Senators To Sue Thaksin For Skype Orders To Party Lawmakers

webfact

Just to be a pedant he was not an elected official at that time, he was constitutionally a caretaker PM with no mandate. As to extradition, probably not, but if a serious infraction came to light with his involvement then all bets would be off. The tragedy in the South is viewed by some opponents of him and his clique as a possible Achilles heel.

But realistically I think not, but his position is not as bulletproof as some would have people believe.

To expand on this there are real legal and constitutional issues raised by his apparent flouting of the representational requirement and the organic law on the management of political parties. In my view and I am not alone there are possible charges that could be levelled, but as in a number of outstanding matters against him they would be difficult, under the existing and historic legal process to commence without his presence in Thailand.

No matter how much you tell some people the truth (as I have many times) they only believe what they want to believe,Anarchy and Terrorism is good,and Thaksin is the saviour of the people,and of course the old chestnut that he was illegally, and cruelly ejected from office by a Military Coup. I wish someone would explain: how he could have been ousted from office while in America,and no longer a PM? (at that stage he had stood down) and the Tanks rolled in to a Welcoming Reception from the People! which must have been the most welcome Hearts and Flowers Coup in World History,with not a single drop of blood spilled. It was almost the same as the "Army meets the People Day Celebration"

Now let's hear how the Puppet Master made his Bloody play to regain power,by Controlling/Paying the Red Shirts to Terrorise and hold the Bangkok people to ransom in 2010,from the safety of Cowards Bunkers Abroad, and Video Links ups! and plenty of cash for the troops,with most of them earning more money than they had ever seen in their lives. Incitement? he went way,way, further than that,

I was living Bangkok and they told everyone to take the day off. They blocked a few TV channels like CNN and BBC for awhile. That was about it. Thaksin was trying to pull some kind of illegal power play, and the army called him on it. Simple as that.

I thought they had poured blood all over the gates to government house and illegally taken possession of a business section in down town Bangkok.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem that Thailand is achieving what at least America, Great Britain, Canada and

Australia have. The appearance of democracy.

Where I come from we get to vote for either head of a two headed monster. One head gets to be more

attractive than the other at any given time, and yet the vast majority of voters still don't know these appearances are only skin deep.

One head usually represents the top end of town and the other suggests it represents the

workers.

The close to hung elections and compromise governments that have emerged in the West recently

appears to be a symptom, that the people are finding both heads really ugly.

There is a ruling class, which has most of the money and who pull the monster puppet's strings. This

maybe a group of Bankers, as in Europe or wealthy Thai/ Chinese families, as say in Thailand or in many Asian countries, there would be Chinese families behind the ruling classes, including bankers.

In all the confusion coming out of this Thaksin/ coup/ democracy (pantomime) good description, there

is a consistency of appearance suggesting a certain amount of collusion at the

top end on a "needs to know" basis. We need more politicians of the

class, for example of Tony Benn, British ex-MP, who was a whistle blower on

this system.

In the tier down from the top, a group of sometimes well meaning politicians battle it out gamely with

the ruling elite, getting nowhere.

Unfortunately in Thailand the laws prohibit criticism of certain people and possibly their affiliates.

Even the suggestion of corruption or non-democratic collusion could land you in

jail. To move any of these entrenched political systems in favour of the "actual"

people is extremely difficult and freedom of speech is essential. Thailand's

laws do not permit it.

Many Thais I speak to are quite aware of these anomalies, and regard themselves powerless to change it.

I agree there is a family who one may not name in politics but there is only one such family. There are often allusions to other families that for some reason are never named. Even though they have no more protection than the Shinawartas who are often named with out penalties.

I am beginning to believe this mysterious AMART is merely a delusion in certain peoples mind to help them justify one family and deny the actions of others.

......plus it keeps T's name and mug shot on the front of Thai newspapers, and that's what he and his lawyers want to perpetuate.

do you think it it could be the case that it is actually Thaksin behind all these charges? that he made that up all himself just to keep his name in the press?

You know the expression: "There's no such thing as bad publicity" It applies to people in the entertainment biz. That's Thaksin also. Unfortunately, unlike movie stars and rock stars, when T makes blunders (which he does often), the Thai people suffer. His latest headline-grabbing dilemmas for Thailand: The money losing 'rice buyout program' and now he's at the vanguard of advocating the soon-to-be-problematic Bt.2.2 trillion enrichment-for-old-geezers municipal program.

Just another example of "knee-jurk" reaction without any thought involved. But then, what percent of the Thai population knows how to think things through, what with the education system teaching nothing but "rote"? This will be yet another example of wasted time and money with zero positive results.

how is money wasted here?

that is part of the democratic process/ system and the senator are entitled to do so. actually every thai citizen is and if he observe something that he thinks is highly unlawful and violates the constitution it is right and duty to inform the authorities about. even more if the government is involved in perceived wrongdoings. investigate! that is check and balance.

