passed us and threw us a line. We managed to clamber on board and they towed the boat in behind....

I've been in some trouble in the U.K. with a couple of boats I've had, fishing out at sea. Very grateful to the R.N.L.I. for assistance in rough weather with an engine breakdown in the past.

Always a great relief to see a helping hand when out on the sea / ocean and in trouble.

Careful there .... accepting a line gives them salvage rights.

You should throw them a line to avoid that problem.

Weren't my boat Tommo....and the lad who saved us was the pilot's brother in law...

I once had a close call in Patong when I was accosted by a drunk tuktuk driver. I was verbally giving it back to him as good as he was giving and then I realized that several other tuktuk drivers had gathered around just waiting for the argument to get physical. After noticing this, I smiled a big Thai style smile, shook the guys hand, turned and beat feet out of there.