Searching But Can't Find The Answer-Expiring Non-B Options

My 1 year, Non-Imm, Multiple-entry, B visa is expiring on April 19. What are my options? My understanding is that I can exit and re-enter on the 19th and get another 90 days. Is that correct?

I also read about people extending various visas but it is a bit confusing. Is there some way to get a new B visa or extend this one without going back to my home country (USA)?

I'm sure this has been answered on here before and I probably even got "my understanding" from here but now that the event is imminent I need some confirmation and can't seem to locate the info.

Many thanks, Peter

You can enter on April 19th and get another 90 day entry. But I would suggest you plan to it no later than the day before as a just in case measure.

Unless you are working here and have a work permit the nearest location you could possibly get another visa is Australia at one of the honorary consulates.

If you have a work permit you could possibly qualify for an extension of stay at immigration if company meets the requirements of Thai Police Order 777/2551 clause 2.1.

yes, but better is to do it on the 18th just to be sure. You will get a new 90 days.

depending on your situation you can get an extension of stay (if you have a work permit and depending on your job have an income of at least 50,000 a month, teachers for example have no minimum income requirement).

getting a new non-B visa in the region is possible, but again depends on your situation and the company you work for.

Thank you Joe and Mario for the quick response. Those 90 days should give me enough time to get to the States. I don't have a work permit but have been working for an Italian company doing production in Thailand. I have gotten my visas in Hull in the past because close to Italy. I also have an incorporated business here in Thailand. I am no longer working for the Italian company but wonder if I can get a business visa in the States based on my own incorporated company here in Thailand. Do you have any heads up on that situation? I am an east-coaster, by the way, so I think the closest Thai consulate is NYC, if I'm not mistaken. I got an ED visa there back in the day...they didn't seem particularly accommodating.

If you have a company you should be able to get a enw non-B visa. What documents you need to show depends a bit on the consulate you will be using. Generally the requirements for a single non-B are less strict as for a multiple.

it depends on the reason you apply for a non-B visa. Normally it is not that difficult to get a multiple non-B for a company that does busines to Thailand as they need to travel regularly to Thailand and normally can't get a WP/extension of stay, while someone working in Thailand is expected to simply apply for an extension of stay.

You have a Thai business doing busines with abroad. I don't know how they will regard that, they might say you are residing in Thailand and should just get an extension of stay. I would stress the need for frequent travel abroad for your business and hope for the best.

• 3 weeks later...