Has Anyone Heard About Thailand Outlook Channel?

pongster303

Yeah, it's been covering the protest in English and I've caught some of the live translations. It can be boring at some part but I'm sure Thai political enthusiasts will enjoy it. I really like some of the anchors and am keen to watch more of their programs. I saw the channel on Samui and managed to locate it in Bangkok but I'm not sure if any other provinces carry it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

We get it occasionally on cable tv through ASTV and I must say it's quite good. The biggest problem seems to be in its distribution. On ASTV, it's shown for only a half hour or so before its replaced with other programming. The travel segments in particular have been very well done I thought.

What are its program hours?

Where all is it distributed on its own?

Are you shown on any of its advertising footage of the staff "behind the camera?"... :o

I used to get Thailand Outlook Channel (ASTV 2) on channel 24. But a couple of months ago, TOC was replaced by ASTV 1 (Thai language only). I was quite disappointed because TOC had really helped me understand the Thai political situation. Now I watch the news in Thai and try my best to understand but still miss a lot.

BTW, is TOC still giving away free shirts? I'd love to have one! :o

• 1 year later...

UPDATE

After a long and complete absence from our cable TV line-up, it has now been picked up as its own channel (as per Post #4, it was previously only shown in sporadic segments on another channel).

Its news and travel programs on Thailand far surpass anything else available on TV.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays in the line-up, which seems to change on a weekly basis.

Thailand outlook is one of those channels that if you have the misfortune of tuning in, that you just hope that would be the last time you will ever have to endure such amateurish drivel coming into the confines of your own home

the reports are so slow you wonder if the reporters are falling a sleep reading the news

they report news in a style which best represents sondhi, malicsious horse #$#$ using the channel for another propaganda vehicle

if you are a tv junkie and have very few brain cells left, then this is the channel for you

Edited by Hampstead