Who To Buy Health Insurance From?

pomozki

Hi, I live in Khon kaen and want health insurance - can someone recommend a good broker please?

I've already had dealings with Peter at AA Insurance, Pattaya and would like to find another broker - same company OK or another company

thanks!

thanks - I ploughed my way through that but it's full of negative stories about insurance companies in Thailand, esp AIA and Bupa, while most other posters veered off into various other tangents. I didn't notice any stories of anyone having a great experience with either a broker or company here, which is also my experience to date. Maybe it isn't worth the effort!

Maybe this recent thread will offer some more insight.http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/445668-health-insurance-warning/?hl=+reliable%20+health%20+cover

thanks - I ploughed my way through that but it's full of negative stories about insurance companies in Thailand, esp AIA and Bupa, while most other posters veered off into various other tangents. I didn't notice any stories of anyone having a great experience with either a broker or company here, which is also my experience to date. Maybe it isn't worth the effort!

Yes sadly there appears to be little in the way of positive cost effective health cover here,good luck in your quest to find it,don't forget to let us know the outcome,good luck.

Stoneyboy.

I've had in patient health insurance for my family since 2005 bought through a licensed bi-lingual dual citizen Insurance Broker Eric Dohlon. I've had perfect service through Eric for "Thai Health Insurance" and for the past five years with BUPA PLATINUM. Only once for an inpatient procedure did I pay out of pocket after the operation, but the FULL amount was direct deposited into my Thai Bank Account in less than 9 days. The reason I paid out of pocket is the private hospital in Surin Province is not part of the direct pay program with BUPA. However all the other hospitals I or my family has had IN PATIENT procedures, BUPA or THAI HEALTH INSURANCE paid the bill direct to the hospital PRIOR to patient discharge. That leaving a hospital seems to drag out, but they are just submitting paperwork to the health insurance company by FAX. Eric has guided me and my Thai wife through hospital admissions, as his ENGLISH is perfect and his Thai is perfect. The in patient would also cover an accident, and it does pay for the "follow up" within some time guidelines, for a previous covered IN patient procedure. The booklets, web sites, forms, actual insurance policy is in Thai and in English. I've paid for Health insurance via the no cost bank bill pay on line" and at no extra cost with a Capital One Visa Card. Eric WARNED me about Out patient OPD coverage or DENTAL coverage would not "pencil out" in our situation. He was 100% correct. That OPD lasted one year, it was not worthwhile. You can easily contact Eric at Insurance in Thailand dot com. He sent me via e-mail policy details to consider, suggestions and REAL prices.

That's because you hear only from the 1% of people that actually had problems. You never hear from the other 99% who are perfectly satisfied.

It's difficult not to be satisfied when your insurance pays upfront for IPD and OPD, upon simple presentation of your member card. You do not have to pay anything, and you do not have to make any claim. So unless you ask to be covered for something that is not covered by your plan, I don't see where the issue can be.

I have BUPA Thailand and have not had any problems. Over the years 2 claims, both paid directly to the hospital, no payment by me.

Be aware though that once you make a claim, if you later want to increase your level of cover, whatever the prior claim was for will be excluded. Best to get a high level of cover from the very start.

If you enroll by a certain age and don't miss any payments you are guaranteed lifetime cover. Premiums will go up as you age, of course.

• Like 1

I have BUPA Thailand and have not had any problems. Over the years 2 claims, both paid directly to the hospital, no payment by me.

Be aware though that once you make a claim, if you later want to increase your level of cover, whatever the prior claim was for will be excluded. Best to get a high level of cover from the very start.

If you enroll by a certain age and don't miss any payments you are guaranteed lifetime cover. Premiums will go up as you age, of course.

If you upgrade with any company in Thailand, pre-existing conditions that weren't exluded in your earlier coverage will most likely be excluded in the upgraded portion of your coverage. If you had the earlier coverage for more than two years, you will most likely continue to be covered for the newly discovered problems for up to the same amount you were covered for in the earlier policy.

All Thai Baht health insurance companies (regulated by the Thai govt.) will pay directly to the hospital if it isn't a government hospital and if it is on their list of authorized direct-pay private hospitals. Most of the private hospitals are on the lists and new ones are added. Finding a good hospital that the insurer will pay directly to should not be a problem.