3 B B - The Good Guys

JetsetBkk

When it used to rain in Rawai (about 6 weeks ago) my Internet connection would die for 5 minutes, come back for 5 minutes, die again for 5 minutes and so on. This would last for a couple of hours and usually around midnight (i.e. when it rained).

After I called them, they came while I was out, so they said to call them again the next time it happened.

Well, there's been no rain for a while, but yesterday it was windy and the problem started again. So I called them today and they came about 50 minutes later and fixed it. The connector on the street pole had the problem.

I think that's pretty good service. Thank you 3BB.

• Like 1

Good positive report.smile.png

Your phone connection worked during the rains? Or did you call later?

I called them from my mobile.

The 3BB service is Internet only, no phone, so no 48volts on the line. This is actually a bit of a problem because if you have Internet plus phone, you can often hear that there is a bad connection before it gets so bad that the Internet doesn't work.

3BB offer excellent service, once you get an English speaking service member then I find they could not be more helpful especially if you are polite to them and of cool heart. Often they fix the problem remotely, and if an engineer needs to call it usually the same day, often just a couple of hours.

3BB offer excellent service, once you get an English speaking service member then I find they could not be more helpful especially if you are polite to them and of cool heart. Often they fix the problem remotely, and if an engineer needs to call it usually the same day, often just a couple of hours.

There's a guy on the 3BB helpline - in Bangkok, I think - who speaks almost perfect English and is extremely helpful. The two guys who turned up less than an hour after I called were quite the opposite in their language skills, but still very helpful. They called me on my mobile and kept saying "open gate!". So I told them I was at the gate and it was open. I kept repeating my house number - fairly loudly - and then my Thai landlord from across the road turned up, so I gave him the mobile.

After talking to them for a while he explained to me that my soi has two identical sets of house numbers! One set is in Moo 7 and the other set is in Moo 2. You couldn't make this stuff up!

Edited by JetsetBkk

There's a guy on the 3BB helpline - in Bangkok, I think - who speaks almost perfect English and is extremely helpful. The two guys who turned up less than an hour after I called were quite the opposite in their language skills, but still very helpful. They called me on my mobile and kept saying "open gate!". So I told them I was at the gate and it was open. I kept repeating my house number - fairly loudly - and then my Thai landlord from across the road turned up, so I gave him the mobile.

After talking to them for a while he explained to me that my soi has two identical sets of house numbers! One set is in Moo 7 and the other set is in Moo 2. You couldn't make this stuff up!

Yes, that's how addresses work here. House number, then Moo number. But still most can't find your house unless you can give them the Soi to turn on then some landmarks.

Same deal, Me i had thought though the rule was that rain = no internet and that was just the way it was in Thailand and had lived with that actually a couple of years

But after a real heavy heavy session of rain my internet went completely even after the rain had finally stopped.

Got a friend to ring up 3BB and they said they would send an engineer when one was available (I was thinking okay im going to be with out internet for a while)

Next day engineering rings, they come round fix my internet and same as story fault was at the pole.

But best thing was next lot of monsoon rain that came my internet worked perfectly all through the rain now..... i was as happy as a pig in mud after that

Agree completely. Nothing but good to say about their follow up service.

Quite a while ago my internet was completely offline. The guys from 3BB came after about one hour replaced the cable on the other side of the road, across the entry to a soi of Nanai Road. A truck had ripped it down. They also cleaned up the cable mess a bit, the whole procedure took about half an hour. I am happy with the service of 3BB.

I'm happy with 3BB Premier up in Korat, I also have TRUE 50 Meg DOCSIS..

Very often on TRUE I get a very slow international throughput, and often youtube is unusable but when I switch to 3BB it always seems to be fine.

But I am still waiting for the 3BB technician to call me back, it's been 3 years now.

Wow! What an incredible number of positive reports - and I thought it was only me! smile.png

On the downside though, there is the incredibly poor international bandwidth. But it's not just 3BB.

This is how long it took to get a response from Thaivisa (in Singapore) the first time I hit the "Preview Post" button:

post-35489-0-33834700-1364376931_thumb.j

Subsequent to that, the responses have been around 2 seconds. So I would think a lot of the information is being cached somewhere.

Wow! What an incredible number of positive reports - and I thought it was only me! smile.png

On the downside though, there is the incredibly poor international bandwidth. But it's not just 3BB.

