What Is A Good Place To Live In Bangkok ?

Hi all :),

I lived in Ratburana (Bangprakok) for 8 months last year. Would like to return to BKK but would love to try a different location, preferable away from touristy places. I think I am looking for a place with lots of locals and a cheap location (around 8-10k THB). The MUST haves are a pool :) and Internet :)

Would be most grateful for any advice :)

Cheers,

Jack

May I suggest Pinklao?

10 mins to the Southern Bus Terminal

10 mins to the Banglampu area

30 mins bus ride to central World

great transport links (and BTS, or MRT (overhead train)not sure which is opening in the next year or so)

There are a few foreigners in Pinklao, but 99.9% Thai, its relaxed, friendly and 9000 would rent you a new condo with pool and gym......

Used to live within walking distance from Central Pinklao (about500-600m) at a place with Pool and Internet ( had to sign up with true, not included in rental price) ... Studio apartment (with Aircon) was 3,000 thb per month

http://www.tee-pak.com/en/Bangkok+noi+village

Also never had any issue with getting deposit back when I Left... Over all a good place if looking for something inexpensive with the necessary amenities and walking distance from anything you need for daily life

In addition to Central shopping mall... Major is across the street from Central and tesco lotus is next to Central, so all are within walking distance... And both movie theaters run movies with English language

Also I forgot to mention... Has a pier at the back of the apartment in case you want to take the river boats for transport

Also have minimart and a nice riverside restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by CWMcMurray

Used to live within walking distance from Central Pinklao (about500-600m) at a place with Pool and Internet ( had to sign up with true, not included in rental price) ... Studio apartment (with Aircon) was 3,000 thb per month

http://www.tee-pak.com/en/Bangkok+noi+village

Also never had any issue with getting deposit back when I Left... Over all a good place if looking for something inexpensive with the necessary amenities and walking distance from anything you need for daily life

In addition to Central shopping mall... Major is across the street from Central and tesco lotus is next to Central, so all are within walking distance... And both movie theaters run movies with English language

Also I forgot to mention... Has a pier at the back of the apartment in case you want to take the river boats for transport

Also have minimart and a nice riverside restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

sounds like a great deal