Are you implying the A Senators are stupid and it took them 5 years to figure that out. Or B it is politically advantageous for them to bring it out now.

Which is it.

Is it A or is it B

Have you considered that it could it be on orders from Dubai to bring it up now,

Lets face it Thaksin is feeling the walls closing in on him now and is getting desperate in his attempts to take the eyes off of his wrong doings.

What hope dear senators when you as a country cannot get anyone to extradite this convicted criminal on bail jumping and inciting riots resulting in death, let alone all the cheating and fraud he is also allegedly involved in? Why not just have the loan and constitutional changes quashed by criminal association and head off to the pub to celebrate a small victory? It has to be easier from within this country for that result surely.... as thinking (dreaming) you will ever have justice served here - is folly.

No democratic country on the planet will extradite Thaksin, as he was an legally elected official, ousted by a military coup.

Really? Get your facts right - he was convicted of criminal activities which has nothing to do with his ousting, a coup or any other red shirt activity. Then he jumped bail. He has many other counts outstanding waiting for hearing, so he is able to be extradited on existing convictions and then face other charges. What don't you understand? What has this got to do with democracy?

Just another example of "knee-jurk" reaction without any thought involved. But then, what percent of the Thai population knows how to think things through, what with the education system teaching nothing but "rote"? This will be yet another example of wasted time and money with zero positive results.

how is money wasted here?

that is part of the democratic process/ system and the senator are entitled to do so. actually every thai citizen is and if he observe something that he thinks is highly unlawful and violates the constitution it is right and duty to inform the authorities about. even more if the government is involved in perceived wrongdoings. investigate! that is check and balance.

Are you implying the A Senators are stupid and it took them 5 years to figure that out. Or B it is politically advantageous for them to bring it out now.

Which is it.

Is it A or is it B

Have you considered that it could it be on orders from Dubai to bring it up now,

Lets face it Thaksin is feeling the walls closing in on him now and is getting desperate in his attempts to take the eyes off of his wrong doings.

i am implying nothing. just saying that anyone have the right to file some complaints. its a democracy. and if someone files a complaint i will not accusing him of wasting money.

and no i haven't considered that the senator will file this complaint after orders from dubai.

thats is a totally strange theory and i don't hear these little voices in my head.

What hope dear senators when you as a country cannot get anyone to extradite this convicted criminal on bail jumping and inciting riots resulting in death, let alone all the cheating and fraud he is also allegedly involved in? Why not just have the loan and constitutional changes quashed by criminal association and head off to the pub to celebrate a small victory? It has to be easier from within this country for that result surely.... as thinking (dreaming) you will ever have justice served here - is folly.

No democratic country on the planet will extradite Thaksin, as he was an legally elected official, ousted by a military coup.

Try doing some research before you post - on both the reason why he should be extradited and his actual status as the time he was removed.

Yes and then he would find out that Thaksin was caretaker PM, elections had been royally endorsed, the democrats were campaigning, Thaksin had said he would not stand for those elections and then within weeks of the election, an illegal coup overthrew the caretaker government. Would you care to argue with any of that? Well I'm sure you will, but do you have the evidence to back up your beliefs?

Already answered to Garry. Compare apples with apples. The evidence is well disclosed, known and adjudicated upon. Result being bail jumping criminals - so why do you continue to wave the 'unjust' flag? It has nothing to do with Govt, PM's or elections, coups et al. It is about a convicted crim. Would YOU care to argue with any of that?

Try doing some research before you post - on both the reason why he should be extradited and his actual status as the time he was removed.

Yes and then he would find out that Thaksin was caretaker PM, elections had been royally endorsed, the democrats were campaigning, Thaksin had said he would not stand for those elections and then within weeks of the election, an illegal coup overthrew the caretaker government. Would you care to argue with any of that? Well I'm sure you will, but do you have the evidence to back up your beliefs?

Already answered to Garry. Compare apples with apples. The evidence is well disclosed, known and adjudicated upon. Result being bail jumping criminals - so why do you continue to wave the 'unjust' flag? It has nothing to do with Govt, PM's or elections, coups et al. It is about a convicted crim. Would YOU care to argue with any of that?

Have you any idea of what you're talking about? Thaksin was convicted in 2008. The coup was in 2006. He was an unconvicted non bail jumping caretaker PM when the coup overthrew the caretaker government, as we were discussing.

What you are discussing, who knows, or frankly, cares?

Interesting that the status of Thaksin in 2006 or 2008 or whenever is related to March 2013 when senators want to sue our skyping hero. Probably the link is in the slow transformation from overstaying as (self)care taking PM via jumping bail on a (I honestly will come back after) trip to watch the Olympic Games to skying in orders how to run his country.

The senators waving the lawsuit papers around know that no legal decision will come forth. Impossible, while the clone sister and the whiskey-addled drug czar are in the power seats. It's just some grandstanding to show that not all politicians are bending over and taking it where the sun don't shine, for almighty T.

• Like 2