This is how long it took to get a response from Thaivisa (in Singapore) the first time I hit the "Preview Post" button:

attachicon.giftv wait.jpg

Subsequent to that, the responses have been around 2 seconds. So I would think a lot of the information is being cached somewhere.

Does 3BB offer a more expensive service that offers good international bandwith

Wow! What an incredible number of positive reports - and I thought it was only me!

This is how long it took to get a response from Thaivisa (in Singapore) the first time I hit the "Preview Post" button:tv wait.jpg

Yes. I have a business package that is much faster than residential account.

Only drawback is that I pay 3800 a month for this service at home. Its still sporadic with drop outs and slow periods but huge difference to the other package previously with 3BB.

Wow! What an incredible number of positive reports - and I thought it was only me!

This is how long it took to get a response from Thaivisa (in Singapore) the first time I hit the "Preview Post" button:tv wait.jpg

They do have a package called premiere with better international bandwidth but when I moved house they tried telling me it doesnt exist anymore.. but I did manage to get it in the end its about 2700 baht for 5 mbps/1 mbps.

It is better than my 50 meg true line.

They do have a package called premiere with better international bandwidth but when I moved house they tried telling me it doesnt exist anymore.. but I did manage to get it in the end its about 2700 baht for 5 mbps/1 mbps.

I have both premier package and the cheaper 13 meg package. I end up using the cheaper package. Seems to be much faster. Go figure ??

Only drawback is that I pay 3800 a month for this service at home. Its still sporadic with drop outs and slow periods but huge difference to the other package previously with 3BB.

Do you know if this package is available to people on a tourist visa, whats needed to sign up to this service.

I have both premier package and the cheaper 13 meg package. I end up using the cheaper package. Seems to be much faster. Go figure ??

How much is the 13meg package per month?

Thanks for the info.

How much is the 13meg package per month?

963 baht/month include tax.

Do you know if this package is available to people on a tourist visa, whats needed to sign up to this service.

In Pattaya they asked for 12 Months payment up front without querying my immigration status.

So I just got the Mrs to sign up and it was then month by month.

Yes, the internet service providers have become wary of 'visitors' signing up for services that require a minimum service agreement. Visitor stays a few months and goes, service provider cannot collect. Last few years they all require 12 months up front payment. The good news is that you can claim back unused time, less a penalty payment. Subject to giving cancellation documentation.

Thought I'd pile in, I've always used fixed CAT landlines who had always been excellent but more expensive. Moved to a different province recently and unfortunately the CAT office here don't seem to be as organised as elsewhere, unable to give an installation date beyond 'probably within a month'.

I opened a 3bb account, the 13m package at 900 odd a month, installed within 4 days and it's far better than expected. I like telly and have uk and us vpn accounts, with the standard (not the premier account and just adsl, not fibre-optic) 13m account i can stream netflix, iplayer, torrents etc with no problem - to be honest it's faster for me than CAT was, and cheaper. Highly recommended.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Yes, the internet service providers have become wary of 'visitors' signing up for services that require a minimum service agreement. Visitor stays a few months and goes, service provider cannot collect. Last few years they all require 12 months up front payment. The good news is that you can claim back unused time, less a penalty payment. Subject to giving cancellation documentation.

You also get 8% discount if you pay for a year up front.

Edit:

And - YIPPEE! - it's been raining for a while and I still have a good connection! :w00t:

Edited by JetsetBkk

Thought I'd pile in, I've always used fixed CAT landlines who had always been excellent but more expensive. Moved to a different province recently and unfortunately the CAT office here don't seem to be as organised as elsewhere, unable to give an installation date beyond 'probably within a month'.

I opened a 3bb account, the 13m package at 900 odd a month, installed within 4 days and it's far better than expected. I like telly and have uk and us vpn accounts, with the standard (not the premier account and just adsl, not fibre-optic) 13m account i can stream netflix, iplayer, torrents etc with no problem - to be honest it's faster for me than CAT was, and cheaper. Highly recommended.

HI Rwdrwdrwd if you use speedtest.net what speeds you getting with your 13mb package?

Edit:

And - YIPPEE! - it's been raining for a while and I still have a good connection! w00t.gif

That's not a bad deal

Edit:

And - YIPPEE! - it's been raining for a while and I still have a good connection! :w00t:

That's not a bad deal

If I could get anywhere near 8% interest at a bank I'd be very happy! :D