China-Phone

Bezpoleznyak

I'm going to buy a smartphone from China on-line shops. It's going to be a smartphone with a quite a good camera and 4.3 display's size like, let's say, Galaxy 2. I don't know actually what I want, but basically it should be a normal modern smartphone for about $200-250. The price is possible for sure for that kind of a phone as I know.

So what smartphone would you recommend me?

From experience (and living in China a while): When you buy an android based phone in ANY China located store (and onine) a lot of features will be blocked. No google play etc.

Usually with lots of bloatware as well.

You can go to MBK etc and get it rebooted (or whatever needs to be done) for about 400bht though.

From experience (and living in China a while): When you buy an android based phone in ANY China located store (and onine) a lot of features will be blocked. No google play etc.

Usually with lots of bloatware as well.

You can go to MBK etc and get it rebooted (or whatever needs to be done) for about 400bht though.

I guess it depends who you buy it from. The China phones I have do not have any bloatware, no features that I am aware of are blocked and google play works just fine thank you.

• Like 1

Yes, as per WhizBang, I also have a "Note" clone (4" screen) for Thai half, and an "S3" clone (4.3" screen) for me. Android ICS. Good service from both. Play Store functional. Bought from eBay, about $100US each.

Thai half's previous smartphone was also a China clone (Android 2.2 - 3.4" screen). Still working after almost two years.

Should note, the battery on the China clone phones may, or may not, be of standard dimension. But, a good battery shop can rework an expired battery, if required. The older clone required that (due to severe Facebook usage). Was reworked to a larger capacity. About, 300 baht.

So, in my experience, there appears to be good value in the China phone clones. (Also, tablets. Android mini-PC. And, laptop batteries.)

But, the normal caveats apply.

Cheers

• Like 1