Chalerm Denies Meeting Thaksin In Hong Kong

webfact

Why bother making up such stupid lies? So what if you met him? We already know you're in his pocket anyway.

What a complete <deleted>. How embarrassing to live in a country with such a deputy PM!
55555! Couldn't have put it better myself, I am in no doubt whatsoever as to how clever these Thai politician's perceive themselves to be, they do not even seem to try to cover up their corrupt practices or lies? It's almost funny! Kind'a like a Thai version of "Yes Prime Minister".
Yeah I think this is reaching the final level of arrogance, where you just say whatever you want, and actually do not care whether people believe it or not. And you are right, this man is a national embarrassment to Thailand.
  • Like 2

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Chalerm was carrying an open pair of hand-cuffs, so he could do his duty, and when he meets Thaksin, slap the cuffs on the scoundrel and dutifully frog march him to the airport to get the first plane back to Thailand - to lock him up.

And darn those pesky mobile phones - not working when you need 'em most. He should have bought a $16,000 mobile phone from Thaksin's son 'Oak,' when the kid was selling them - with jewels glued on each number.

There is only one sentence of his quotes I can agree with: “Chalerm added he knew nothing”

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates (farang comedian)

But you have to understand that you know nothing.

Thinking you know everything, while actually knowing little is not the same thing

"Asked if Thaksin was worried about the Bt2-trillion borrowing bill, Chalerm said he didn't meet Thaksin so he did not know that Thaksin was worried about the bill or not."

Corker!! clap2.gif

-mel.

Which makes Chalerm either a liar or just stupid.

Decisions, decisions.

Both; is not ruled out either,

There is only one sentence of his quotes I can agree with: “Chalerm added he knew nothing”

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates (farang comedian)
But you have to understand that you know nothing.

Thinking you know everything, while actually knowing little is not the same thing

sloppy if not false translation from the greek anyway to go for the quick punch line.

Its more that Socrates has claimed that he knows only very little about "true wisdom", and the very little thing he knows is that he knows nothing.

• Like 1

Here's what I think happened; He gets to HK airport: calls T, no answer. Goes to airport duty free and buys a bottle of blue label Johnny Walker for gift to T. Gets thirsty, opens bottle, starts drinking using a paper cup he found by the water cooler. Due to ear infection affecting his judgement, gets on wrong shuttle to city. Gets off, finds a mom & pop store, buys Seagrams, the only whiskey on sale there. Pours the Seagrams in to the JW bottle, and drinks what's left over from the Seagrams - to stay warm in cooler HK.

Calls T again, gets Oak. Oak says "stay there, I'll send a limousine." Limousine arrives, driver says T will be spending the next 3 hours counting money on the living room table, but there's a house of ill-repute nearby. The driver and Chalerm find they're from the same Tambon in Thailand, so they go out and buy some champagne. Driver asks if he should contribute some money, Chalerm says, "No, are you kidding, everything on this trip is paid by Thai taxpayers, ha ha ha." "Where's that bad place you mentioned - do they have blondes?"

• Like 1

Here's what I think happened; He gets to HK airport: calls T, no answer. Goes to airport duty free and buys a bottle of blue label Johnny Walker for gift to T. Gets thirsty, opens bottle, starts drinking using a paper cup he found by the water cooler. Due to ear infection affecting his judgement, gets on wrong shuttle to city. Gets off, finds a mom & pop store, buys Seagrams, the only whiskey on sale there. Pours the Seagrams in to the JW bottle, and drinks what's left over from the Seagrams - to stay warm in cooler HK.

Calls T again, gets Oak. Oak says "stay there, I'll send a limousine." Limousine arrives, driver says T will be spending the next 3 hours counting money on the living room table, but there's a house of ill-repute nearby. The driver and Chalerm find they're from the same Tambon in Thailand, so they go out and buy some champagne. Driver asks if he should contribute some money, Chalerm says, "No, are you kidding, everything on this trip is paid by Thai taxpayers, ha ha ha." "Where's that bad place you mentioned - do they have blondes?"

Don't think he has the intelligence to undertake such a complicated venture by himself.

What absolute <deleted>, unless he was took so much ear-medicine he cannot remember what he did/

Nothing to be proud of but that was my first thought as there was a few mornings I could not remember last night.

Directly from the self over prescribing of ear medicine.

Why bother making up such stupid lies? So what if you met him? We already know you're in his pocket anyway.

What a complete <deleted>. How embarrassing to live in a country with such a deputy PM!

