Problems With Hotmail

Oink

Is anyone else having problems with access to Hotmail. I just upgraded to IE 10 now I cannot access my Hotmail (Outlook) account!

Keep getting "There is a problem with this website's security certificate". or "Outlook is not currently available".

Oink

I have two hotmail accounts. One I use for general internet usage like buying things online, chat rooms or whatever. I have another I only use for friends and business and that has been kept remarkably free of spams over the years. As Microsoft migrates to "outlook" I hit the preview Outlook button on one of the accounts and I get that new Outlook view. I hate it. My other hotmail account I did NOT hit the preview button and it still comes up in the older Hotmail interface. If I log in with the account that I seem to have set to use Outlook, and then log out, then if I hit the Log back in again, If I then enter the hotmail account that is NOT set for Outlook, I get some display saying something similar to what you wrote that says Outlook is not available and it says go to Hotmail. Try going to hotmail com website and try to log in with your email.

I personally have never had a problem for over 12 years with Hotmail.

However i have fixed many issues on friends computers relevant to Hotmail.

1/. The most common problem is if your time and date on computer is way out, then Hotmail wont always work. This is usually the issue when the web certificate problem comes up.

2/. You may need to adjust your internet security settings, mail me if you cannot do it.

3/. Turn off the Phishing filter.

ALL the spam mails i get from a " friends " email address come from a hotmail address.

I had a hotmail address, which I abandoned because of too much problems and at one point, about 1 year after I logged in to it for the last time, it sent a spam message to all contacts in the address book.