Music Festival On 22Nd March Or Not?

flip

Hi!

I was reading somewhere that the music festival will take place in april instead of the coming weekend...

Is that true or not?? Because I still see all the posters around with date 22nd - 24th march on it..!

Thnks

Do they have electronic/dance music (djs) as well?

Couldn't really see this on the webpage..

And i guess only thai bands, right?

Thnks

I've only been one time, and that was to see Sek Loso. Wandered around a bit and all I saw were bands. No DJs.

In the past they've had some bands from other countries...a few...but this year looks like mostly Thai bands. The website is pretty bad and the lineup just came out a few days ago.

The gentleman who created this topic is confusing the city's April event at Bali Pier with three dance music areas with "famous" DJ's. (You'd think they would space these two events apart more.) Yes, the so called "international music festival" draws in the crowds which is great for the local Thais. Beach Rd. is a good venue to have it (more wear and tear on the couple flowers and bushes left on the beach promendade) and its free. Every year I always wonder why the city officials don't make more of an effort to have one stage for Western groups. No, I am not expecting Pit Bull or Beyonce - but some of the bands that play the hits at the local bars in BKK and Pattaya.

Where exactly is this "festival" taking place? Have been down to Beach Road the last couple of evenings and of course it's just a chaotic street market as expected but the only sign of music I noticed was a small stage in front of Central where there is often something going on anyway. Was that it?

Where exactly is this "festival" taking place? Have been down to Beach Road the last couple of evenings and of course it's just a chaotic street market as expected but the only sign of music I noticed was a small stage in front of Central where there is often something going on anyway. Was that it?

There are 3 places this year for live music. Check my link a few posts above.

Great link that, all in Thai, on the supposedly English language version of a 5* hotel website!! 4 Locations appear to be marked on the map rather than 3 but I'm really not that bothered as I won't be back down there tonight. Did appear that there was something outside Central though so I suppose that was a part of it.

Great link that, all in Thai, on the supposedly English language version of a 5* hotel website!! 4 Locations appear to be marked on the map rather than 3 but I'm really not that bothered as I won't be back down there tonight. Did appear that there was something outside Central though so I suppose that was a part of it.

Agreed. They just came out with the lineup less than a week ago! What I posted was the best description I could find. Sorry!!

Agreed. They just came out with the lineup less than a week ago! What I posted was the best description I could find. Sorry!!

I wasn't having a go at you, more at the '5*' establishment that is too lazy to translate the information before posting on its English language website. Thanks for trying to help!