55555! Couldn't have put it better myself, I am in no doubt whatsoever as to how clever these Thai politician's perceive themselves to be, they do not even seem to try to cover up their corrupt practices or lies? It's almost funny! Kind'a like a Thai version of "Yes Prime Minister".

What would be interesting would be to hire one of those what do you want to believe polls and have them come up with a resounding no we hate corruption and are going to be actively looking in to the back ground off any new faces as well as the old timers here in the Government.

Hire several of them they all produce what ever you want them to produce.

What absolute <deleted>, unless he was took so much ear-medicine he cannot remember what he did/

Nothing to be proud of but that was my first thought as there was a few mornings I could not remember last night.

Now if you can claim some court convictions on top of that, I'm sure you understand I'm not talking about the being caught over the speed limit convictions but some REAL ones, you surely qualify for a position in the next Cabinet reshuffle.

You want I update Dubai for you ?

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

I suppose we should give Chalerm credit for not resorting to the usual " I did meet Khun Thaksin but we didn't discuss politics."

This is the same Chalerm who will spearhead the rebuttle to the Dems' opposition to the ridiculous 2.2 trillion spending spree which Thaksin is dead-bent on getting passed. Thaksin has even threatened any PT sheeple who don't march in lockstep to his dictates - will suffer dire consequences. Suggest to Chalerm: you might want to wait until after the debating sessions, to take your ear medicine - oh what the heck, go ahead and keep a bottle behind the lectern and take a few swigs every so often. Your ears will thank you.

DPM Chalerm cancels his latest Malaysia peace-trip, and scurries off to Hong Kong for reasons not-given, then fails to meet up with the Big Boss, on whose behalf he wrote (in just one week-end) an amnesty-bill, and after a year and a half of following instructions and supporting the legal P.M.

Surely he doesn't fear that he will be edged-out, in a reshuffle which (even as a DPM) he knows nothing about, or that his former close-relationship with Thaksin is deteriorating ? Well if he didn't before, he surely should now, "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in-for-me !".rolleyes.gif

Doesn't anyone appreciate all his loyalty ? Or his successes in suppressing the jet-ski mafia & other tourist scams ? And sorting-out the problems in the South ? laugh.png

Perhaps he might have a little drinky-poos get-together with Sondhi or Newin, to discuss the dangers inherent, in supping with the devil ? wink.png

Agreed. He? has had some successes in a number major drug busts, but not one of them has lead to a 'mr. big', business as usual.

Imagine there was a top cop who headed the anti-drug crusade, yet he himself imbibed heavily in Thailand's #1 most harmful drug - oh, never mind, you don't have to imagine. Sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction. Let's just hope his buddy T doesn't entertain us with another verse of Lennon's 'Imagine.' Then we would all need some ear medicine.

In Thai political circles, lying has become so endemic, that they don't even seem to know when they're doing it. Perhaps we should pity those who can't help but lie every time they declare anything - similar to how we pity people with Alzheimers or ALS.

I assume that, because the Thai populace are fed so many lies from 'on high,' that the just grin and bear it. If asked, they'd probably say, "Oh, perhaps Mr. or Mrs. X didn't tell the truth, but that person probably has some karmic reason for doing that. Plus, who are we to judge? They are rich and hold exalted positions in government, and we are just the lesser people. They probably have a good reason to lie, so why get worked up about it? Mai pen rai, enjoy life, jai yen, ha ha ha."

What irks me, is the perception (perhaps off-the-mark) that Thai parents don't straight-out tell their children that lying is bad. Either I'm wrong about that, or parents are ineffectual in that regard. Instead, I see parents merely assuming that their kids will know such things (through osmosis?) - coupled with the knowledge that, to get ahead in the world and stand a chance to get rich (like Thaksin and Chalerm), it's necessary to lie often. You don't even have to be an adept liar to become rich and powerful.

• Like 1

Now if you can claim some court convictions on top of that, I'm sure you understand I'm not talking about the being caught over the speed limit convictions but some REAL ones, you surely qualify for a position in the next Cabinet reshuffle.

You want I update Dubai for you ?

Well I could but they were more trafic related and My kids didn't kill any one.

Also my car is blue.

Imagine there was a top cop who headed the anti-drug crusade, yet he himself imbibed heavily in Thailand's #1 most harmful drug - oh, never mind, you don't have to imagine. Sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction. Let's just hope his buddy T doesn't entertain us with another verse of Lennon's 'Imagine.' Then we would all need some ear medicine.

Can one hope for a massive overdose in a near future?