Trang, Anyone Been There, Reccomendations Where To Stay/see?

jinners

Stay at the Trang Hotel, smack in the middle of the downtown area, next to the landmark clock tower. OK rooms, nice restaurant downstairs, no swimming pool though. As a day trip, go to nearby Pak Meng Beach. Or rent a car/motorbike and go and see the many nearby waterfalls. Trang is a charming city with a traditional feeling about it, there are a lot of kopi shops where they serve Malaysian style coffee.

• Like 1

why are u going to trang? i have stayed there once an only cause i was tired,

just passed thru there last week on way to Malaysia by car.

some cheap rests down form the clock tower is all i can tell ya.

Get a car an head to Songkla about 90 minutes away

Trang is (was) paradise, lived there 96-98. That time Pak Meng Beach and Koh Mook island was the thing. Nowadays I dont know. People was friendly, few tourist and that time just a few handfull teachers, doctors was foreign. Recommend you to try the food at Khao Fang restaurant near trainstation and Thailands best coffee at Mr. Thanu kopi shop nearby. I rented that time long time from Trang Hotel and also lived some months in Kantang district.

Thanks all for the comments. I'm heading down there for a look. Never been before and seemed a little of the beaten track. It also looked very beautiful. I guess I should have been more explicit in what I was asking. While we (Me n Thai GF) fly into Trat I was hoping to chill on one of the islands, maybe do some fishing or snorkelling there, laze away a few days in clear fresh waters. Not too many tourists, that kind of thing.

Went there for New Years with my buddies in 2011. We went down to Koh Kradan and rented a couple of small cottages, the island is small and you can only access a limited portion of it, however you have great dining options and good accomodations there. If you plan on going down to the place then be sure to check out this awesome island cave that you have to access by swimming, the boats organize tours to the place and you have to make your way through a tunnel of sorts to a beautiful beach, its absolutely surreal!

• Like 1