Non-O - 60 Day Extension Is Possible Without Showing Funds If You Have Kids

I searched and didn't see anything about 60 day extensions anywhere, so I thought I'd post this.

The background is I normally travel to the office (I work for a US company in Hong Kong) often enough that I don't hit the 90 days on my multi-entry non-O visa. I've been getting multi-entry non-Os for years...

However, at the moment, my wife's in London (as a precursor to our move back to the UK) and I'm driving my daughter to/from school every day, so I'm not able to go to the office until the school holidays, which start on the 5th April. The issue is, I've been here since just after Christmas and my usually plentiful 90 days was running out this week.

So I went to immigration to ask for a two week extension (like the 30 day ones they give to people on tourist visas), but got told with the regular tourist extension paperwork that I had with me (basically a copy of the visa, passport stamp and passport data page), I could only get 7 days.

When I mentioned I needed to stay to drive my daughter to/from school until the end of term, the nice woman at immigration asked if my daughter was Thai. Once it was confirmed she was Thai, she told me about a 60 day extension if I could show my daughter's Thai Birth Certificate and the house book with her name in it.

Quick dash home to pick up the additional pieces of paper, and print out copies (the traffic is a LOT better at lunchtime than it was in the morning), and the 2 week extension I was looking for turned into a 60 day extension that I didn't know existed...

• Like 1

I also got a 60 day extension but based on marriage.

Apparently you can extend any type of stamp for 60 days for marriage, even just a 15 day, visa exempt land border entry :)

Reckon, like you, you just need to get someone who is having a good day and knows the correct rules...

Happy days

Google lists 4,770 links on this site alone - as said you can also do for wife so good you have found it. As mentioned entry does not have to be non immigrant visa and most locations are happy to issue. Up until several years ago it was specifically limited to one time only (with no indication if that was per visit/year/lifetime and most offices did not advertise it.

From what I understood, it is limited to 1 time per entry.

So just need to do a quick border run or flight to KL and you are good to go for another 60 days extension. No limit per year...

The limit depends on the immigraiton office you use. Some do have a limit, others not.

From what I understood, it is limited to 1 time per entry.

So just need to do a quick border run or flight to KL and you are good to go for another 60 days extension. No limit per year...

The limit depends on the immigraiton office you use. Some do have a limit, others not.

Far too many things depend on, the office you use, the officer that you get, the mood that they are in etc. etc.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get this 60 day extension when visa is not completed yet? I could have 2 more entries on my multiple non-O (expiring in July) but passport has less than 6 months remaining so can't leave the country (Myanmar, Laos and Malaysia want more than 6 months validity) and not enough time to get new passport (I know...). Thanks.