Hot

bubblegum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My outdoor temperature meter show 35.4C at the moment. Normally the surrounding trees cool the air down, but now the cooler effect seems to be disabled - due there is not enough water to evaporate?

Many of the trees has dropped lot's of leaves and for the past few weeks lower branches has also dropped down.

I certainly hope that none is burning the trash outside.

Can someone explain what is happening this time of the year to the weather.

Both sides of the island, the sea seems to be in haze. Water is vaporizing making the haze. Where does this vaporized water ends up?

I could see some, very localized storm clouds over Phuket. However did not see any rain coming down. Everywhere seems to be really dry so I guess there hasn't been any occasional raining anywhere?

Currently I can hear thunders hitting the drums somewhere in distance, coming from east.

Where does the water end up going?

It been a bit windy here in Rawai the past two days and nights. It's kept the temperature down to 32-33ºC during the day with fairly low 55% humidity. We had a low of 27.4º, so I'm not complaining! It was 34-35º last week with 70 plus percent humidity, I was dripping, so was my wife. Currently about 30º. It did rain on my way to and from Central yesterday on Chao Fa West. Just a localized shower though.

We have not really had wind on the east coast. The sea was quite flat a few days ago, this was a few days ago. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dlGzlbzOgYiOTNTqDF4iftMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Sounds a bit like we have different micro climates on the island. My temperature has not dropped under 30C yet.

I'm using a wet towel to cool down. Sometimes old ways work the best, although there is a real danger I'll become a member of the Wall Mart people..

55% on the hygrometer? You mean 155%?tongue.png Hot, hot, hot, 32 and 80%. Quite nice really., if you're a banana

The humidity usually, but not always goes down during the daytime heat. I put the sprinkler on outside tonight, so my humidity is a bit higher tonight at 76%. Still about 30º though. And yes my banana tress are full of fruit, so is my freezer!

• Like 1

And yes my banana tress are full of fruit, so is my freezer!

We should create an urban game for the bored members, like me.

Carefully plan and execute break in to forum members garden. Steel few bananas or mangoes. Post a ransom note to the forum and be rewarded with an cold beer.

The banana tree owners would naturally protect their properties and would put ink bombs, sirens etc. to make the task more difficult.

Carefully plan and execute break in to forum members garden. Steel few bananas or mangoes. Post a ransom note to the forum and be rewarded with an cold beer.

The banana tree owners would naturally protect their properties and would put ink bombs, sirens etc. to make the task more difficult.

I don't think my body guard dog would like that. I doubt you would want to run into her either!

I don't think my body guard dog would like that. I doubt you would want to run into her either!

Challenges to overcome.

Few other dogs released to the garden, bag full of mice, few days to visit the place beforehand with snacks for the dogs , bratwurst with sleeping pills or a cage trap with meat inside.. that would be the preparation part :)

Challenges to overcome.

Few other dogs released to the garden, bag full of mice, few days to visit the place beforehand with snacks for the dogs , bratwurst with sleeping pills or a cage trap with meat inside.. that would be the preparation part smile.png

Throw in a few cats, and you got a party.

Waiting in anticipation for Songkran and the down pours ahead.....heat and humidity has been quite overbearing of late and even sleeping with a/c and fan is uncomfortable at times......laundries must be doing a roaring trade!!!

I went to see the northern water reservoir close to Chern Thalee. There is still plenty of water, but the water level has dropped 3-5 meters of what it was during the rain season.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/EyJeGVaERyEkXZ6O3vye8NMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

The location is beautiful and people around were nice. While I was taking photos of an eagle and was walking around a car stopped next to me to ask if I would need an ride back to the main road.

Edited by Guest

something is going on with my well water and i think it must be related to the lack of rain. 2 days ago i changed the water in my fish pond, something i do 2-3 times a week. every week, and all my fish died immediately. most of them have been in there for over 1 year without a single death.

the water smells like chlorine but i can think of no reason why chlorine could have got into the well, certainly not from the pool, i keep the chlorine well away from the well

any one else having well water problems?

The whole island has nodules of tin oxide and iron oxide under the soil. Without any rain, more of these oxides dissolve into the water and are not diluted with fresh rain-water.

I'm guessing your fish died because there was excessive oxides in the water.