The "blue Book" When You Purchase A Condo

When I purchased my condo years ago, I was given a "blue book" together with the Chanote.

The Chanote has my name (Thai translation) imprinted on it, but NOT the blue book.

To-date, the blue book remains blank.

Now I have always been on a Tourist Visa ("TR"), doing what everyone else has been doing over the years - visa run.

I visited Honda bike shop recently, and the sales staff insisted that I need to produce the blue book with my name imprinted in order for me to own a motorcycle in Thailand.

So the question : How can I enter my name into the blue book when I'm on a TR ?

A blue book can't have a foreigner name in it.

To register a bike/car in your name you will need to get a certificate of residence from your local immigration office and a non- immigrant visa.

To get the cerificate of residence you provide immigration with a copy of an utillity bill or telephone bill and a copy of of your non-immigrant visa and pay ?200 Baht .

Edited by jbrain

To register a bike/car in your name you will need to get a certificate of residence from your local immigration office and a non- immigrant visa.

To get the cerificate of residence you provide immigration with a copy of an utillity bill or telephone bill and a copy of of your non-immigrant visa and pay ?200 Baht .

Does that mean a foreigner can own a condo on a Tourist Visa, but not a car or bike ?

That sounds pretty strange.

Does that mean a foreigner can own a condo on a Tourist Visa, but not a car or bike ?

I think you can answer your own question.

Did you need a certificate of residence to purchase your condo?

If you needed it, and were able to get one at that time, than you will probably be able to get one now also.

A certificate of residence is what you need to purchase a bike/car.

And a (yellow) tabien baan is one of the options that serves as a certificate of residence. But on a tourist visa entry you cannot get a yellow tabien baan, you must have a non-immigrant visa.

So get the certificate of residency from either immigration or your embassy. Immigration might not issue if you are on a tourist visa.

On the Certificate of Residence, I got one this week in Pattaya - Jomtien, everyone was charged 300Bt, about 15 per hour applied for, over an 8 hour working day, no receipt, not a bad little squeeze for someone.

BW.

thai rookie.

I recently sold a motorbike to a Russian, I was surprised that , The Immigration office (Jomtien) did issue a Certificate of residency as he was on a Tourist visa, he had no other documents only copys of passport, the letter to certify residency, transfer of ownership was done without any problems.He did have an International drivers licence from Russia, but this was not asked for nor shown. Change your motorbike shop, they are simply wrong with their info.!!

BW

Edited by bigwilly

I cannot agree with the statement 'As a foreigner you can't be named in a tabien ban.'

For certain you cannot have it in the main pages.

Banglamung City Hall added my name -but on the inside cover.

It satisfies immigration when I am on a 90 day run

Possibly not all Amphurs are as co-operative as Banglamung

I cannot agree with the statement 'As a foreigner you can't be named in a tabien ban.'

I have read reports about foreigners added to a blue book when they were legally married to the person on the first page of the book.

However technically they should issue him a yellow book as this is specifically for foreigners.

Indeed Banglamung is very cooperative since they even issued me a yellow book without providing them with the required documents laugh.png

Did you need a certificate of residence to purchase your condo?

If you needed it, and were able to get one at that time, than you will probably be able to get one now also.

A certificate of residence is what you need to purchase a bike/car.

I didn't have a Certificate of Residence when I first purchased my condo. I was on a 4-day visit, and if I remember correctly, I stayed at Arnoma Hotel opposite the the World Trade Center. I could not have had a Certificate of Residence.

I have read reports about foreigners added to a blue book when they were legally married to the person on the first page of the book.

However technically they should issue him a yellow book as this is specifically for foreigners.

Indeed Banglamung is very cooperative since they even issued me a yellow book without providing them with the required documents laugh.png

This is the first time I come across the term "yellow book". I wasn't given a yellow book when I purchased my condo.

This is the first time I come across the term "yellow book". I wasn't given a yellow book when I purchased my condo.

You have to apply yourself for a yellow book at the local Amphur, it isn't given automatically.

There are several threads about the requirements for a yellow book on this forum